Beating Russia with French...

No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Post by aoefan4life »

Well they say Russia is a low tier civ but I think they're extremely strong.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

ovi12 wrote:
garja wrote:It wasnt a rush and the problem wasnt defending it. Just French run out of resources while Russia has the map. And also Russia has best 3 unit combo as well as better eco as the game progresses.
Doesnt india win late age 2 vs Russia even if Russia has infinite hunts?

Better* Talking about vs Fre
Image Image Image
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

garja wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Doesnt india win late age 2 vs Russia even if Russia has infinite hunts?
Better* Talking about vs Fre
LOL this thread is already 10 miles offtopic, we talk about russia vs french russia vs german russia mirror darwin giovanny russian monks XD
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

benj89 wrote:if you want to play nasty, always send mm (especially vs the ones who are convinced building the fb with 1vill is pro) vs russia and/or send a french vill (if small map) to bkherd so u can raid him easy/he will fb at home. that''s some phish strategy right there
--> the rage it brings/destabilize the player is totally worth spending 300 ress :D

Honestly if its like quarterfinals and up, id bust op
OUt those moves :p bkherd and then iro rush lol. Or natrush rofl
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

benj89 wrote:if you want to play nasty, always send mm (especially vs the ones who are convinced building the fb with 1vill is pro) vs russia and/or send a french vill (if small map) to bkherd so u can raid him easy/he will fb at home. that''s some phish strategy right there
--> the rage it brings/destabilize the player is totally worth spending 300 ress :D

I see how it is. You gotta flame the only guy who makes it with one vil :P.

I would just use my explorer and when I see your minutes I don''t make a block forward anymore. It''s expensive to send them
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Just send them while _H2O has already started building his blockhouse with his one lonely villager :) then laugh as you siege it down with your minutemen's pitiful siege stats. Oh, and then go and hide them in a corner until a big fight and go raid with them again.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

I thought about you but also couple people ive met in past years :).
quick math: 0.84 food gather rate for russian vill (not 0.924 since you usually don't have +10% from hnting dog yet), times 2 (considering you put 1 vill to build fb instead of 3) and you use like 50sec to walk/build the fb (let's say 10/15 sec walk average, haven't checked the exact building time for 3 vill for the fb, but it's obviously 3x faster than with 1, and let's say u need 30sec to build, maybe 40 I honestly don't know, would have to check).
-->' let's say 50 sec of non gathering from the 2 vill difference = 84 food. Then consider that the fb build 3x faster, so the vill will go back to gather 3x faster so you actually don't lose 84 food, but bit less (im tired correct me if my reasoning is wrong)
Knowing that in team it's literally game changing (you lose fb because of explorers/mm/nats trea -->' 2v3 early -->' gg)
In 1v1, it's arguably less game changing but take into account you don't ALWAYS scout the mm + your explo can get killed (and no, I don't believe than when ur explo get killed you necesarily build fb home as a safety, thats not true :p, but I supposed if it killed u are more reasonable and put the effort to at least send 2vill :p). If you lose fb in 1v1, you lose some wood/map control+ most of the early russ advantage, and this isn't worth like the 70ish food imo
Thats y building with one vill is just wrong in general imo, 1v1 or team
*mitoe knows the sneaky mm re used during fight haha
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

It doesn't build 3x faster. Also the walking time is something between 20 and 40 seconds depending on the situation.
Also which civs have has 150g by that time?
Image Image Image
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

If you're unlucky even with 3 villager you can get caught off guard and all 3 vills will die.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

garja wrote:It doesn''t build 3x faster. Also the walking time is something between 20 and 40 seconds depending on the situation.
Also which civs have has 150g by that time?
alright, I had some gp type map in mind which is where it''s like 10/15sec, but on hima and other map it would be closer to 25-30sec (40sounds a lot).
Considering it doesn''t build 3x faster, doesnt really change the main point. (they also don''t need 40sec which I considered for building time but bit less I guess so it compensate). my bad, it''s as follows for a barrack so similar in ratio for a bh i guess:
1 vil: 30sec
2 vil: 23sec
3 vil: 19 sec
Which confirms that bh with 3v is around 30sec and like 45 sec with one vill
french? I would totally delay steel traps for mm. it''s not which civ has it, it''s you know u play vs russ so u macro in order to have it (and focus on the right treas).
Na if you get caught unless you fk up pretty bad no way your 3vills dies. since you pay attention on this at the point, and let''s say u don''t have ur hero, he melee one of ur vills and kill another, he kill 2 at worse, not 3
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I would never skip the wood chopping for steel traps unless I already scouted the blockhouse and I'm 100% sure my mm will deny it. And to be honest that's a pretty narrow time window.
Ofc if you're planning it as your main thing it's a different story, but it's a cheese anyway.
Image Image Image
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

yeah again I wouldnt 100% do it ofc, but vs russ I always consider mm as an eventuality
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by bart331 »

Building a blockhouse right in ny face is also a cheese.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

It's really not easy to stop that blockhouse. I've had my block denied one time since I. Came back. It was to 2 explorers of Japan and my explorer was far and he saw it and shot at it with both while it was walking across the map and it died with 40 hp left on the blockhouse. Then by the time the second vil got there the two explorers killed ithe blockhouse since he walled the gap on Hispaniola. I just quit gg cba

3 Vils don't get ur block up faster really so u just lose 100-150 food you can't afford to lose just for protection from minutes only if he calls them at the right time and ur explorer doesn't slow them and you don't react and cancel ur block
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

What about a nootka sieging it? That costs wood to repair too, it may even go down. In that instance 2-3 villagers are better too.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

do the math (no, it doesn't cost 100-150f), realize that 2 vills is actually more efficient than 3, but never do one, it's just taking a risk that can most likely cost you the game. especially if u play team game, which u prob know abt, 3 explo just destroy bh if u 1v build
after all its just an advice from a rdm player, u should listen to h2o (but I won't on this :D)
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

I wouldn't open this thread z again.. But i have got some difficulties when I am playing French and my opponent is Russian. I tried to age with 13v to be more fast but it doesn't work. I usually prefer aging with 14 also on this match up. I am sure the best build is musk huss from 1 stable 1 barrack. I don't know if a tower would helps in this case. Semi-ff huss could works if you spam cuirs 3age. If opponent plays Russian well then it's more viable musk huss though.