How not having one card can make you lose :(

No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

How not having one card can make you lose :(

Post by thebritish »

I went to play a game, and because my opponent has picked japan, i picked japan too because i am too good when mirroring with japan.
he had a weird build and went FI, but because i didnt check his deck, i didnt rush.
I didnt had the card which gives 2 paddies (or how they are called) which have 5000 food in it (10000 total), i needed to switch to rice paddies earlier (around 10-11 minute), so, i put the shrines on food and villagers on gold.
After he went to Industrial , i aged to Fortress, but i then resigned because i didnt had any interest in finishing the game.
In the postgame, i had 4k more resources than him.

Should i have continued playing until i am sure that he will win, or i have done good job by just resigning?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: How not having one card can make you lose :(

Post by tedere12 »

lel your posts are getting worse and worse. What's the point anyway?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

tedere12 wrote:lel your posts are getting worse and worse. What's the point anyway?

what's so bad in them?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Of course, 600w and the 2 cherry orchards are the most important cards for Japan..
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Honestly you should just copy a top player's deck and try to understand how he uses it. Most of my decks are ryan's and he has explained to me why he has certain cards in there and why he doesn't have others.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Btw, Nayuki's decks are nothing to copy.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

thebritish wrote:i picked japan too because i am too good when mirroring with japan

Lol
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Marco1698 wrote:
thebritish wrote:i picked japan too because i am too good when mirroring with japan

Lol

whats so funny?
JAPAN IS OP in my eyes and if i can't beat it with using other civilisations, i use japan because most of the time i win with it.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

thebritish wrote:
Marco1698 wrote:

Lol

whats so funny?
JAPAN IS OP in my eyes and if i can't beat it with using other civilisations, i use japan because most of the time i win with it.

No you meant your jap were too good. They aren't really
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Marco1698 wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

whats so funny?

No you meant your jap were too good. They aren't really

i am just alot better in japan mirror than to fight japan with me picking other civ.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

What is your question exactly? You title has a completely different subject than your question.
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

Well, without 2 orchards card, you have a big disadvantage. You need this card in colonial as well, unless you win before 12mn, but that's unlikely as Japan.
You better off pick up French or Germans vs Japan, you'll have a much better chance compare to Jap without orchards.
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

That being that if you had 4k resources more than him the problem wasn't the cherry orchard card but the way you use resources. Keep in mind that going indus costs 3.2k + your original 4k you had a whopping 7k advantage. Convert that into ashis and that's a free win.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

deuxballesman wrote:That being that if you had 4k resources more than him the problem wasn't the cherry orchard card but the way you use resources. Keep in mind that going indus costs 3.2k + your original 4k you had a whopping 7k advantage. Convert that into ashis and that's a free win.

i could have lost the advantage and he had yumis and ashi in age 4 as card.
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

The goal is to push when you feel your opponent is aging so he has for now invested 3k for nothing. If you wait his superior tech will win him the game
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

2 orchard wagon is required card for japan
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

_H2O wrote:2 orchard wagon is required card for japan

Ofc it is (hence the title of the thread) but with the information he gave us it was not the (only) reason why he lost the game.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

japan is love.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Some Japan FI decks that the japense players used would not run 2 orchards though, weirdly enough.
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

Jerom wrote:Some Japan FI decks that the japense players used would not run 2 orchards though, weirdly enough.

That's true. I was confused by that at first. But then I realize it makes perfect sense.
FI rely on shipment once reach Age4. You need 1000w shipment in transition to buid 2 TC and spam vills asap. Once tempo reforms researched, Jap will send Shogun and 4 flam arrow. During this time, the orchards start to run out, but vills are booming and with shrines on wood they can make paddies very fast if necessary.
Sending 2 orchards disrupt the small window Jap has to build some army before getting killed.
That was the way Buakaw played it.

Nowadays it's different, more like a 600 4 4 semi FF/FI with about 20 ashi 7 besteiros (+6 yumi from age3), so it's better to have 2 orchards card.

And soon the meta might evolve a little regarding Jap, as the patch nerf the XP from age4 Shogunate.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Hagi wrote:
Jerom wrote:Some Japan FI decks that the japense players used would not run 2 orchards though, weirdly enough.

That's true. I was confused by that at first. But then I realize it makes perfect sense.
FI rely on shipment once reach Age4. You need 1000w shipment in transition to buid 2 TC and spam vills asap. Once tempo reforms researched, Jap will send Shogun and 4 flam arrow. During this time, the orchards start to run out, but vills are booming and with shrines on wood they can make paddies very fast if necessary.
Sending 2 orchards disrupt the small window Jap has to build some army before getting killed.
That was the way Buakaw played it.

Nowadays it's different, more like a 600 4 4 semi FF/FI with about 20 ashi 7 besteiros (+6 yumi from age3), so it's better to have 2 orchards card.

And soon the meta might evolve a little regarding Jap, as the patch nerf the XP from age4 Shogunate.

Buakaw was putting shrines on food and vills on wood.
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

Wouldn't that be a suboptimal way of using the jap eco?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

deuxballesman wrote:Wouldn't that be a suboptimal way of using the jap eco?

It saves a shipment and an age4 shipment is worth more than 1500 ressources.
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

I've seen plenty of games where Buakaw put shrines on coin till age4. Some games vills didn't know what a coin mine looks like lol.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

can i see rec?