iro ff

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

iro ff

Post by fei123456 »

pros:
not a lamer anymore!
fast. can reach age 3 at 6:30 with a warhut at home. hard to rush.
better units. forest prowler is the best skirm unit, and can beat wall+longbow/gurkha/yumi easily. musket rider is better than euro dragoon. 5 cuirass too.
give him a big surprise!

cons:
don't have cannon.
don't have steel trap.
units cost lots of coin. but kanya neeeds wood, making it difficult to balance the resources.
don't have cav combat. (age 3 15%hp and 15%attack is mediocre).

and, should i train tomahawk mainly, or musket rider?
toma itself is shit. but in age 3 it get combat card. you can mass them quickly with TC big button. also, it is cheaper and cost no gold.
musket rider is good range cav, but it cost too muck gold, and on some low gold maps musket rider+ forest prowler is not available. also, it doesn't have combat card.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

iro ff

Post by Hazza54321 »

musket riders are better but tomas are good once inf ups and conservative tactics are sent, and maybe the wh up
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

iro ff

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

It is still lame, and it doesn t surprise since slow age up=ff or semi ff.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

iro ff

Post by britishmusketeer »

paul wrote:pros:
not a lamer anymore!
better units. forest prowler is the best skirm unit, and can beat wall+longbow/gurkha/yumi easily. musket rider is better than euro dragoon. 5 cuirass too.
give him a big surprise!

cons:
don''t have cannon.
don''t have steel trap.
units cost lots of coin. but kanya neeeds wood, making it difficult to balance the resources.
don''t have cav combat. (age 3 15%hp and 15%attack is mediocre).

toma itself is shit. but in age 3 it get combat card. you can mass them quickly with TC big button. also, it is cheaper and cost no gold.
musket rider is good range cav, but it cost too muck gold, and on some low gold maps musket rider+ forest prowler is not available. also, it doesn''t have combat card.
you don''t make kanya, you just ship them and make only forest prowlers and musket riders. Tomahawks aren''t good units.
China fei123456
Jaeger

iro ff

Post by fei123456 »

diarouga wrote:It is still lame, and it doesn t surprise since slow age up=ff or semi ff.

i''ve played with india yesterday on tibet. he 10/10. wall and gurkha and i can''t rush at all. so i send 600g and age up, make forest prowler and musket rider. but got rekt by his age 2 tons of shit. even 10/10 has decent eco after 10 mins, and camels with upgrades are monsters.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

iro ff

On tibet iro vs india might be fair. And you don t really want to naked ff, semi is better.
China fei123456
Jaeger

iro ff

Post by fei123456 »

diarouga wrote:On tibet iro vs india might be fair. And you don t really want to naked ff, semi is better.

i didnt ff. i age up fast, send 600w to boom tp (but only 2 tps), then 4 kanya and spam infantry. but when i see his agra and gate and gurkha i''m desperate. so i send 600g to age up (and lost my warhut). when i reach age3 i spam skirm goon and send 5 cuirass and fight, but i lost! upgraded zamburak are monsters lol.

the problem is, if you age up fast then 600g, you reach age 3 slowly. india has time to boom and age up too (or even beat you with age 2 units: iro don''t have cannon). if you age up with wise woman, india can even rush you (he 10/10 lol).
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

iro ff

Post by yurashic »

Send 1200 res after you age and use wood for houses and gold/food for units. If you are playing on Siberia, Texas or Deccan you can age with 3 travois, turn them into a farm and a plantation and send agrarian ways for free upgrades: 50% food and 30% gold boost for all sources.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

iro ff

Post by thebritish »

not a lamer anymore!
better units. forest prowler is the best skirm unit, and can beat wall+[strike]longbow[/strike]/gurkha/yumi easily. musket rider is better than euro dragoon. 5 cuirass too.
give him a big surprise!

cons:
don''t have cannon.
don''t have steel trap.
don''t have cav combat. (age 3 15%hp and 15%attack is mediocre).

musket rider is good range cav, but it cost too muck gold, and on some low gold maps musket rider+ forest prowler is not available. also, it doesn''t have combat card.
If you FF against Brits, he can FF too and 26 range with wall means gg
And even if he plays age 2, he can just mass lbow and 22 range beat 20 range, so, even if you kill lbow''s, he will have better trade and then with timing push, he will beat you.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

iro ff

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

thebritish wrote:
not a lamer anymore!
better units. forest prowler is the best skirm unit, and can beat wall+[strike]longbow[/strike]/gurkha/yumi easily. musket rider is better than euro dragoon. 5 cuirass too.
give him a big surprise!

cons:
dont have cannon.
dont have steel trap.
dont have cav combat. (age 3 15%hp and 15%attack is mediocre).

musket rider is good range cav, but it cost too muck gold, and on some low gold maps musket rider+ forest prowler is not available. also, it doesnt have combat card.
If you FF against Brits, he can FF too and 26 range with wall means gg
And even if he plays age 2, he can just mass lbow and 22 range beat 20 range, so, even if you kill lbows, he will have better trade and then with timing push, he will beat you.
If brit ffs vs any colonial or fortress play they die either early/mid/late colonial or early fortress.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

iro ff

bramboy wrote:
thebritish wrote:If you FF against Brits, he can FF too and 26 range with wall means gg
And even if he plays age 2, he can just mass lbow and 22 range beat 20 range, so, even if you kill lbows, he will have better trade and then with timing push, he will beat you.
If brit ffs vs any colonial or fortress play they die either early/mid/late colonial or early fortress.
You can semi ff vs France/ger/india/china/spain
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

iro ff

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

diarouga wrote:
bramboy wrote:If brit ffs vs any colonial or fortress play they die either early/mid/late colonial or early fortress.
You can semi ff vs France/ger/india/china/spain

I was talking about brit vs iroquois.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

iro ff

They ofc can't semi vs a colonial play but vs an iro semi, the brit semi seems to be the best way.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

iro ff

Post by Papist »

I am willing to bet we will be seeing a lot more Iro FF on the new patch. Their early game has been very badly nerfed, and FF is the next best thing. It's fast, difficult to stop due to their free warhut travois, and they have a solid age 3 composition.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

iro ff

Not naked ff imo, more like semi ff.
Howdah

iro ff

papist wrote:I am willing to bet we will be seeing a lot more Iro FF on the new patch. Their early game has been very badly nerfed, and FF is the next best thing. It''s fast, difficult to stop due to their free warhut travois, and they have a solid age 3 composition.

not having a free tp at the start hurts their ff alot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

iro ff

Post by Papist »

britishmusketeer wrote:
papist wrote:I am willing to bet we will be seeing a lot more Iro FF on the new patch. Their early game has been very badly nerfed, and FF is the next best thing. Its fast, difficult to stop due to their free warhut travois, and they have a solid age 3 composition.
not having a free tp at the start hurts their ff alot

They can easily chop in transition from 1-2. They already have a free house from the politician crates.
Howdah

iro ff

papist wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:not having a free tp at the start hurts their ff alot

They can easily chop in transition from 1-2. They already have a free house from the politician crates.

I didnt say they cant ff. It is just hurt badly by having to chop 200w and not getting it until transition.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

iro ff

Post by momuuu »

papist wrote:I am willing to bet we will be seeing a lot more Iro FF on the new patch. Their early game has been very badly nerfed, and FF is the next best thing. It''s fast, difficult to stop due to their free warhut travois, and they have a solid age 3 composition.
I am willing to bet iro won''t be played much at all. Not because they might be bad but because iro has always (even when they were batshit OP) been a relatively unpopular civ :)
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

iro ff

Post by adderbrain5 »

Save the shipment in transition make sure that you have two trading posts and there isnt much pressure.Ship national unity and then abuse all of the 250 gold shipments. Tomahawks are good in age 3 versus age 2 units especially since you can get so many of them so cheaply via shipments they pack good siege and they protect battering rams very well.
Then of course you want some normal unit cards if you don't have time to send national unity(cuir halb)
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

iro ff

Gold medalist has spoken!
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

iro ff

Post by Papist »

Tomahawks aren't that good adder - why would you make a weak musk when you can spam musk riders (which have far more mobility).
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

iro ff

Post by Marco1698 »

Iro ff has got op units. Iro is not only tp + rush :)
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

iro ff

Post by adderbrain5 »

papist wrote:Tomahawks aren''t that good adder - why would you make a weak musk when you can spam musk riders (which have far more mobility).

wel basically you wouldnt make tomohawk. You would ship 14 of them for 250 gold. (Plus 400 wood btw.) and champion tomohawk vs age 2 units are not bad at all...but lets think about why one does make tomo#protip: they are easier on iroqois macro.

Musket rider? Do you even play iroqois? I guess what i mean to ask is why would you make an expensive dragoon that sucks. In other words the same exact question you asked me about tomohawk. Oh and btw iro not that great at gathering gold. If your floating enough gold to make batches of MR ur not playing iro right age 3 and you will probably get rekd
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

iro ff

Post by adderbrain5 »

diarouga wrote:Gold medalist has spoken!

#cliquemaster