The underrated case for forts

Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: The underrated case for forts

Post by Riotcoke »

dansil92 wrote:Yes euros can't build a tc with vills but they can Summon their explorer at full health, instantaneously. Seems pretty fair to me. Reviving a monk is legitimately never going to happen using the tc. You idle and its stupidly expensive and slow. Firepit takes a firepit and lots of vill seconds. Aztec is the exception with wp but those certainly aren't free and their war chief is like, legitimately, essential to their composition
It's not fair, you have to equate putting up a tc with vills with moving to a new location for res, it's so much better.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

harcha wrote:it should be risky but it shouldn't be like if you use 1 unit you cannot make it anymore.
i think limiting to like 4 vils is reasonable as i agree that they do go up too fast. the risk of losing 4v and a foundation is also considerable after all.
what you say about shipment points and map control, however, does also apply to outposts and even more so warhuts
Yes if we can limit it to 4v it's probably fine. It just shouldn't go up too fast. And obviously has to be the same for all civs.

Anyway, outposts and warhuts are military buildings. Investing in military shouldn't be "risky", you're not being greedy then, by definition. While TCs allow you to boom which should be a risk.
Also note how the limit to build a warhut / blockhouse / outpost IS 4 vils, haha. And it has a slow building time, especially for a cheaper building than a TC.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

dansil92 wrote:Yes euros can't build a tc with vills but they can Summon their explorer at full health, instantaneously. Seems pretty fair to me. Reviving a monk is legitimately never going to happen using the tc. You idle and its stupidly expensive and slow. Firepit takes a firepit and lots of vill seconds. Aztec is the exception with wp but those certainly aren't free and their war chief is like, legitimately, essential to their composition
I disagree.
1) Buying the euro explo back is a 200g swing, so it's not like it's much cheaper than buying a monk back.
2) It gives a notification to your opponent that you're probably gonna build a TC. That's a very big deal.
3) A euro explo is significantly weaker in fights than a TAD one, so it should be cheaper anyway. Also monks won't die as easily to begin with.
4) At a point in the game where you can afford to buy back your explorer to build another TC, I don't think idling your first TC for a few seconds really matters much.

Pretty much the same applies to TWC civs. Actually, if your warchief is dead, you're gonna have to revive it because you need it for fights, regardless of TCs.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Kaiserklein wrote:4) At a point in the game where you can afford to buy back your explorer to build another TC, I don't think idling your first TC for a few seconds really matters much.
Pretty much the same applies to TWC civs. Actually, if your warchief is dead, you're gonna have to revive it because you need it for fights, regardless of TCs.
I disagree with this, I think it matters. The chinese monk costs 300c and takes smth like 30 seconds to train. That is quite expensive both in time that you're training it and idling TC, but also the fact that it is 300c (comparable price to euro civs but much more impactful to your macro).

Generally I think that euro civs should just be able to make TCs. This would make sense (so that all vils can make TCs across the board) and would make the gameplay more streamlined.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

The things is, to enable euro vills to build TC won't break game balance much.