Counter Sioux in II age

Spain Trevize70
Crossbow
ESO: Trevize70

Counter Sioux in II age

Post by Trevize70 »

Hi,

I am a bit noob (now I am between level 16-18) and normally I played with European civs (Brits, France and Spain), because I am trying to control all the aspects of the civ before learn a new one.

The thing is that against Sioux when I beat with a rival of my same level I always lose. When I choose Spain, normally before I do the FF their cav in 2nd age overwhelmed me. If I reach age 3 the cav move fast than rods so I cannot defeat them with hit and run (he normally has rifle cavs)

If I choose brits I try to do some musks, but when I started to do a bunch of them , Sioux normally has a great amoung of cavs, and I do not know how to counter that.

Could you give me some advices?

Thank you ;)!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Counter Sioux in II age

Post by deleted_user »

Watch streams to improve.

Brit should beat Sioux handily on RE. You're probably fucking up big time. Post a recorded game for critique.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

You should always be able to FF before their cav overwhelms you. A good Spain FF is up at roughly 7:00. At your level this might be 7:30, but this is still early enough. Check your build orders and macro. Make sure you're not gathering too much wood/coin and check out recorded games from past tournaments to revise the builds.

The rifle riders are hard to deal with as Sioux but at your level you should still be able to have a good shot at winning if you execute your FF properly.

With Brits, the key is securing resources and not overextending out of your base. Again, check out recorded games or streams to learn the builds and playstyle.
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

Also have a look at the strategy wall here in the forums to check if ur way of playing each civ makes sense. Helped me out alot in the beginning
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:A good Spain FF is up at roughly 7:00.
7.15 its very fast, 7 only on floride.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

chronique wrote:
What ? you can do 6:45 easily

France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Yea you can with enough sheep ^^.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin

Post by Guigs »

chronique wrote:Yea you can with enough sheep ^^.

France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Ahah what a build, but spain is not the same than "aiz" spain (no pik by the way)
France Guigs
Tournament Admin

Post by Guigs »

chronique wrote:Ahah what a build, but spain is not the same than "aiz" spain (no pik by the way)
Just talking about his ff time

United States of America fedjahnson
Skirmisher
ESO: gewitter_

Post by fedjahnson »

You could just use the france build for xbow rush but make pikes instead of xbows
The earth is hollow-Sircallen
France chronique
Advanced Player

Re:

Post by chronique »

Lecastete wrote: Just talking about his ff time
You can be faster with piro ff but its not realy good. The standar is 7.15-7.20
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Re:

Post by Hawk_Girl »

Lecastete wrote:
chronique wrote:Ahah what a build, but spain is not the same than "aiz" spain (no pik by the way)
not fair to take a 14v age up to colo and no tp as example of std ff time
Suriname kaister
Lancer
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: I Date My Cousin

Post by kaister »

Not sure a game from like 3 years and 18 EPS ago is still relevant but that Sioux player seemed like total trash
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Well you can't 14v with spain unless you get really good treasures and Aiz got 130 food and didn't build a TP - so I guess what hawkgirl said.

Aiz's army/push got completely shut down by rifle riders but I guess kaister lost that game 15 minutes later because kaister sucks.
Suriname kaister
Lancer
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: I Date My Cousin

Post by kaister »

This was like my second week playing Sioux let’s not rush to decisions unless that decision is to leave Sioux the way it was on ep8
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

it's hard for spain to deal with sioux, but brit just destroy them.
start with 5 pikes to defend 4 axe raid, then go musk+longbow and win.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin

Post by Guigs »

Hawk_Girl wrote:
Lecastete wrote:
To me it's fair to assume spain can do it np since they dominate age 1 so getting food treasures is not surprising.
He did market start btw, result would have been the same with tp

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

chronique wrote:
I believe you can do 7:05 consistently if you micro your vills very very very well. You just train 2 vills in age 2, not 3. Umeu used to say it all the time, and I believe I have done it multiple times.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re:

Post by deleted_user »

Lecastete wrote:
Hawk_Girl wrote:
Show hidden quotes
To me it's fair to assume spain can do it np since they dominate age 1 so getting food treasures is not surprising.
He did market start btw, result would have been the same with tp
Nah, he market started only for the xp for an earlier 3 vill. He didn't gather any additional res for market upgrades (except for 50c, he stole a 60w treasure and got HD in transition to II), and so he didn't expend the VS to gather 100w on a TP start. There's a reason standard spain FF is 15 vill age up, which would be ~7:10, 7:15 realistically.

Obviously the intent to build the market and house age 1 instead of the TP, and not build a TP in transition, was because aiz favored a faster III age up time, and was going to rely on treasures to make the market useful. So it's more of a fluke/gamble than a consistent age III time. Besides, I'm not sure Spain dominates age 1 against Sioux.

The bigger point should be that this super fast spain FF isn't even good vs Sioux, as seen in the video, because RRs just shit on the low mass of HI and early 2 falcs, which spain hinges on to win with this all in plop strat. Not getting a TP at all is pretty bad, except maybe on current patch where it's still bad but less bad. Without the TP, in the video, spain has to choose between 5v or 700w, when a standard FF would be up 25-30 seconds later with both shipments already sent and another one ready in III.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

Pretty sure sioux wins age 1 vs spain, shouldn't even be that close.
Image Image
Spain Trevize70
Crossbow

Post by Trevize70 »

Thank you for your advices!. Normally i am seeing some videos un YouTube and Twitch.

I have checked the video and he has a really great agging to age II with 14 vills. Trying to compare with my mistakes I think that I have problems in macro p.eg forget doing villages meanwhile I am attacking..
This is something that also passing to me with France when i am trying to do semiff and o am ready to attack
The first attack are ok. But after that I can not mass all that I would like It.

I have some doubts seeing the FF (I tries Piro also but i do not like like It). When you started with 200 Wood doing the TP un age 1? Or doing market plus House?. With France i always take TP. But with Spain normally i do the TP in tránsition age II. Other doubts that I have is when you tries to do the improves of the market. I suppose that depends of the treasures and the maps

Thank you por all.(sorry for the mistakes i am in the phone). Sircallen if i can i willl update some matches (I do not have the micro that the guys of the video and I am get used to the hotkeys but i glad all the comments).
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

ovi12 wrote:
chronique wrote:
I believe you can do 7:05 consistently if you micro your vills very very very well. You just train 2 vills in age 2, not 3. Umeu used to say it all the time, and I believe I have done it multiple times.
You are right 7.15-7.20 if you train 3 vili, 7.05-7.10 with 2 (but you have some idle time and not always your shipement age 3). I just always go for 3 vili so in my mind standar ff is arround 7.20 ^^.
Spain Trevize70
Crossbow

Post by Trevize70 »

Hi,

Well this is a FF that I tried with Spain (against France). Well, I go to the 8:00 minute which is insane...Normally I took 7:35-40. I have reviewed and I took a lot of wood to do the TP and lost a bit of time with idle vills.

I upload if someone can tell me more mistakes or things that I could do I will try to revert :D (appart of the micro of course..xD)

Thanks
Attachments
[RE SP] Trevize70[SP] vs Really[FR] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(481.44 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 16 minutes