Why do people think russian musks are worse ?

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Why do people think russian musks are worse ?

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Hazza54321 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTAeXDUvqLI
just an example

If you do a 9:30 semi ff as germany, you deserve to lose vs russia lol, no way this works vs a 7:40 semi, imagine 50musk/20coss in his base right when he ages lol, would be brutal too.
Back to the topic, when was veni's 1st musk batch? Oh 6min30, bad russian player confirmed.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTAeXDUvqLI
just an example

If you do a 9:30 semi ff as germany, you deserve to lose vs russia lol, no way this works vs a 7:40 semi, imagine 50musk/20coss in his base right when he ages lol, would be brutal too.
Back to the topic, when was veni's 1st musk batch? Oh 6min30, bad russian player confirmed.

Doesn't mean he's bad, just doing the bad strat imo. I don't think this kind of semi ff would ever work against a ger player of his level... He went greedy and defensive. Obviously if you defend, it's not important to get musks early on, but I don't think you should defend, that's my point. Especially on a map with only 1 starting mine, I think you can really pressure germany.
CA are a good unit btw, especially against ger, who goes mass cav and has no goons

EDIT : the ger guy went 6 skirms age up lmao, why are we even talking about that game ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:i think russia should go fortress tbh

That way you have 23vills, op eco and also op units like CA, unupgraded strels and even op shipments such as 17strels.

what veni did may not work at col+ level, but at major, lt col, i feel like that is a way to outplay your opponent because of the fortress units avaliable to you and it is easier to defend than attack, im not sure but everytime i noob rush i always lose and when i did venis strat ive mostly won, it just seems safer than basically all in rushing germany, sometimes you may force him to stay age 2 but youve sacrificed so much eco that he wins age 2 anyway
No Flag DemonDog
Skirmisher

Post by DemonDog »

People don't understand that Russia is really an unique civ and should be played as such.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hazza54321 wrote:what veni did may not work at col+ level, but at major, lt col, i feel like that is a way to outplay your opponent because of the fortress units avaliable to you and it is easier to defend than attack, im not sure but everytime i noob rush i always lose and when i did venis strat ive mostly won, it just seems safer than basically all in rushing germany, sometimes you may force him to stay age 2 but youve sacrificed so much eco that he wins age 2 anyway

I think it's quite the opposite, at pr 30 level the players won't defend extremely well against a rush. On the other hand if you camp as russia, the guy can just make his ger build without getting bothered and stomp you
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hazza54321 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:i think russia should go fortress tbh

That way you have 23vills, op eco and also op units like CA, unupgraded strels and even op shipments such as 17strels.

what veni did may not work at col+ level, but at major, lt col, i feel like that is a way to outplay your opponent because of the fortress units avaliable to you and it is easier to defend than attack, im not sure but everytime i noob rush i always lose and when i did venis strat ive mostly won, it just seems safer than basically all in rushing germany, sometimes you may force him to stay age 2 but youve sacrificed so much eco that he wins age 2 anyway

Or you can just timing in age2 and he won't defend well, he'll waste some uhlans, waste the mm etc.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Or you can just timing in age2 and he won't defend well, he'll waste some uhlans, waste the mm etc.

even at major level they can get a good mm trap, or 8bow trap if not trap then they can hold with them and age up, then its age 2 russia with shitty eco, vs age 3 germany with perhaps less houses or slightly less vills
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

Germany owns russia after all. Would russia stand a better chance on a non-TP map ?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

If you force mm pop and 8 bows that a win for you though. People respect germany too much I think.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Jerom wrote:If you force mm pop and 8 bows that a win for you though. People respect germany too much I think.

if you think of the eco youve sacrificed its not that much of a win
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

even at major level they can get a good mm trap, or 8bow trap if not trap then they can hold with them and age up, then its age 2 russia with shitty eco, vs age 3 germany with perhaps less houses or slightly less vills[/quote]
You push right when he ages, if he sends the mm before his 1st age 3 shipment, they're wasted so that's good and why would he send 8bows if he's already in the 3rd age?

@Jerom You'll force mm, maybe even 8bows, but at the end, he will hold and age3...
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

Did not read the full thread. Theoretically you are right russian musk is better than normal musk, but it doesn't work practically for few reasons.

- Trains in batch ie. You need to have full cost before queuing.
- Early game having more musk than other civ is a hypothetical situation.
- They don't get cards, so assuming brit sends his 4th card in age 2 musk atk or hp the 5% bonus is automatically negated.
- Ideal condition where cost wise both units are in ratio i.e ~4 russian musk : ~3 normal musk, Is a hypothetical situation for most period.
- if by chance games late you will be having 100 normal musk into 100 russian musk which are weaker considering no art and other stuff.

The only situation where I can see them effective is late colonial russia and other player is also in colonial and you have sent fast train card and just spamming is the only situation where you headsup outmass him
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
United States of America killerspartain55
Crossbow

Post by killerspartain55 »

The problem with Russia is that you need to manage a large, kind of clunky mass of units to do anything decent in terms of fights.
You can't effectively split up your musk mass to fight in skirmishes, since they're weaker.
The enemy can just cripple you in various ways, like attacking your eco.
Also, Organ/Gattling Gun=Rekt army.
Although I might be wrong, since I'm only a colonel, and a noob.
Feel free to correct me if I made any mistakes.
ESOC Username: killerspartain55 Corporal noobs are best noobs pls no flame