can someone explain the current spain meta to me

United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

can someone explain the current spain meta to me

Post by Squamiger »

Ok, I'm officialy not playing on RE anymore because the maps are just so annoying and some matchups are really annoying. Making the full switch to EP. Seems like I can get a few games every day at around 1st lieut/captain level.

I was trying to just work on macro and timings with France but France bores me so I want to switch to Spain. However, all the strats on the Strategy Wall for spain seem pretty old and not up to date with the new EP.

So can someone help me with a good overview for how to play Spain? I feel like I have an idea of a few strats:

1. colonial aggro. Chop wood for a barracks, make musks, and follow up with 5v-4v to have a strong early colonial eco
2. ATP
3. Eco FF. Seems like I don't see the really aggro Piroshiki ff for Spain much among the pros these days. People are going age 3 and sending Spanish Gold and then defending and massing with rod+skirm. I like that composition, it feels a lot like China territorial army.
4. Revolt/FI. No idea how to do this one.

What's the start for Spain like? Can you go for an early market like France on certain crate starts? Are you pretty much always gonna send 700w as first card for colonial play, and 700g for FF? Is a 5 hussar semi-ff possible with Spain, like it is with France?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: can someone explain the current spain meta to me

Post by Riotcoke »

Just lame ATP and queue on the tourney map pool.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

1. Colonial rush BO is get market with 100c and 100w start, try to get coin tres arround tc or w tres, to get hunting dogs, if its 200w the same. Chop 400w while aging for tp & barrack, age with tower and place it forward like ur rax and send 700w, 700c after crates send 8pikes or 7rods depends on what civ ur opponent is. get 2nd rax and 5 houses with 700w and have all vills on food, dont forget that u need good macro to get 20musk and 8pike/7rods as soon as possible to push.
2. Atp. i dont like/do it more due it slows ur age up down, could be cuz ppl like rushing me :P. u can easiliy build second tp with 700w while aging to fortress, just let 4vills gather wood while aging for houses.
3. this is the strongest BO for spain right now, u need good micro to hold first pushes when playing vs rush/ff civs with mm/dogs/falcs/musks or lancers. After holding ur eco will be very good with spanisg gold, sometimes u can even send 1k w to make more raxes/stables Rod/skirm micro is very important here to win tho.
4. As Rohvolter, i would say u can get away with a FI with some walls 2falcs skirms/rods or a fort, but it requires again much micro. if the map has 3tps and u can get all with atp, i would go FI/Revolt, with 2 tps its also ok. I dont like it much with 2tp ngl. Card order 3vills/ATP/700c/700w/5vill/spanish gold/Fort,2falcs,9rods(depends on which units ur opponent has/1kw(after 1k wood u should be almost aging) age4 if Revolting 7hussars if FI´ing 2hcs/ 8lancers depends again what units ur opponent has. Make skirm or rods while aging always to protect falcs/vills and a wall is needed.
Spain pain train is real
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Squamiger wrote:What's the start for Spain like? Can you go for an early market like France on certain crate starts? Are you pretty much always gonna send 700w as first card for colonial play, and 700g for FF? Is a 5 hussar semi-ff possible with Spain, like it is with France?
You can go Market with 100c/100w start with coin and w treasures. 700w is always first card for colonial play, 700c for ff, yup. i never tested the 5 huss semi tho, but i think it sucks, since ppl do mostly musks vs spain or ff instead and then u are even later in fortress than ur opponent.
Spain pain train is real
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Riotcoke wrote:Just lame ATP and queue on the tourney map pool.
Obsessed :maniac:
Spain pain train is real
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I've had some success with a like a 5 rod semi vs germany at (y)our level you just have to be super cautious not to linger in colonial for very long or you get oofed real quick. The increased ageup speed is quite nice on ep, and synergizes nicely with the faster shipment progression. I really like ep spain it feels strong but never broken
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

On the RE, you have to ff and be agressive every game. Something like 700c/700w/5v/2falcs/12pikes/5huss or even 8 pikes instead of 5v. On the EP, you can also go for eco builds like ATP semi ff or ff into spanish gold/1000w.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

ATP is not that lame now. 1-2 TP standard FF should work; and as the standard age up is 5 seconds faster while exalted prince is 5 seconds slower, some semiFF builds should be available too.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

The state of aoe actually sucks because of the tp map pool
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

I always play std. Ep maps, they seem best to me tbh. Not esoc maps not tournament maps but just std. Ep maps.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

Squamiger wrote:Ok, I'm officialy not playing on RE anymore because the maps are just so annoying and some matchups are really annoying. Making the full switch to EP. Seems like I can get a few games every day at around 1st lieut/captain level.
Add me on eso theres a nice community of captains/lieuts that play pretty regularly
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Rohbrot wrote:1. Colonial rush BO is get market with 100c and 100w start, try to get coin tres arround tc or w tres, to get hunting dogs, if its 200w the same. Chop 400w while aging for tp & barrack, age with tower and place it forward like ur rax and send 700w, 700c after crates send 8pikes or 7rods depends on what civ ur opponent is. get 2nd rax and 5 houses with 700w and have all vills on food, dont forget that u need good macro to get 20musk and 8pike/7rods as soon as possible to push.
Ahaha why do you revel my secret strat!

But i have an other secret strat with no market and the same amount of unit!
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

chronique wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:1. Colonial rush BO is get market with 100c and 100w start, try to get coin tres arround tc or w tres, to get hunting dogs, if its 200w the same. Chop 400w while aging for tp & barrack, age with tower and place it forward like ur rax and send 700w, 700c after crates send 8pikes or 7rods depends on what civ ur opponent is. get 2nd rax and 5 houses with 700w and have all vills on food, dont forget that u need good macro to get 20musk and 8pike/7rods as soon as possible to push.
Ahaha why do you revel my secret strat!

But i have an other secret strat with no market and the same amount of unit!
OP strat of OP player!!!
Spain pain train is real
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Just play Spain bois and see if u get colonel, since only @chronique and me achieved it (with full spain). Im fcking bored of the shit talking to me after a game or while playing, (some players do this ngl, the most ppl i are nice) i hate it when ppl say me ^^Spain is OP^^, since we see which civs are mostly used in epl^^.
We are a small community and we shouldnt flame/insult each other.
Sad to write this.
If someone has a Winrate of spain in epl or in EP 8.2 pls share it, if spain is so ^^OP^^ how some claim, it should have top3 Winrate.
(Dont know if piroshiki got colonel in the past tho)
Spain pain train is real
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Don't let it get to you. People in aoe3 are just generally very often horrible losers.

And it's much worse when they lose to more unconventional strats or civs. People don't mind it so much if you just have great mechanics and win by doing perfect skirm/goon. But if you invent or perfect some fun builds like atp/nats/revolt/rush or whatever, they get extremely salty because they just wanna play their regular meta stuff greedy skirm/goon.

It's quite sad, but also not surprising. Happened to me all the time back in the day.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Astaroth wrote:atp/nats/revolt/rush or whatever,
Not even with revolt i got more flamed than when i did normal Skirm/rod age3 play^^
Spain pain train is real
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

Rohbrot wrote:Just play Spain bois and see if u get colonel, since only @chronique and me achieved it (with full spain). Im fcking bored of the shit talking to me after a game or while playing, (some players do this ngl, the most ppl i are nice) i hate it when ppl say me ^^Spain is OP^^, since we see which civs are mostly used in epl^^.
We are a small community and we shouldnt flame/insult each other.
Sad to write this.
If someone has a Winrate of spain in epl or in EP 8.2 pls share it, if spain is so ^^OP^^ how some claim, it should have top3 Winrate.
(Dont know if piroshiki got colonel in the past tho)
Shup up noob. Spain is biggest lame, is basically is otto2.0. Alls of esoc know
Image Image
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Shouldn't people cheer when a strat surprises them?
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Shup up noob. Spain is biggest lame, is basically is otto2.0. Alls of esoc know
Gud english bruhhh! :hehe:
Spain pain train is real
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Ye piroshiki got colonel in past
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

princeofcarthage wrote:Ye piroshiki got colonel in past
Mean a lot about the level of this period XD.

But piroshiki is clearly better, he reach this level, not with 100% spain but with 100% one bo!
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Nah, piroshiki had variations 2-3
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

princeofcarthage wrote:Nah, piroshiki had variations 2-3
well yeah, depending on the wood start. and a special build for GP as you get that OP first pass
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

2. Atp. i dont like/do it more due it slows ur age up down, could be cuz ppl like rushing me :P. u can easiliy build second tp with 700w while aging to fortress, just let 4vills gather wood while aging for houses.
3. this is the strongest BO for spain right now, u need good micro to hold first pushes when playing vs rush/ff civs with mm/dogs/falcs/musks or lancers. After holding ur eco will be very good with spanisg gold, sometimes u can even send 1k w to make more raxes/stables Rod/skirm micro is very important here to win tho.
4. As Rohvolter, i would say u can get away with a FI with some walls 2falcs skirms/rods or a fort, but it requires again much micro. if the map has 3tps and u can get all with atp, i would go FI/Revolt, with 2 tps its also ok. I dont like it much with 2tp ngl. Card order 3vills/ATP/700c/700w/5vill/spanish gold/Fort,2falcs,9rods(depends on which units ur opponent has/1kw(after 1k wood u should be almost aging) age4 if Revolting 7hussars if FI´ing 2hcs/ 8lancers depends again what units ur opponent has. Make skirm or rods while aging always to protect falcs/vills and a wall is needed.
ok, thanks, Im trying these out.

for strat 1, the rush: what is the timing for getting out 20 musks? do you build a second barracks with your 700w, or a stable? How do you deal with players going heavy light inf? When do you age? I tried this vs. India and basically just got penned up in my base by gurkhas, but then I aged to fortress and got cannons and pushed out. Eventually still lost tho to OP age 4 India.

for ATP: is your goal to hold in colonial or to go up to fortress? when do you upgrade the stagecoach line?

for eco ff: i tried this in another game vs India and just got totally rekt by age 3 india. micro is hard... I won against India with an aggro FF musk semi-ff tho.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

20musk and 8pike/7rods at min 6:45-7:00, second rax with 700w, dont do this vs these civs china,iro,dutch,otto,azzy,india,japan,port and fre (never vs brit)
i like to go ff when atp but u can make some musk if ur opponent wanna siege ur tps down.Sc with 700w
U need good rod/skirm micro and tbh urumis are hard to kill since they kill ur rods in seconds, vs india its better to be aggro since their eco scale better than spains but eco ff is also game winning
Spain pain train is real