Beating ottoman rush

United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Beating ottoman rush

Post by noissance »

Hi, how would I beat ottoman all in rush as british (sgt level)
I tried musk huss and longbow/musk but neither worked. Thoughts?
Error 404: Signature not found
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Beating ottoman rush

Post by forgrin »

Is he going jan-abus? Well either way you're probably screwed, but you probably wanna wall to buy yourself some time and really restrict your manor boom. You can probably go only huss-lbow if he's going Jan abus. Try to snipe the abus with the lbow, you have the range advantage even if he's got the OP units. Walls help alot with this. I'm only serg too, but if you wanna play to try add me (same ESO name as forum).
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Jaeger
Donator 01

Beating ottoman rush

Post by noissance »

Ok man thanks for advice I dont wall that often so maybe I should..

Ill add you though :-)
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Beating ottoman rush

Post by forgrin »

Walling can buy you time cheaply which is great. Always keep in mind Jans by themselves aren't that scary, so as long as you keep his abus count low you have a decent chance. Let's test this out soon! :)

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Beating ottoman rush

Post by gibson »

wall and lb
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Beating ottoman rush

Post by forgrin »

See, Gibson agrees!

Jaeger
Donator 01

Beating ottoman rush

Post by noissance »

Ok what about when they fortress?
This is on GP btw so walling is awkward
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Beating ottoman rush

Post by forgrin »

That's more when you're screwed. Brit can't really beat it at all, Otto FF is scarier than their colonial. Otto will have a bundle of jans and 2 falcs knocking on your door at like 7:30, and mams coming after. You could try lbow+huss and walls again, fight him under TC with vills+mm+TC and you might live. Or, you could yolo black watch kick! (Which might actually live against early mams).

Oh and also walling wise, pretty much everyone attacks from the front of your base so you really only need to wall the front/sides.

No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Beating ottoman rush

Post by purplesquid »

I personally like playing as french against people I know will all in Jan rush. Get both market upgrades on vills and it's a piece of cake to hold. . .
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Beating ottoman rush

Post by momuuu »

Maybe against ff mass up as many huss as you can and try to surround him and kill the falcs. Then start producing mostly musks to deal with the mam timing. Walls should help against mams. Of course raid a lot with the huss.

Not sure if its optimal but it sounds like it could work, especially against medium players.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Beating ottoman rush

Post by forgrin »

jerom wrote:Maybe against ff mass up as many huss as you can and try to surround him and kill the falcs. Then start producing mostly musks to deal with the mam timing. Walls should help against mams. Of course raid a lot with the huss.

Not sure if its optimal but it sounds like it could work, especially against medium players.

Could work if the Otto doesn''t make enough jans. Sadly Jan HP means it''s very hard to brute force through them to the cannon.

No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Beating ottoman rush

Post by aoefan4life »

Try to age fast and then get 5 hussar out to raid. You should be shipping 700 wood and then drop two raxes and spam muskets. The thing with hussar is that jans take a while to kill them so if you micro it will and with a little luck you should win.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Beating ottoman rush

Post by yemshi »

jerom wrote:Maybe against ff mass up as many huss as you can and try to surround him and kill the falcs. Then start producing mostly musks to deal with the mam timing. Walls should help against mams. Of course raid a lot with the huss.

There was a game between me and Nayuki wher he was brit and massed pure huss and defeated all my Jans+Cans and Manchu with 20+huss and CM MM.
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Beating ottoman rush

Post by Wuangaga »

aoefan4life wrote:Try to age fast and then get 5 hussar out to raid. You should be shipping 700 wood and then drop two raxes and spam muskets. The thing with hussar is that jans take a while to kill them so if you micro it will and with a little luck you should win.
Can''t age against otto ff, takes way too long. Your base is probably halfway destryoed when you''re up.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Beating ottoman rush

Post by yemshi »

He's aging to Age II.
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Beating ottoman rush

Post by Wuangaga »

yemshi wrote:He''s aging to Age II.
Oh well, understood him wrong, thought he was still talking about the ff part.
No Flag ra0ulduke
Crossbow

Beating ottoman rush

Post by ra0ulduke »

Just don't play vs otto, they are a super lame civ, you will just get pissed off. Of course if you are looking for a challenge then....
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Beating ottoman rush

Post by Method_man714 »

Spam manors and villager rush is your best chance.
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Beating ottoman rush

Post by Marco1698 »

Lb only. You have just to counter janns so you don't need pikes because you can kill cav with Tc fire + mm. Wall help
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Beating ottoman rush

Post by aoefan4life »

wuangaga wrote:
aoefan4life wrote:Try to age fast and then get 5 hussar out to raid. You should be shipping 700 wood and then drop two raxes and spam muskets. The thing with hussar is that jans take a while to kill them so if you micro it will and with a little luck you should win.
Cant age against otto ff, takes way too long. Your base is probably halfway destryoed when youre up.
I meant to say go age 2 fast.(or as fast as possible and then make stable in the way back of your base) At that level of sergeant, 5 hussar can really hurt an otto player. Make sure you scout his available hunts in age 1 to prepare yourself for this and also scout his fb because sometimes otto players will try and ff instead.

Ship 700 wood for two barracks and manor houses. Follow up with either 600 wood(more market ups) or 6 musket or 6 lb depending on the situation.