russia is so one dimensional is it not

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: russia is so one dimensional is it not

Post by deleted_user »

richard wrote:
Garja wrote:
gibson wrote:The problem is if you age up at a decent time you cant really afford unit ups and to make units
Depends, it's close. You have to play defensively in early age III vs the other semi FF civs but since Russia has 2 falcs there is that 1-2 minute window where things are just slow and you have time to catch up. With naked FF you shouldn't have too many problems about timings, it's more about not losing on your way to age3.
The good thing about Russia is that you have a blockhouse and strelets are incredibly cheap so (on EP atleast) you can trade decent vs cav too. This means you can pretty much strelet semi FF regardless of what semi the opponent is doing (might mix one batch of ruskets if you expect tons of cav).
What semi-ff build do you recommend for this? 17 Vill to age II and 23 Vill age up to age III? Card order? How many strelets do you build in age II or in transition to age III? Thanks for any advices.
just play the game
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

What if the church card made the age-up to fortress cheaper?
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

deleted_user wrote:
richard wrote:
Show hidden quotes
What semi-ff build do you recommend for this? 17 Vill to age II and 23 Vill age up to age III? Card order? How many strelets do you build in age II or in transition to age III? Thanks for any advices.
just play the game
Just ^dont^ play the game
Spain pain train is real
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

?
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

deleted_user wrote:
richard wrote:
Show hidden quotes
just play the game
Without build order?
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

deleted_user wrote:?
?
Spain pain train is real
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

richard wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes
just play the game
Without build order?
organically, yes
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

does everyone who only plays russia have no brain cells
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

deleted_user wrote:
richard wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Without build order?
organically, yes
You cant be serious with this post. Someone comes here saying that 5coss/700W/x/Boyars is optimal and that he almost only plays this build in competetive matches. He wants to know about peoples thoughts about this. Now you come and say you shall play without a build order?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

yes
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

It s a ridiculous answer in my opinion.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

imagine having to decide for yourself how many strelets to make in a game, just too much thinking imo
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

Why so bitchy
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

oh look a 100% russia player
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

Sexual frustration
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

blackout wrote:Why so bitchy
:kinggreen:
Spain pain train is real
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I remember testing lot of different builds. None of them was super convincing but at the same time they were all decent+. Basically they don't work by themselves but they're good enough to work doing specific play based on the MU.
Mostly it was 700w 700g for either musk, strelet or coss semi. I also tried doing 10 coss semi with 5 coss 700g (I probably also tried 5coss 700w 700g). Naked FF is usually with the strelet age up. I remember trying both naked FF into halb strel falc (early fortress ofc then switch to CA) and also strel semi into the same combo.
Aside from that I tried 2TP 17v age up into musk/coss semi. I probably still have couple recs of it vs iamturk. It didn't quite cut it but it was very close and there is probably room to make it work by playing better than I did. French/Germans are probably the hardest MU to win with this style, Dutch already should be more winnable.
With 2TPs I also tested sending eco theory 2nd card to have max eco start but came to the conclusion that it's probably better to spare the card.
Image Image Image
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

Street+halb+falcs combo doesn't sound that bad tho. I'm going to try it.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

What about adding a big trickle card for Russia in age 2 to offset the lack of 5v? Food trickle might make the most sense, but that might be too OP since Russian hunts will last significantly longer.
Also, what about making the Westernization tech available in the church without having to send a card? (maybe need to make it more expensive)
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Squamiger wrote:... But 90% of the time, the most optimal thing to do seems to be 14 vill age up, 5 cossacks, 700w, and then adapt and try to mass and hold till you get Boyars, and then push in mid-late colonial and try to win...
I think this actually makes them an interesting civ, because after the static start that pretty much all civs have, you play it a bit differently every game depending on where the resources are, what civ and build your opponent chose and so on. Sometimes you try to end it early, sometimes you go for the boyar push, sometimes you just sit on the resources and wait, sometimes you age and try to survive early age 3. Instead as dutch, germany or france you just make a few cav, age and click unit shipments until you either win or lose a single big fight. Similar thing for china, otto, iro playing the massing game for one deciding fight. I started playing russia and really enjoy the aggressive scrappy games.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Garja wrote:I remember testing lot of different builds. None of them was super convincing but at the same time they were all decent+. Basically they don't work by themselves but they're good enough to work doing specific play based on the MU.
Mostly it was 700w 700g for either musk, strelet or coss semi. I also tried doing 10 coss semi with 5 coss 700g (I probably also tried 5coss 700w 700g). Naked FF is usually with the strelet age up. I remember trying both naked FF into halb strel falc (early fortress ofc then switch to CA) and also strel semi into the same combo.
Aside from that I tried 2TP 17v age up into musk/coss semi. I probably still have couple recs of it vs iamturk. It didn't quite cut it but it was very close and there is probably room to make it work by playing better than I did. French/Germans are probably the hardest MU to win with this style, Dutch already should be more winnable.
With 2TPs I also tested sending eco theory 2nd card to have max eco start but came to the conclusion that it's probably better to spare the card.
If u could upload those recs u were talking about that'd be great
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

here's some aizamk Russia FFs and non-standard play:

like I said, it's very possible to do other things with Russia. It's just never optimal, whereas for other civs, there are always at least two differently fully optimal strats I can think of, depending on the map and match up
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

ovi12 wrote:What about adding a big trickle card for Russia in age 2 to offset the lack of 5v? Food trickle might make the most sense, but that might be too OP since Russian hunts will last significantly longer.
Also, what about making the Westernization tech available in the church without having to send a card? (maybe need to make it more expensive)
No offense, but horrible idea. Russia has amazing eco scaling and a great age2, one of the very best. They certainly don't need an eco boost.
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

Some time ago I saw a recorded game of iamturk, Russia vs Brit in which he put distributivism, pass with 400w and 14 vills (so far everything normal) then he put 700c and concentrated all the vills on food and took the money that was missing to make 1 lot of musk at the same time put 3 vills in queue, i saw and manage to put market + 2 houses and hunting rooms, after 700c put 5 thing and then 700w to make double blockhouse, traps and some houses, optional in my opinion it is also good 1 to in some cases or stable if you have to push cav. I conclude that with the 700c he manages to spam 2 or 3 batches of musk in a row and vills always in line. It seems to me economically stable but you play the 5 coss to have more musk immediately
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

I tested a build, a kind of economic semi ff, start with distributivism, age with 14 vills and 400w then 5 coss, 700w and spice trade to have more food, here you have 2 options: 1) Make horses and spam a lot. 2) Wait for 700c and pass in 3 ages, economically stable, usually I can do 26 vills or 23 to go first around 8 minutes (26 vills around 10 minutes). It doesn't look bad but with a more experienced hand and mind it could be modified to the point of becoming a great build. If I remember correctly I was also trying to take 1 tp to speed up shipments
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets