Is it viable to win a OTTO rush as British? Explain..

No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

somppukunkku wrote:
marco1698 wrote:Nice administrator. Flaming all the time
I promise to donate 5 dollars for the winter tournament if you ban this guy.
:D
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

papist wrote:
marco1698 wrote:Its viable.
Spamming 1 unit versus its counter is never viable (assuming that unit isnt imp cuir).

ever played against sioux?
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

How to do the jan rush in the best way possible, when does it hit and how many units + reinforcements? So I know what I'm up against.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

jerom wrote:Hell, im pretty sure thats more status than winning the summer championship.
Hope not.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

edeholland wrote:
jerom wrote:Hell, im pretty sure thats more status than winning the summer championship.
Hope not.

Im just trying to get the respect for post count up. At this rate Ill be at 10k in 1.5 years :p
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

Brit cant beat otto
Wall up lb will end in an otto semi ff massacre
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

mnogobillione wrote:Brit cant beat otto

look, 40% of otto players dont know that theres a thing called hussars. You cant expect them to understand the idea "semi ff".
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

jerom wrote:
look, 40% of otto players dont know that theres a thing called hussars. You cant expect them to understand the idea "semi ff".
I am positive 90% otto players dont know hussars are not like spahi and mams and can be made from the stable not just shipped.
No Flag spadel
Skirmisher

Post by spadel »

british basically get annihalted by otto ff. they are able to hold against a rush with some very good building placement, smart walls, lb pike and very good hunts. but even then its like 50 50 tho.

oh and btw 6 lbs is a bad shipment. it makes only sense if you have already sent 700w 600w 5 vils 700f and maybe 700g. however, I don't see any space for 6 lb in a brit deck at all. 6 muskets are more important in some situations.

but in general, you can have a decent mass against all kind of rushes by playing 700w 600w (for 2nd rax) + mm if needed. there's no desperate need for unit shipments.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
edeholland wrote:Hope not.
Im just trying to get the respect for post count up. At this rate Ill be at 10k in 1.5 years :p

Jesus. I made an account probably a month before you did and you already have double me posts. I guess its like the agecom days lol
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

spadel wrote:british basically get annihalted by otto ff. they are able to hold against a rush with some very good building placement, smart walls, lb pike and very good hunts. but even then its like 50 50 tho.

oh and btw 6 lbs is a bad shipment. it makes only sense if you have already sent 700w 600w 5 vils 700f and maybe 700g. however, I don''t see any space for 6 lb in a brit deck at all. 6 muskets are more important in some situations.

but in general, you can have a decent mass against all kind of rushes by playing 700w 600w (for 2nd rax) + mm if needed. there''s no desperate need for unit shipments.
You have 4v instead of 6 lb?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag spadel
Skirmisher

Post by spadel »

yeah I like to play it more economically. 2 unit shipments for british is definitely too much and in most situations 6 muskets just make more sense. for example they are useful if you play lb pike, cant afford hussars right now and need something to raid. the other reason to send unit shipments might be, that enemy units are actually in your town. but since you need some range and mass for lbs to be really effective, in these situations some muskets usually do better, too. in all other situations sending ressources is to be preferred in my opinion.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

British just gets annihilated though, otto can do pretty much whatever they like, and while jan rush isnt the best it can do as much damage as a sepoy rush vs brits, if not more because it hits faster and with 3 cav. If its a map like great lakes, you will just get fucked over
No Flag SaDe
Crossbow

Post by SaDe »

if its a water map british could play it boening style and boat boom hard with a tower on coastline to ship wood to if tc falls.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I played few games vs kynesie's brit on water maps and the std ff doesn't work 100%, but on a land map yeah, that's just hopeless.
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

spadel wrote:british basically get annihalted by otto ff. they are able to hold against a rush with some very good building placement, smart walls, lb pike and very good hunts. but even then its like 50 50 tho.

oh and btw 6 lbs is a bad shipment. it makes only sense if you have already sent 700w 600w 5 vils 700f?and maybe 700g. however, I don''t see any space for 6 lb in a brit deck at all. 6 muskets are?more important in some situations.

but in general, you can have a decent mass against all kind of rushes by playing 700w 600w (for 2nd rax) + mm if needed. there''s no desperate need for unit shipments.

even if otto rushs and it turns out brit can hold either otto will ff or change to abus and gets map control cauz u cant push out abus are too fast for lb .. Brit lose either way i dont give them 50 50 even if otto stupid enough to jani rush
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

umeu wrote:British just gets annihilated though, otto can do pretty much whatever they like, and while jan rush isnt the best it can do as much damage as a sepoy rush vs brits, if not more because it hits faster and with 3 cav. If its a map like great lakes, you will just get fucked over

yep.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

jerom wrote:

rsy wrote:
jerom wrote:look, 40% of otto players dont know that theres a thing called hussars. You cant expect them to understand the idea "semi ff".
I am positive 90% otto players dont know hussars are not like spahi and mams and can be made from the stable not just shipped.

I think Huss would be a great macro for Otto not using food for Vila. They might even be the best hussar civ ever? Even Brits with OP hunts run into problems. Going hussar early
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Otto can diuble stable hussar and then get 5 out after, to have like 18 huss in 6 min with 700c 3 huss. But after that theyre kinda fkd lol cuz no tps, no infrastructure. Also dont really know what it would work against, maybe a german cav semi. Though vs this huss jan is better
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:Otto can diuble stable hussar and then get 5 out after, to have like 18 huss in 6 min with 700c 3 huss. But after that theyre kinda fkd lol cuz no tps, no infrastructure. Also dont really know what it would work against, maybe a german cav semi. Though vs this huss jan is better
Haha if dutch doesnt ship 8 pike and make 10 maybe they die to this.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego