Hotkey question/problem

India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Hotkey question/problem

Post by Shikari »

I recently factory reseted my pc so obviously I had to rebind my hotkeys and stuff. The problem I am facing is I can't make it so that pressing find unit hotkey don't take me to the building or explorer etc. I deselect the option of don't take me to the building. But then it don't take me to the building even when I double click.

How can I get it to my previous setting where it was only take me to the buildings when I double click the hotkey.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: Hotkey question/problem

Post by harcha »

I wish we could trade. I don't want it to snap to unit when i double click on the group or "find unit" but it just snaps on the second time. The setting is deselected for me too btw. I want to snap to unit only when i press the "snap to unit" hotkey which is space (afaik).
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

The snap to threshold may have something to do with this. Adjust that and report back.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

IAmSoldieR wrote:The snap to threshold may have something to do with this. Adjust that and report back.
i tried that but this setting does literally nothing to me
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

The threshold bar is useless ye, I don't see any noticeable difference.
Image Image Image
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

Hmm. Ya I have no idea then. I have never had my camera center on double tab of find hotkey when "snap to" was off.
Double tapping a find hotkey with snap to off should just cycle through your building or unit.

Like if you have 2 stables and you hit find stable twice, it shouldn't snap to one of the stables, it should cycle through your stables.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

double tap only works with ctrl groups, for everything else you need the specific hotkey
Image Image Image
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

double tap to find unit works for "find explorer" and "find TC" in my case. don't know what you're talking about there @Garja

honestly taking all this and older threads into consideration this game is utterly inconsistent, broken and fucked
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

Yeah, I also feel like it got bugged in this reinstallation, I have reinstalled this game multiple times before and this is happening first time.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

harcha wrote:double tap to find unit works for "find explorer" and "find TC" in my case. don't know what you're talking about there @Garja

honestly taking all this and older threads into consideration this game is utterly inconsistent, broken and fucked
I mean snapping the camera on them. It does not snap for me, only with ctrl groups. Also adding units to a ctrl group (shift+number) does snap if it quickly follows a ctrl group selection, essentially acting as a double tap.
Image Image Image
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

The only hotkey that snaps for me is idle vil. And I cant even explain why it does that, unless it is special hardcoded for idle vils.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Garja wrote:
harcha wrote:double tap to find unit works for "find explorer" and "find TC" in my case. don't know what you're talking about there @Garja

I mean snapping the camera on them. It does not snap for me, only with ctrl groups. Also adding units to a ctrl group (shift+number) does snap if it quickly follows a ctrl group selection, essentially acting as a double tap.
yeah i understood. not same for me. it appears the whole aoe3 is spaghetti code
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

You guys the threshold to snap to unit and find option was a huge difference maker for me when I figured out how it works.
Here's what I think:

1) You have threshold at shortest possible and the "find hotkeys centers on units" set OFF. when you have 2+ barracks and hit find barracks key real quick for example, it's snapping to different barracks super quick but it isn't panning to each barracks
2) You have threshold at shortest possible and the "find hotkeys centers on units" set ON. when you have 2+ barracks and hit find barracks key real quick for example, it's snapping to different barracks super quick and it is panning to each barracks
3) You have threshold at NOT the shortest possible and the "find hotkeys centers on units" set ON. when you have 2+ barracks and hit find barracks key real quick for example, it's going to snap to the first barracks and stay there.
4) You have threshold at NOT the shortest possible and the "find hotkeys centers on units" set OFF. when you have 2+ barracks and hit find barracks key real quick for example, it will snap to the first barracks and stay there. The difference between this option and the above is the difference between one click and double click. If u one click it's not going to pan to the barracks, but if you double click it's going to pan.

Option 1 is best for me cuz I rarely ever want to pan to the building. The only one I do want to pan to all the time is the TC. So I have T set as control group 9 so when I double click the ctrl group it pans to the TC anyway

@Shikari
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

rsy wrote:You guys the threshold to snap to unit and find option was a huge difference maker for me when I figured out how it works.
Here's what I think:

1) You have threshold at shortest possible and the "find hotkeys centers on units" set OFF. when you have 2+ barracks and hit find barracks key real quick for example, it's snapping to different barracks super quick but it isn't panning to each barracks
2) You have threshold at shortest possible and the "find hotkeys centers on units" set ON. when you have 2+ barracks and hit find barracks key real quick for example, it's snapping to different barracks super quick and it is panning to each barracks
3) You have threshold at NOT the shortest possible and the "find hotkeys centers on units" set ON. when you have 2+ barracks and hit find barracks key real quick for example, it's going to snap to the first barracks and stay there.
4) You have threshold at NOT the shortest possible and the "find hotkeys centers on units" set OFF. when you have 2+ barracks and hit find barracks key real quick for example, it will snap to the first barracks and stay there. The difference between this option and the above is the difference between one click and double click. If u one click it's not going to pan to the barracks, but if you double click it's going to pan.

Option 1 is best for me cuz I rarely ever want to pan to the building. The only one I do want to pan to all the time is the TC. So I have T set as control group 9 so when I double click the ctrl group it pans to the TC anyway

@Shikari
unfortunately with option 1 i still get screen panning on 2nd press...

for the TC you could just use "find TC" hotkey and space to pan. this way you won't have to group it every game. and space is a useful key to learn to utilize
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I have my "snap to threshold" above the minimum, so that I can just double tap T to snap to my towncenter when I want to.
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

thanks @rsy just changing threshold to not at the shortest time made it fix for me. @harcha so you should get it the way i had it before by making threshold at shortest i think. but as you said it doesnt work for you.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Yeah, double tap works with any hotkey, you just need to set your "threshold to snap" to more than 0.
I think it's best to set it somewhere under half of the slider (like 1/3), which is how I have it. Then you can just double-tap to move camera any time you want, and you can unmap the "snap to unit" hotkey (spacebar) completely, to free up spacebar for something more useful. For cycling through stuff, you can then just repeatedly press same hotkey (non-double-tap), although that can be a bit less reliable than tab approach.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

How is repeatedly pressing hotkey and double tapping hotkey different at high apm?
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

IAmSoldieR wrote:How is repeatedly pressing hotkey and double tapping hotkey different at high apm?
Don't know at high apm and stuff but you cycle through building if you just give a milli second pause between pressing the button again. For example this is quiet useful when you have stage coach, you just press find tp button and click, just don't click super fast I guess.
No Flag Kanoo
Skirmisher

Post by Kanoo »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Yeah, double tap works with any hotkey, you just need to set your "threshold to snap" to more than 0.
I think it's best to set it somewhere under half of the slider (like 1/3), which is how I have it. Then you can just double-tap to move camera any time you want, and you can unmap the "snap to unit" hotkey (spacebar) completely, to free up spacebar for something more useful. For cycling through stuff, you can then just repeatedly press same hotkey (non-double-tap), although that can be a bit less reliable than tab approach.
Hey, while what you said works on legacy for me, on DE however, it only cycles through my TCs and does not pan to it even when I double tap. How can i fix this?
Attachments
Image above shows my settings.
Image above shows my settings.
thebritish wrote: ↑
19 Jan 2016, 09:58
So, you are saying that if i watch H20's rec, i can beat anyone below H20's level because i know his BO?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

IDK but you can use the "find selected unit" hotkey after "find TC" hotkey to center your screen. Personally I want the "find TC" to cycle through TCs.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

It does cycle for me. I just turn the Hotkey snaps to unit on and sets the threshold to 0.
No Flag Kanoo
Skirmisher

Post by Kanoo »

Yeah, but I only want to see my TC when I double click it. @helln00
And I don't want to be using more than 1 hotkey for it. @harcha
thebritish wrote: ↑
19 Jan 2016, 09:58
So, you are saying that if i watch H20's rec, i can beat anyone below H20's level because i know his BO?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

"find selection" is really useful in other situations too, tho
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Kanoo wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:Yeah, double tap works with any hotkey, you just need to set your "threshold to snap" to more than 0.
Hey, while what you said works on legacy for me, on DE however, it only cycles through my TCs and does not pan to it even when I double tap. How can i fix this?
set it to zero