How do I beat French with India?

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I've been playing that matchup lately vs my friend on AS new GP and it's really frustrating. I build agra in base and do the eco semiff (600w 300e). I age up considerably later than the french, so for the first few minutes of fortress the french mass is bigger and i can't push out. However, by the time my mass is big enough he brings a lot of his CDB to my side of the map and starts gathering my resources. When that happens I am just never able to push out' there are a lot of resources in one spot on AS new GP, so its np to have 30 CDB in one place so its really impossible to push in those places. He also has a few CDB on every mine on the map. I tought of pushing trough the edges of the map and going for his base, but he could just trap me if i do that. Plus, when i am ready to push out (gotten a reasonable ghurka zamb sowar mass+siege elephants) I usually run out of my 2 gold mines, so if i dont push directly towards a mine (where he can bring more vills from nearby) I will have little reinforcements. I would prefer to win with semi ff, but would staying age 2 also work?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

If he's contesting your resources with his villager, try to go for a more meele heavy composition, so he will think twice if he will fight with his villager or not. If he's going for a hussar semi ff you should be able to grab yourself the map control early, he only has time to get to your resources when he is fortress and you're not up yet. Also walking his villager there will lose him a lot of gathering time, try to use this to your advantage and try for a timing attack right when he got them there. Urumi and Mahouts are nice against his vills, skirms and dragoons. Age 2 with constant pressure can work too if he doesn't have many resourcesand you can do economical damage, but as it seems you play high res maps. Also keep in mind to attack the army first, and when his army shrank you can take out all his villager. Even if you lose your army, if the military difference isn't too big you can just remass your units with a superior economy.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

venox wrote:If he''s going for a hussar semi ff you should be able to grab yourself the map control early
Yeah it''s always huss semi but how can I grab map control early? He is in fortress maybe 30-60 seconds faster than me so he will have more skirms than me, so i can''t really go out. Also if I have agra too far forward he can also go for more aggressive strat with falcs early and kill it.
No Flag jono
Crossbow

Post by jono »

Surely if he always FF then go colonial sepoy and take map. If he has a few cdb on each mine then send a few cav to raid each mine?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Hi, watch my replays vs Kalapuikko, the india vs german one. I do the same vs France and it works quite well. The thing is that the french can not age if you rush him and if he palys age2, you'll get outmassed in early game but later, you should win with your better army composition.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

diarouga wrote:Hi, watch my replays vs Kalapuikko, the india vs german one. I do the same vs France and it works quite well. The thing is that the french can not age if you rush him and if he palys age2, you''ll get outmassed in early game but later, you should win with your better army composition.

The french can always age to III with a 5 hussar semi FF. You can try to punish them for it at as much as possible but believe me if they want to reach III a standard sepoy rush won''t stop it, just damage it.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

wickedcossack wrote:
diarouga wrote:Hi, watch my replays vs Kalapuikko, the india vs german one. I do the same vs France and it works quite well. The thing is that the french can not age if you rush him and if he palys age2, youll get outmassed in early game but later, you should win with your better army composition.
The french can always age to III with a 5 hussar FF. You can try to punish them for it at as much as possible but believe me if they want to reach III a standard sepoy rush wont stop it, just damage it.
Yeah, the french can always age, but then, he is dead.
No Flag bpdscolony123
Dragoon

Post by bpdscolony123 »

Time push him when he ages
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by bart331 »

I kinda lean to aggressive sepoy start, then eco behind it and stay age2 . Actually india has all the units u need in age 2, only cannond are a bitch
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Musk or musk huss semi-FF counters that. At least, it seemed to when I tested this. Admittedly I only tested it once because I won easily as France so it seemed pointless to test it again.

The thing is France can age up as soon as India starts sending eco shipments, and if India doesn't send any eco shipments they just won't have any units after a while and France can still age up, although later. The biggest mistake France can make here is trying to end it in colonial.

Anyway for this reason aggressive sepoy doesn't feel like the best option in that MU to me.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ye good fre plays musk semi or atleast musk huss. With vils mm and 5 musk they hold the pressure easily on normal maps. Ive been trying india semi myself, with mixed success, still not sure if india should colo or semi. Very mapdependent i guess. Colo on low res maps for sure. On water india has the adv imo.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:Ye good fre plays musk semi or atleast musk huss. With vils mm and 5 musk they hold the pressure easily on normal maps. Ive been trying india semi myself, with mixed success, still not sure if india should colo or semi. Very mapdependent i guess. Colo on low res maps for sure. On water india has the adv imo.
What would be a good BO for colo? Would 600w 300e 4 sowars work vs 5 huss semi ff? I''m thinking market in transition only age 1 ups TP stable conulate from 600w, and then you whole cav is 4 sowars 3 huss 2 elephants with like 10 zambs from the stable and however many ghurka you can make from agra.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dont think so. Vs 5 cav semi u gotta punish k for thidls stupidity, so best is 12 sepoy or atleast 7 and attack. Otherwise i think u can be more greedy and 2,25 trickle or 600 coin