Howdah in Melee

No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Re: Howdah in Melee

Post by adderbrain5 »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
Jerom wrote:Against gendarme spam you dont want anything but howdahs. They're an amazing unit, I wish they were more viable in sup haha.

idk i feel like sepoy would to better, or a majority of sepoys with some howdah in the back

actually because sepoy are slow they would be worse. Even howdah are a little too slow to catch gendarme box spams.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

what's surprising to me is that howdah seem to do melee damage to walls and buildings in a really badass way. Never played india much but due to what they seem to be capable of vs buildings I'm not surprised their melee is sick. I would still think skirms pop for pop(or 150% pop as dutch) FU would beat howdah. I can't remember but do they resist range or melee?
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

adderbrain5 wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
Jerom wrote:Against gendarme spam you dont want anything but howdahs. They're an amazing unit, I wish they were more viable in sup haha.

idk i feel like sepoy would to better, or a majority of sepoys with some howdah in the back

actually because sepoy are slow they would be worse. Even howdah are a little too slow to catch gendarme box spams.

Well we didn't talk about a cuir box, cause vs boxes (opri, cuir, dog soldier) you actually even need to upgrade zamburaks cause they even move faster than goons.
Heads-up sepoys would be a much better tank than howdahs (like 550 hp +melee resistance while taking 1 pop compared to 1500 hp while taking 5 pop) and do less overkill. It's true that they train slower, so a sepoy base mixed with like 5 howdah behind would be best I guess, but any france player who isn't completely braindead would mix in some skirms anyway in which case you lost anyways.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

adderbrain5 wrote:what's surprising to me is that howdah seem to do melee damage to walls and buildings in a really badass way. Never played india much but due to what they seem to be capable of vs buildings I'm not surprised their melee is sick. I would still think skirms pop for pop(or 150% pop as dutch) FU would beat howdah. I can't remember but do they resist range or melee?

Howdah resist ranged attacks. I recommend popping them into melee mode when you have some that manage to find their way into a batch of enemy skirms or cassador. They can do great damage.

It's amazing the quality content like this thread, thanks evilcheadar you are the best.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

melee howdas do not seem to do well vs inf. Just seems to suicide them when they can last longer and cover from the back. But great to rush some artillery mass. I still am not conclusive if good to use if hand cav reaches them... i think this is a good idea since melee attacks twice as fast and they get multipliers on that base damage and no melee resist on cav.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

In the words of the Chaos caster: Ready the Fist that shall fist all life