Russia Water Boom

Singapore ShawnRay223
Crossbow

Russia Water Boom

Post by ShawnRay223 »

Where can I find some information or BO for a russia water boom on maps like Florida, Manchuria, New England, etc? What is the goal of this and how do you play it out after the sea run out of food?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Russia Water Boom

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Watch Tit vs erik from NWC qualifiers I'd say.
I think kynesie also water boomed as Russia in like 2015-2016.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Watch Gibson play Russia on water maps.

(j/k)
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

It depends on how much you want to commit to water. If you want to just do a single dock defensive blockhouse play, just go wood trickle then 700w and build a dock in transition and wait until the 400w from age up to build your blockhouse and some fishing boats (leave some vills on wood tho), using the 700w to build a second bh and train fishing boats.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Greece giannisKING
Skirmisher
ESO: 4fr33d0m

Post by giannisKING »

Russian water boom seems weak (even on RE) against semi ff civs especially on maps where they can get stagecoach as well, so you should rather play land at these games. On no tp maps its auto win against france german dutch etc.
Anyway this is the build (14v age up) :
-scooners
-700 w
-fishing upgrade
-700 coin to age
This in case he is passive as well, if he applies pressure on you on land or water you might need 13 strelet cm 2 caravels etc depending on what he does.
Don't send distributism before scooners, or you will be super slow, unless it is carolina and you go early tp I guess
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Russian water boom isn't weak against semi ff civs, it just depends on the map. On a good water map like Saguenay, it's really good against civs like France and Germany.
Greece giannisKING
Skirmisher

Post by giannisKING »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Russian water boom isn't weak against semi ff civs, it just depends on the map. On a good water map like Saguenay, it's really good against civs like France and Germany.
Sure you know more than I do, but have you ever tried it yourself? They get too much momentum , and you akwardly have to upgrade all your units at fortress .
Singapore ShawnRay223
Crossbow

Post by ShawnRay223 »

giannisKING wrote:Russian water boom seems weak (even on RE) against semi ff civs especially on maps where they can get stagecoach as well, so you should rather play land at these games. On no tp maps its auto win against france german dutch etc.
-scooners
-700 w
-fishing upgrade
-700 coin to age
This in case he is passive as well, if he applies pressure on you on land or water you might need 13 strelet cm 2 caravels etc depending on what he does.
Don't send distributism before scooners, or you will be super slow, unless it is carolina and you go early tp I guess
It's Florida, I tend to send 300w first to build a dock then schooner
Greece giannisKING
Skirmisher

Post by giannisKING »

ShawnRay223 wrote:
giannisKING wrote:Russian water boom seems weak (even on RE) against semi ff civs especially on maps where they can get stagecoach as well, so you should rather play land at these games. On no tp maps its auto win against france german dutch etc.
-scooners
-700 w
-fishing upgrade
-700 coin to age
It's Florida, I tend to send 300w first to build a dock then schooner
Thats not optimal for sure, early scooners followed up by 700w is better and faster you will see.