Post by Hazza54321 »

What would 5 coss do vs a walled japan?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

japan vs russia help

Post by Garja »

Well, firstly I'd say the actually force the wall. Japan might cut corners and only wall in front. With 5 cossack you make sure the spend another 30w+ vills time to wall completely. Andif the wall has an opening you might get in and forc idle vill time.
Secondly they chase monks while they build shrines which is quite big. Also they can siege down shrines just like other units, and they move fast so they can't be killed if not by cav.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

japan vs russia help

Post by momuuu »

I wonder if it's even worth it to cut corners regarding walling. Walls are ridiculously cheap. Just read your post, you're talking about 30w+ (which is about equal to a large beaver treasure). It's crazy really.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

japan vs russia help

Post by Marco1698 »

Watch soapMctavish vs Kynesie, Game 1. Kynesie defended pretty well vs a nice rush from soap
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

japan vs russia help

Post by Garja »

jerom wrote:I wonder if it''s even worth it to cut corners regarding walling. Walls are ridiculously cheap. Just read your post, you''re talking about 30w+ (which is about equal to a large beaver treasure). It''s crazy really.
Of course it is. Walling completely sux anyway. First of all it is more than 30w (more like 60w+vill working time). Secondly whenever you want to move the army somewhere you have to build a gate which is another 50w. When a player walls himself in is already somehwat of a win.
Image Image Image
Greece fingolfin
Musketeer
ESO: my_pace

japan vs russia help

Post by fingolfin »

i tried today kami cm 600w vs russia and it worked
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

japan vs russia help

Post by edeholland »

fingolfin wrote:i tried today kami cm 600w vs russia and it worked
Result in a day :thumbsup:
Germany hf
Crossbow

japan vs russia help

Post by hf »

aoe3.jpcommunity.com/aoe3/reply/index.php?mode=dl&id=AJCR13613_great%20plains

Can't check cause I don't have the game installed, but if I remember correctly, this shows Nagayumi destroying russian rush with cav start
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

japan vs russia help

Post by Hagi »

hf wrote:aoe3.jpcommunity.com/aoe3/reply/index.php?mode=dl&'id=AJCR13613_great%20plains

Can''t check cause I don''t have the game installed, but if I remember correctly, this shows Nagayumi destroying russian rush with cav start
Thanks for the rec. Great game from Nagayumi.
Starting with 300w crates help a lot (+ 50 wood treasure fast, he never had to put a vil on wood for the first shrine). As a result, he managed to age up at 4:45 which is a perfect timing vs a rush.
With 200w crates, it''s more difficult to hold the rush.

japan vs russia help

Post by Marco1698 »

hf wrote:aoe3.jpcommunity.com/aoe3/reply/index.php?mode=dl&id=AJCR13613_great%20plains

Can''t check cause I don''t have the game installed, but if I remember correctly, this shows Nagayumi destroying russian rush with cav start

thanks for posting this. I watched it and nagayumi did a nice Bo here. When this game was played? Not sure if nagi starts is better than wall + yumi or wall + nagi. Apparently yes. Everyone makes wall and nagi or wall and yumi but here nagayumi showed us his Bo is clearly better. 600g 600w without wall.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

japan vs russia help

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Nope. Nagayumi's bo doesn't work vs a good rush. I also had a hope but sadly you can't build your stable if he goes all in. And you can't hold an early timing.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

japan vs russia help

Post by SoldieR »

Target coss with tc, use buildings as a long wall up front. A few wall segments help a lot. Start stable, wait til he comes far into your base, then pop minutes and micro very well. Can go kami/600c/5yumi/600w. That build if you feel lots of pressure. 10 ranged units deal with musks well then u just rape with nagi

japan vs russia help

Post by Marco1698 »

diarouga wrote:Nope. Nagayumi''s bo doesn''t work vs a good rush. I also had a hope but sadly you can''t build your stable if he goes all in. And you can''t hold an early timing.

lol. I was thinking you come here and just say nagayumi Bo doesn''t work. That''s because you think to play better than nagayumi to correct it. Come on man.. Watch this rec and you will how much easy for nagayumi is reject that rush.. Imo for nagayumi is very easy to do that and its seem easier to do also than wall + yumi where you have meet an hard time to reject the rush because of 5 fast cossack. I tried both (yumi + wall) and nagi only and I guarantee you nagi helps more to kick the rush. Nagayumi was considered the best Japan player when _h2o did not play, so I am sure he found a way to counter Russian rush
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

japan vs russia help

Post by Hagi »

marco1698 wrote:
diarouga wrote:Nope. Nagayumis bo doesnt work vs a good rush. I also had a hope but sadly you cant build your stable if he goes all in. And you cant hold an early timing.
lol. I was thinking you come here and just say nagayumi Bo doesnt work. Thats because you think to play better than nagayumi to correct it. Come on man.. Watch this rec and you will how much easy for nagayumi is reject that rush.. Imo for nagayumi is very easy to do that and its seem easier to do also than wall + yumi where you have meet an hard time to reject the rush because of 5 fast cossack. I tried both (yumi + wall) and nagi only and I guarantee you nagi helps more to kick the rush. Nagayumi was considered the best Japan player when _h2o did not play, so I am sure he found a way to counter Russian rush
This BO looks very good, but what happens if you get 200w crates as a start with small wood/food treasures? You age up at about 5:15. Do you still have time to build a stable and make a batch of Nagi? I find it very tough...
Any thoughts?

japan vs russia help

Post by Marco1698 »

adv wrote:
marco1698 wrote:lol. I was thinking you come here and just say nagayumi Bo doesnt work. Thats because you think to play better than nagayumi to correct it. Come on man.. Watch this rec and you will how much easy for nagayumi is reject that rush.. Imo for nagayumi is very easy to do that and its seem easier to do also than wall + yumi where you have meet an hard time to reject the rush because of 5 fast cossack. I tried both (yumi + wall) and nagi only and I guarantee you nagi helps more to kick the rush. Nagayumi was considered the best Japan player when _h2o did not play, so I am sure he found a way to counter Russian rush
This BO looks very good, but what happens if you get 200w crates as a start with small wood/food treasures? You age up at about 5:15. Do you still have time to build a stable and make a batch of Nagi? I find it very tough...
Any thoughts?
You can wall
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

japan vs russia help

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

marco1698 wrote:
diarouga wrote:Nope. Nagayumis bo doesnt work vs a good rush. I also had a hope but sadly you cant build your stable if he goes all in. And you cant hold an early timing.
lol. I was thinking you come here and just say nagayumi Bo doesnt work. Thats because you think to play better than nagayumi to correct it. Come on man.. Watch this rec and you will how much easy for nagayumi is reject that rush.. Imo for nagayumi is very easy to do that and its seem easier to do also than wall + yumi where you have meet an hard time to reject the rush because of 5 fast cossack. I tried both (yumi + wall) and nagi only and I guarantee you nagi helps more to kick the rush. Nagayumi was considered the best Japan player when _h2o did not play, so I am sure he found a way to counter Russian rush

I watched this rec many times, I tested it many times and sadly it doesnt work, really.
His opponent is captain so ofc he won easily.
And btw, he has many bos vs russia, in his guide, there s a rec where he starts yumi and beats darwin.
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

japan vs russia help

Post by Hagi »

diarouga wrote:
marco1698 wrote:lol. I was thinking you come here and just say nagayumi Bo doesnt work. Thats because you think to play better than nagayumi to correct it. Come on man.. Watch this rec and you will how much easy for nagayumi is reject that rush.. Imo for nagayumi is very easy to do that and its seem easier to do also than wall + yumi where you have meet an hard time to reject the rush because of 5 fast cossack. I tried both (yumi + wall) and nagi only and I guarantee you nagi helps more to kick the rush. Nagayumi was considered the best Japan player when _h2o did not play, so I am sure he found a way to counter Russian rush
I watched this rec many times, I tested it many times and sadly it doesnt work, really.
And btw, he has many bos vs russia, in his guide, there s a rec where he starts yumi and beats darwin.
Thanks for the info. His guide is hard to understand with google translate. Do you have it translated in english, or maybe you know a website that can translate japanese more accurately?
Thanks
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

japan vs russia help

Post by Hagi »

This is how it goes when you start with 200w crates.
Attachments
[RE SP] Takuman[RU] vs nagayumi[JP] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(479.85 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 14 minutes
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

japan vs russia help

Post by _venox_ »

Maybe cm after kami would have helped a bit and shrine every hunt so Russia can't take it.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

japan vs russia help

Post by Hagi »

The more I watch recs of this MU, the more I realize it's a difficult timing/balance to find for Japan. The TC card is a must to me (it kills stre/musc in one shot and you have 2 times mm pikes in case of Coss). Just ship Yumi and build (hide) a stable for the win.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

japan vs russia help

Post by KINGofOsmane »

diarouga wrote:
bro stop talking with an braindead noob
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

japan vs russia help

Post by mongobillione »

diarouga wrote:
marco1698 wrote:there s a rec where he starts yumi and beats darwin.

Lies darwin doesnt get beaten he serves freewins when hes in a good mood
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

japan vs russia help

Post by mongobillione »

err how did i do that...
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

japan vs russia help

Post by _venox_ »

MagicGG
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag _tank
Musketeer
ESO: _tank

japan vs russia help

Post by _tank »

build shrine on his hunt, wait for him to run out of hunt and lagh at his misfortune for playing against op civ japan
-professional teamgame player