British strategy/deck/build order [need advice]

No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Whats the best build order for British in general?

I think, i is mostly 3vills, 700wood, 600wood, 5vills, 4vills, but i have seen most players to go with 3vills, 700wood, 5vills, 600wood, 4vills.

Dont you get more experience from sending 600 wood and building manors (also getting 4free villagers) vs the 5 villagers.
with 600 wood spend on manors i think you can speed up your next shipment which is better.

Also, why you need 2 falconets as British?
in age 3 you have 26 range longbowmans which is the same as falconets and you can just ship 1000 gold and make culverin's to fight falconets if really necceserly.

Now for the deck.
What should i put in age I besides 3 vills [british have one free card].
should i use that one for age IV or as age I?

If i use that card in I, is it better to put wood trickle, 20% wood gathering or colonial militia?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

3v 700w 600w 5v musk attack/700c. If you're going longbow pike you generally want to switch to longbow musk after 5v has been sent. You can also ship 700c to mix huss for a longbow musk huss army. 4 vills is more of a late colonial card.

600w before 5 villagers is better because the xp from the manors allows you to receive your next shipment quicker. Also you can mix a 2nd rax or a stable with 600w after 700w.
You need 2 falconets because it's just an amazing shipment. Longbows require a card to send before they have 26 range and they're also, quite frankly, pretty bad for their cost. They have low hp, they're unmicroable, and more importantly they can't fight falconets efficiently. Even though their range is the same as a falconet, longbows won't win a fight against falconets cost efficiently.

As for age 1, I use exotic hardwoods but I'm not really a brit player so I'm not sure. CM is nice on RE maps and vs strong civs but it's not necessary on most maps and in most matchups.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

2 falconets is just a really efficient shipment. Falcs would be OP if culvs didnt exist I think. The thing with 2 falcs is that your opponent has to invest an equal amount of resources in culverins to basically trade even, and without culverins those falcs are insanely cost effective units. Its one of the best shipments in the game I think, so you really need it.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

I remember you already made two threads about british decks...

4vills is an super bad card tbh. If you musk fight you either need 700c/f to mass more or add cav or if you go full lb/pike just send Exotic Hardwoods.
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Post by DerMaxinator »

I agree with Yemshi, you should take out the 4 vills and send something like musk hp/attack or 700 c which you should send when you scouted your oponent aging to follow him up. In GS' guide it also says that you always should send the 700c to either mass or follow your oponent up, since you might not be able to scout and since you cant age fast, youll have no choice but to send it and decide what to do with it after.

Oh and if you send musk attack over HP then you should also go on to raid with some musk :D
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

yemshi is written with an little "y"!
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

And what is their best unit combo?

Longbows and huss, or longbow and dragoons ?
I dont really think musk's are really good in mid/late fortress because of skirmishers who can just kite.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

thebritish wrote:And what is their best unit combo?

I dont really think musk''s are really good in mid/late fortress because of skirmishers who can just kite.

lbow musk huss is best. You can''t kite brits because of the range of lbows will punish you when you try to run
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

I dont really think musk''s are really good in mid/late fortress because of skirmishers who can just kite.

It is entirely dependent on the scenario. In most situations, you won''t be aging up, you will be doing a timing when your opponent does. In this case, you would go musk/Huss. On the defensive, you are more likely to go longbow pike or, against civs with weaker anticav, lbow/Huss.

If the game does go Fortress, just start mixing upgraded bows. They outrange everything, including cannons.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:

I dont really think musks are really good in mid/late fortress because of skirmishers who can just kite.

lbow musk huss is best. You cant kite brits because of the range of lbows will punish you when you try to run
and should i occasionally get 1-2 culverins if i get too much infantry (lbow/msk), so in case my opponent gets falconets, i can just kill them without any damage..
or, i should use falconets too and hope on luck that i will get better micro and kill them.
No Flag kokiloki
Musketeer

Post by kokiloki »

Skirms can''t kite lb. Personally I don''t make goons very often as British, because youre army probably exist of musk-huss-(falc) or musk-lb-huss. In both comps you dont really need goons, because you already have enough anticav. However, with the above described comps its harder to catch raids, because musk are less mobile then goons. In big fights musk are better imo, first of all because you are more likely to send their upgrade cards, and you probably have enough musk left from age2 wars when you age up. Secondly the lb should stand still, so kiting is actually not possible with them, so goons are a not as good as in skirm goon compositions. At last, dragoons are not so good at bodyblocking, thats why you need musk, to either block the lb, or the falcs.

Making some goons to catch raids is viable I think, but only when you have more eco. Another option when you have a better eco is to apply more presseure, for that you can better make musk lb or huss I think. When you''ve got enough presseure he probably isnt able ro raid because he need to defend his own town/vills.

If you want some more advise on Brits, you can add me on eso: kokiloki. However I''m not an expert.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

thebritish wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:lbow musk huss is best. You cant kite brits because of the range of lbows will punish you when you try to run
and should i occasionally get 1-2 culverins if i get too much infantry (lbow/msk), so in case my opponent gets falconets, i can just kill them without any damage..
or, i should use falconets too and hope on luck that i will get better micro and kill them.

use your own 2 falc shipments to neutralise his 2 falc shipment. Only make culverins if he builds an artillery foundry and makes extra cannons.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I actually think 4 vills is pretty decent.
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

i actually think its easy to clean up yogurt from a carpet
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

jerom wrote:I actually think 4 vills is pretty decent.
For Dutch maybe, lol!
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Post by DerMaxinator »

edeholland wrote:
jerom wrote:I actually think 4 vills is pretty decent.
For Dutch maybe, lol!
Isnt like some HP card (musk or Hus) better against Dutch because of reasons. :happydance:
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
No Flag S_I_D
Musketeer

Post by S_I_D »

I may not be an expert or anything but I have played as the British for a really long time now. I think that in most cases 3v 700w 600w 5 vill musk atk is usually my go to. I have also do a more economic build where i go 3v 700w 600w 5 vil spice trade. Spice trade is a great eco card to get compared to 4 vils imo. British are a very food heavy civ so I find it really nice to alteast have it in my deck, works well if you get stuck with a map with lower hunts and berries too. Theres also the VC build that works great as well for eco. I normally havent gone 3vil 700w 5vil 600w -- lately but I think it works okay if there isnt alot of pressure and you dont need to throw down another military building or something. The 5 vils can be useful but I think that 600w is just normally the better way to go in most mu's. I also think that 2 falcs for british age 3 is a must. The 2 falc shipment can be huge to shift the game, the yeomen card may be good but you get the 2 falcs instantly and dont have to train extra units. It gives you great siege that lb just dont have, and I think its just plainly easier to push with 2 falcs then lb. Musk huss 4 life :P
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

If i get in fortress age, what should be my composition and what should my first 3 cards be?

cards:

*1000 wood-8 vills-yeomen
or
*2 falconets-8 vills-upgrade for musk/huss:goon
*2 falconets- 1000 gold to age

composition:

*lbow-musk-huss
*lbow-dragoon-huss
*lbow-musk-2 falconets-2 culverins
*lbow-huss
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

This is an RTS game: Do you really think that you can have a specific BO all the time, over and over?
Not even Piro has a specific BO.
It depends.
But 8vills is usually a bad choice since you just invested res in aging instead of military' you prob need a unit shipment or crates.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

thebritish wrote:If i get in fortress age, what should be my composition and what should my first 3 cards be?

cards:

or

composition:

*lbow-musk-huss
*lbow-dragoon-huss
*lbow-huss
?t depend? be more specific pls
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Falcs are pretty good, yeomen only with big mass. 5 huss 10 lb also pretty good.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

tedere12 wrote:
thebritish wrote:If i get in fortress age, what should be my composition and what should my first 3 cards be?

cards:

or

composition:

*lbow-musk-huss
*lbow-dragoon-huss
*lbow-huss
?t depend? be more specific pls
Well, i could use the wood to add second a second TC to get vills faster.
8 vills is pretty economic as well as 1000 wood.

or, if i send 2 falconets and then 1000 coin to age, i will have one card in age IV for villagers from houses.
with the falconets, i can push which means if i hold him in his base for 5 minutes, i can almost max out vills, which is almost gg for my opponent because i could have double villagers or maybe when i will have 99 vills he will have 70 vills unless he is playing with jap/port/french.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

You want to be agressive/you get pressured:10 longbows/5 hussars/9 musketeer(sucks imo)/2 falconets
You are ahead and aged up to get more ahead/you can hold pressure by ur passive enemy/team game:8 vills/1000 wood

Longbow Musketeer Hussar is very good for british:
longbows cant kite but deal a lot of damage when they stand still
musketeers are up gradable, act as shields and let longbows deal their crazy damage
hussar is a good unit, it makes your army complete as it can absorb damage, slow down army that tries to escape, kill RI/cannons/vills/raids

why would youship 1000 coin as brits?
To age IV? why?? even if you wanted to age it would be better imo to send 8 vills/1000wood and stack up res until u age its terrible though i do this in 3vs3 with brits
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

You mostly want to win the game in age 2 as brits, so if you're going to age 3 you either are in a big advantage where you want to send an eco card (I'd go with 8 vills in that case) or a upgrade (cav or inf upgrade depending on compostion) or you're behind in tech by a lot (enemy in age 4) , meaning you probably want to send a high impact army card (2 falcs), get these veteran upgrades and push while you still have a bigger army.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

tedere12 wrote:You want to be agressive/you get pressured:10 longbows/5 hussars/9 musketeer(sucks imo)/2 falconets
You are ahead and aged up to get more ahead/you can hold pressure by ur passive enemy/team game:8 vills/1000 wood

Longbow Musketeer Hussar is very good for british:
longbows cant kite but deal a lot of damage when they stand still
musketeers are up gradable, act as shields and let longbows deal their crazy damage
hussar is a good unit, it makes your army complete as it can absorb damage, slow down army that tries to escape, kill RI/cannons/vills/raids

why would youship 1000 coin as brits?
To age IV? why?? even if you wanted to age it would be better imo to send 8 vills/1000wood and stack up res until u age its terrible though i do this in 3vs3 with brits
so, 1000 coin is not needed as brits?
also, if i age to IV, i think i can ship that card for villagers from houses (forgot its name) and then max out my vills.

[spoiler]{P.S.}
Yesterday i aged from III to V in around 5 minutes in 3vs3 because we went 3vs2, so i did gone full boom.
after i reached V, another guy resigned and because it was 3vs1, after few minutes, the last guy resigned :P[/spoiler]

wuangaga wrote:You mostly want to win the game in age 2 as brits, so if youre going to age 3 you either are in a big advantage where you want to send an eco card (Id go with 8 vills in that case) or a upgrade (cav or inf upgrade depending on compostion) or youre behind in tech by a lot (enemy in age 4) , meaning you probably want to send a high impact army card (2 falcs), get these veteran upgrades and push while you still have a bigger army.

[span style="font-size:12pt'"]They have 2 upgradable cards in age 2, yes, but in age III, musketeers can get veteran status with another another card except that opponent will start massing skirm if i go musk.
Also, if i have 3:1 chances to win in age 2, i will have 1:1 chances to win in age 3?
[/span]