89%
xbow pike
11%

Total votes: 57

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by deleted_user »

since i hear discussins about musk huss vs xbow pike lately.. i dedice to make this post do you think which is better? and why?
No Flag titumir
Musketeer

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by titumir »

Laserbear Learicons mass beeter imo
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by tedere12 »

early on xbow pike is better musk hus is a solid composition
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Musk/huss is better but you can easily mass bow/pike while musk/huss is slow..
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by purplesquid »

tedere12 wrote:early on xbow pike is better musk hus is a solid composition
xbow/pike is only good early on because they are quicker to train so you can mass faster. In terms of the composition itself in terms of resources spent, musk/huss is always better because muskets are such a versatile unit
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by Kaiserklein »

deleted_user wrote:since i hear discussins about musk huss vs xbow pike lately.. i dedice to make this post do you think which is better? and why?
You mean overall or a xbow/pike vs musk/cav fight ?

But anyway, xbow/pikes is much weaker than musk/cav on tad, cause bows just aren''t viable.
But you can mass them with wood crates. Still sucks tho. Otherwise, we would see xbow/pikes in french mirror, yet that doesn''t happen
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by Kaiserklein »

purplesquid wrote:
tedere12 wrote:early on xbow pike is better musk hus is a solid composition
xbow/pike is only good early on because they are quicker to train so you can mass faster. In terms of the composition itself in terms of resources spent, musk/huss is always better because muskets are such a versatile unit
Its just that you can use wood crates which makes them way cheaper. The training time doesnt really matter, musks need 30 secs while bows/pikes need 27 secs I think, doesnt change much
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by deleted_user »

kaiserklein wrote:
deleted_user wrote:since i hear discussins about musk huss vs xbow pike lately.. i dedice to make this post do you think which is better? and why?
You mean overall or a xbow/pike vs musk/cav fight ?

But anyway, xbow/pikes is much weaker than musk/cav on tad, cause bows just arent viable.
But you can mass them with wood crates. Still sucks tho. Otherwise, we would see xbow/pikes in french mirror, yet that doesnt happen
i mean age2 fight.. ofcourse age3 is different story
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by Papist »

Theoretically bow/pike counters musk/huss, but this is not true in practice. This is partially because sending the cav into the open forces the pikes up front, where they gen killed by musketeer fire. Then, once the pikes are dead, the hussars make teh passionate lovin to the bows.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by noissance »

Xbow pike is super eaay to pull off. Otherwise, just do pikemen spam and siege houses, it annoys a lot of people and can make their villager production go down (due to housing).
Error 404: Signature not found
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by forgrin »

diarouga wrote:Musk/huss is better but you can easily mass bow/pike while musk/huss is slow..

It''s also easier to get a balanced comp out earlier with xbow/pike, in general it seems you tend to end up with either too few huss or musks until the 8-9min mark, when things even out.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by noissance »

What about skirm ryuter/dragon? (With port team mate)
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by thebritish »

noissance wrote:What about skirm ryuter/dragon? (With port team mate)
skirmishers/dragoon (you use skirmishers and he dragoons-port teammate)
cassadores/ruyters (you use ruyters and he dragoon-port teammate)
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

musk huss vs xbow pike

Skirm/goon beats musk/huss with proper micro and it also beats bow/pike because skirm outrange bows so you can hit and run.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by _RDX_ »

diarouga wrote:Skirm/goon beats musk/huss with proper micro and it also beats bow/pike because skirm outrange bows so you can hit and run.
Yeah, but both skirm/goon isn''t available in age 2. Pikes and xbow are easy to defeat using the micro management of musk/hussars. It may take time. But it''s wiser than pike and xbow. But musks/hussars aren''t well rounded like pikes xbow. Can be defeated by skirm/goon in age 3. But Spanish pikes/ Swiss pikes can defeat dragoons (if they keep standing in a place). Yeah true skirm/goon can defeat both pike/xbow and musk/hussars. But they aren''t available in age 2 and takes time to create. We can make them only if french(skirm age 2 card) and ports(goon age 2 card) are teams. But a good ports won''t use that card as they''ll surely go with FF
oranges.
India _DB_
Howdah

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by _DB_ »

Musk huss > xbow pike

Not sure about longbow pike. I think Longbow pike beats musk huss, do they?
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by _RDX_ »

subzero wrote:Musk huss >' xbow pike

Definitely, but we need lot of pikes covering lbows. We need to make sure that hussars don''t hurt lbow. lbows should be microed well. Doesn''t matter that they always win only by their range.
oranges.
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by DerMaxinator »

kaiserklein wrote:
purplesquid wrote:xbow/pike is only good early on because they are quicker to train so you can mass faster. In terms of the composition itself in terms of resources spent, musk/huss is always better because muskets are such a versatile unit
Its just that you can use wood crates which makes them way cheaper. The training time doesnt really matter, musks need 30 secs while bows/pikes need 27 secs I think, doesnt change much
But Hus take way longer to train, and then your basically stuck with a batch of Musk for a short moment, when the other guy can already have 10 bows out, coming your way to raid your vills.
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by Einfein »

I would always choose musk/hus. The only bow composition I might pick over that would be longbow/pike, but that's just brits and I much prefer LB/musk.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by DerMaxinator »

einfein wrote:I would always choose musk/hus. The only bow composition I might pick over that would be longbow/pike, but that''s just brits and I much prefer LB/musk.
Brits musk/hus is also very viable, as you get all those upgrades from the home city, and if you really send those and can keep the opponent of aging, then you will wreck everything with musk/hus/lb
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

musk huss vs xbow pike

subzero wrote:Musk huss > xbow pike

Yes they do.
Germany PhalluS
Musketeer
ESO: PhalluS, rusH (DE)

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by PhalluS »

xbow/pike are good for a rush, huss/musk are good for a longer colo fight. spain/french rush with xbows/pikes in teamgames is very nice imho.
France benj89
Howdah

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by benj89 »

if its colo fight with brit musk or french cav, then lb pike most likely lose to musk huss in open field battle. its not a "definitely" type of situation, even without musk/huss cards. not even considering raids
walls are what makes lb pike better
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag ra0ulduke
Crossbow

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by ra0ulduke »

I'm pretty sure in a straight up fight musk/hus is better since the pikes just get popped as they run in and out to cover bows, and hus are so tanky they take a lot of ranged fire to kill, but if there are lots of trees and natural barriers bows can do ok. Like others said, bow/pike are faster to mass so effective in rush, a good way to kill japan or maybe brit.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

musk huss vs xbow pike

Post by thebritish »

ra0ulduke wrote:I''m pretty sure in a straight up fight musk/hus is better since the pikes just get popped as they run in and out to cover bows, and hus are so tanky they take a lot of ranged fire to kill, but if there are lots of trees and natural barriers bows can do ok. Like others said, bow/pike are faster to mass so effective in rush, a good way to kill japan or maybe brit.
is you go xbow/pike, he can only go lbow and kill everything that shows up.
pikes wont be even able to touch him.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish