300 wood first dutch shipment

No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

I have this firm belief that a key to winning as Dutch is to get at least one bank up asap to maintain Villager production. Even if you age slower because of it IMHO it's better to invest early resources in a bank. Especially if the start crates are high on a noob map like Deccan Hispaniola or an Otto noob map like carolina. Anyway in order to go early bank what do u think about sending 300 wood?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Basically it's shit because you don't get out three vils which is better then spending 350 food and 50 wood on 2.75 gold per second a minute earlier
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

3 vills >> 300 wood really.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

jerom wrote:3 vills >'>' 300 wood really.
Haha actually i tried this strat once, i sent 300w, made a bank, with the xp i sent 3v, in transition made another bank and with THAt xp i had shipment ready in age 2. I think i barely mananged a 17v age up with a food treasure tho

who knows tho, maybe its good vs spain or china
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

And unfortunately, if you're aging up with 17 vills while doing this, you might as well just play standard and ship 700w first and have that 4th bank under construction in the same time you would've aged with 17 vills. :P
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

lol ditch

Don't 300w unless you got some nice amount of XP to send 2nd shipment in age 1. Anyway GS says Dutch don't fit the 300w/TP meta well. Don't try it. 3 vils is the best way to start with.

Vs sioux, food trickle.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

Try to get a tp up and age with 15/16 villagers, send 3 vills then 300 wood. This might work to set up a tp route with the stage coach upgrade and not get slowed down too much with your bank count. It isn't better per se, but it's definitely faster at setting up the route, especially on low resource maps where you need the extra income.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

It's a shitment.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

subzero wrote:lol ditch

Don''t 300w unless you got some nice amount of XP to send 2nd shipment in age 1. Anyway GS says Dutch don''t fit the 300w/TP meta well. Don''t try it. 3 vils is the best way to start with.

Vs sioux, food trickle.

lol thanks for the solid advice
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

I don't think it's that bad. If someone rushes you early, that extra bank is going to do a lot more good than 3 vills will, plus you can get your second bank out asap after aging using 400w, since most of your vills will be on food during transition. Plus xp points.
oranges.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

aizamk wrote:I don''t think it''s that bad. If someone rushes you early, that extra bank is going to do a lot more good than 3 vills will, plus you can get your second bank out asap after aging using 400w, since most of your vills will be on food during transition. Plus xp points.
New aizmeta leak confirmed. I haven''t seen you play dutch in a long time, now I know what you''ve been up to
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

ovi12 wrote:
aizamk wrote:I dont think its that bad. If someone rushes you early, that extra bank is going to do a lot more good than 3 vills will, plus you can get your second bank out asap after aging using 400w, since most of your vills will be on food during transition. Plus xp points.
New aizmeta leak confirmed. I havent seen you play dutch in a long time, now I know what youve been up to

lol
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

I played Dutch heavily through out Vanilla/TWC and did experiment with 300w. I never found that it worked better then 3vils, they're just worth more early on and can switch to different resources as needed etc. Are you not chopping for your first bank in transition? Dutch can have uninterrupted villager production and still get their bank up so I'm a bit confused why you need the bank up first to maintain production?
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Post by _venox_ »

venox wrote:Try to get a tp up and age with 15/16 villagers, send 3 vills then 300 wood. This might work to set up a tp route with the stage coach upgrade and not get slowed down too much with your bank count. It isn''t better per se, but it''s definitely faster at setting up the route, especially on low resource maps where you need the extra income.
It is like the slow 17 vill age up for Russia with eco theory as your second card and an early market, just for Dutch with an extra bank and a later colonial. I don''t know if the speed difference with faster 700w/bank wagon negates the extra income through the bank though.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

einfein wrote:I played Dutch heavily through out Vanilla/TWC and did experiment with 300w. I never found that it worked better then 3vils, they''re just worth more early on and can switch to different resources as needed etc. Are you not chopping for your first bank in transition? Dutch can have uninterrupted villager production and still get their bank up so I''m a bit confused why you need the bank up first to maintain production?

this. You delay your age up so much that you arent going to have a better eco at any point in time, and when you get to 4 banks, you are three vills behind the standard 3 vill strat.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

marco1698 wrote:It''s a shitment.
Nice

TP might be viable as Dutch, at some point, even though their shipments are mediocre. But 300w just doesn''t work.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

calmyourtits wrote:
marco1698 wrote:Its a shitment.
Nice

TP might be viable as Dutch, at some point, even though their shipments are mediocre. But 300w just doesnt work.

Ive been thinking about this lately. When would you build it? Could 12/10 + TP with a 200w start be worth it. Or 16 vill age and gather 100 wood for TP (I think that might work out)? And if you get a 100w start? Is there any point in time where you can benefit from a TP.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Post by _venox_ »

Maybe your idea of the 12/10 combined with sending 300 wood after the 3 villagers for a second tp and 100 wood for a house, building your first bank from the age up wood and getting the stage coach upgrade from 700 wood may be worth a try.
If you get a 100 wood start try to still chop for the tp and age up with 16 villagers with the same concept (but a bank in transition), still going for 3 vill 300 wood might work.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

venox wrote:Maybe your idea of the 12/10 combined with sending 300 wood after the 3 villagers for a second tp and 100 wood for a house, building your first bank from the age up wood and getting the stage coach upgrade from 700 wood may be worth a try.
If you get a 100 wood start try to still chop for the tp and age up with 16 villagers with the same concept (but a bank in transition), still going for 3 vill 300 wood might work.

you cant chop 200 wood and age with 16 vills. But for 200w start, it might surely be worth testing. With or without 300w. But you wont be able to get up that bank without 300w, so probably with. If you can send 300w and still get a shipment right when you hit age 2, and get the bank up before aging, and age smoothly with 16 vills, it might be worth it. Otherwise, Id doubt it.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

what about using the 300 wood to make a trade post or walls
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

noissance wrote:what about using the 300 wood to make a trade post or walls
Sending 3 villagers is better than anything in age 1. Having a trading post is nice, it just doesnt come near the value of 3 vills. Also if you really need walls, you won''t need 300wood''s worth of walls, maybe only like 50w max. 3 villagers are much better just because they gather 300w in only 3 minutes and 20 seconds. At the point when you semd 3 villagers you have only about 10-11 vills, so an additional 3 vills means a 30 percent boost to your economy at that point
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

I think the xp bonus for building a bank was higher before (maybe on vanilla/TWC?) and then it was huge to build an extra bank before ageup. I think you could do a 300wood, gather only food, and age up with very few vils, like 10. Very fast ageup, and then you can build bank during transition, and get enough xp for 8 pikes, and have the pikes harass extremely early due to the fast ageup (dutch already free coin crates to make lots of vils). While harassing with the 8 pikes you could use the 400 ageup wood to build another bank, and you have your second age2 shipment available right away almost. And can boom away while the opponent thinks you're rushing your ass off. :)

Now it's very tricky to do something good with 300w, I played around with it a lot.
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

I tried it a bit just now, and I would say it's not THAT bad. You will basically have 2 shipments back to back in age 2. If you have good treasures it might be viable...

You can have 8 pikes out at ~4:30, and the second bank start building at the same time. When bank is done before 5 in mark, you have another shipment. Though you only have maybe 13-14 vils (depending on starting crates). But you can get an agressive shipment while booming which is quite nice. you can also do a full boom if you want, which means you have standard start with 3 less vils, but your shipment ready faster and you have 2 of them.

I dont know, I think it could work to be honest, at least good enough to be played around with. Food treasures to prevent TC idle time would be the most important. You probably need 5 gold crate start though
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

91 wrote:I tried it a bit just now, and I would say it''s not THAT bad. You will basically have 2 shipments back to back in age 2. If you have good treasures it might be viable...

You can have 8 pikes out at ~4:30, and the second bank start building at the same time. When bank is done before 5 in mark, you have another shipment. Though you only have maybe 13-14 vils (depending on starting crates). But you can get an agressive shipment while booming which is quite nice. you can also do a full boom if you want, which means you have standard start with 3 less vils, but your shipment ready faster and you have 2 of them.

I dont know, I think it could work to be honest, at least good enough to be played around with. Food treasures to prevent TC idle time would be the most important. You probably need 5 gold crate start though
But that means the pike will reach his base at around 5 minutes and all he needs vs 8 pike are minutemed. And if he starts cav you will have to bring pike home anyway to catch raids
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

ovi12 wrote:Sending 3 villagers is better than anything in age 1.

ImageImage
taunt 28