tradepost in transition as british

No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

As because almost half of the civilisations need to get tradepost while they are transitioning to age II to get their best, i was thinking is it good to get TP as brits while transitiong to age II because they need to get alot of wood before age II because they build 2-3 more manors for settlers.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

thebritish wrote:As because almost half of the civilisations need to get tradepost while they are transitioning to age II to get their best, i was thinking is it good to get TP as brits while transitiong to age II because they need to get alot of wood before age II because they build 2-3 more manors for settlers.
Why would it be good to build a trade post if you need wood for manors? It means you only need to chop for your manors for longer...?
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

http://eso-community.net/thread/925/bwk ... british-ff
The only british build where you would ever want a TP.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

edeholland wrote:
thebritish wrote:As because almost half of the civilisations need to get tradepost while they are transitioning to age II to get their best, i was thinking is it good to get TP as brits while transitiong to age II because they need to get alot of wood before age II because they build 2-3 more manors for settlers.
Why would it be good to build a trade post if you need wood for manors? It means you only need to chop for your manors for longer...?
when you will get tradepost, you will get faster shipments which means you can send quicker 700 wood and 600 wood without having any idle shipment time (the manors give xp too)
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

wuangaga wrote:http://eso-community.net/thread/925/bwkic-revisited-british-ff
I was talking about building trade post in transition when playing standard :P
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

thebritish wrote:
wuangaga wrote:http://eso-community.net/thread/925/bwkic-revisited-british-ff
I was talking about building trade post in transition when playing standard :P
Well that doesnt work so well you want that wood for manors and market+upgrades, that would slow you down more than the slightly faster shipments would speed you up imo.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

wuangaga wrote:
thebritish wrote:I was talking about building trade post in transition when playing standard :P
Well that doesnt work so well you want that wood for manors and market+upgrades, that would slow you down more than the slightly faster shipments would speed you up imo.
but i will get the second wood shipment (600 wood) alot faster which can somehow boost my eco and from which i can get my market upgrades too.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

thebritish wrote:
wuangaga wrote:Well that doesnt work so well you want that wood for manors and market+upgrades, that would slow you down more than the slightly faster shipments would speed you up imo.
but i will get the second wood shipment (600 wood) alot faster which can somehow boost my eco and from which i can get my market upgrades too.
I think market upgrades from 600w is late.

Why dont you try the build and see what your score is?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

edeholland wrote:
thebritish wrote:but i will get the second wood shipment (600 wood) alot faster which can somehow boost my eco and from which i can get my market upgrades too.
I think market upgrades from 600w is late.?

its not really fair to ask him to do it, we all know that his score would be suboptimal even with standard play.

Ultimately though, standard play is standard for a reason, and making a tp in transition means either youre not gonna get market ups or your military buildings are gonna be late. I would be interested in hearing what our resident tp lover goodspeed would think about this though.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

edeholland wrote:
thebritish wrote:but i will get the second wood shipment (600 wood) alot faster which can somehow boost my eco and from which i can get my market upgrades too.
I think market upgrades from 600w is late.

the score from the first 10 minutes or first 7:50?

[spoiler]{why?}
well, at around 10:00 the tradepost will payback very much for xp.

and for the 7:50 time is that allmost everyone are getting the upgrades for food (2) wood (1) coin (1) and the upgrade for villagers hp, forgot its name (to have better protection if being raided, 2 uhlans are example. :) )by 6:00-6:30 and the upgrades to pay off it will need 1-2 minutes ')[/spoiler]
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

thebritish wrote:
edeholland wrote:I think market upgrades from 600w is late.

the score from the first 10 minutes or first 7:50?

[spoiler]{why?}
well, at around 10:00 the tradepost will payback very much for xp.

and for the 7:50 time is that allmost everyone are getting the upgrades for food (2) wood (1) coin (1) and the upgrade for villagers hp, forgot its name (to have better protection if being raided, 2 uhlans are example. :) )by 6:00-6:30 and the upgrades to pay off it will need 1-2 minutes ')[/spoiler]
Then do 10 minutes ')
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

You can sneak in a TP+house with a 300w start and gather the 35wood or find a 40wood treasure of so.
Getting a TP in transition slows down more then it helps you. If British had a 400w politician and stilll have the pop space required it'd help a lot. Fortunately you can't even send two age one shipments (3vills, 300w) to negate this fact.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

yemshi wrote:You can sneak in a TP+house with a 300w start and gather the 35wood or find a 40wood treasure of so.
Getting a TP in transition slows down more then it helps you. If British had a 400w politician and stilll have the pop space required it''d help a lot. Fortunately you can''t even send two age one shipments (3vills, 300w) to negate this fact.
the 300 wood shipment is not even an option for british
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

Thank you for finally making a decent thread, I personally feel going tp is very nice when you start 300w and if you can get the first xp like on GP. However vs a suspected rush/rush civ I wouldn't go tp
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

its not worth it it has been disscussed on another post anyway that to pay off it needs 8 minutes or so.
Anyway you get a lot of exp from manors why would you invest this wood for a TP
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

tedere12 wrote:its not worth it it has been disscussed on another post anyway that to pay off it needs 8 minutes or so.
Anyway you get a lot of exp from manors why would you invest this wood for a TP
well, you get xp from manors only once while from the tp you are getting xp every xx amount of seconds and is going to last until it has been destroyed.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

We should have same question for Japan and Russia.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Having seen Aiz build tps in age 1 a few times, I can say with some certainty that chopping for a tp, in the long term, is NEVER a terrible idea. Without a tp, the British FF OP posted would never work, because Brit would get housed (and have no co to send 1000w).

The problem with this strat is that it doesn't give the player a chance to pressure early on. I think it might be better to go for a 5 Huss semi and push in early fortress. This way you get in raids and have a more balanced composition (musk/falc is slow and vulnerable to kiting).
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag thestrider
Crossbow

Post by thestrider »

subzero wrote:We should have same question for Japan and Russia.
I just about always get a tradepost with Russia. I don''t think there needs to be much thought put into it.
Imo all brit has to do is in age 2 with lbow musk huss as diarrhea [diarouga] suggested. -_DB_
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

Goodspeed, where art thou? Somebody needs to be convinced of trading posts! I personally think that with 700w first (wich you'll have no matter if you build a tp or not) you build so many manors that you'll almost always get the experience for the 600 wood. Tp only if gimmicky Veronica Company build.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.