The case for Virginia Company in the "Greed" meta

Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Re: The case for Virginia Company in the "Greed" meta

Post by medinos »

I wonder why isn't @thebritish posting anything on the matter of this Brit topic...
He would say how this civ is bad because of longbowmens...
damnnn
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

You send 3 vills and end up with 36 at 6 min with 6 manors in transition that that is 33 normal vills + 3 shipment vills. When you send VC according to you, end up with 39 vills at 6 min with 7 manor in transitions. Both age up time is 4:10 and assuming no loss in vill and tc seconds what you get is 1 extra manors that is 1 extra vill instead of 3 villager. Then you should have 34 villagers instead of 39 when sending VC. Something is wrong in that math.
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

You don't stop building manors after transition. Those numbers tell us that the VC build is up 6 manors at 6 min compared to the 3v build, I'm guessing 20 vs 14.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Goodspeed wrote:You don't stop building manors after transition. Those numbers tell us that the VC build is up 6 manors at 6 min compared to the 3v build, I'm guessing 20 vs 14.

https://www.twitch.tv/aiz11/v/57634474?t=203m49s
6:10 44 vills 5 musk (tp vc build+3+5 vills+lots of luck)

Poor defensive agra India
oranges.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I only wish that the build couldn't be immediately scouted when Brits build an early TP. Though I suppose one doesn't always have to go VC off an early to start.
Pakistan MaJoOorchEf_GaZa
Musketeer
ESO: majooorchef_gaza

Post by MaJoOorchEf_GaZa »

its not possible that someone can build 20 manor at 5:30 it just a theory
Do you know what kind of creature waits for its own slaughter?
Musketeer

or make a video on it that you build 20 manor at 5:30
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I present to you a product of the greed meta, an anti-Dutch build on Florida I've cooked up with success -- because on EP VC isn't greedy enough!

300w start early tp 3v, VC, 700w (max manors) 600w (2x dock) 5 vill gather to age. Should have ST and PM when you start gathering to age and enough vills on wood to keep constant 2x dock (bless ye 70w boats) production. Keep in mind Dutch eco semi is slow and they send 1k wood first. Then lbow in transition, lbow hard and make goons. In age 3 I like to 1k coin first.

If he cabs he'll probably delay stable and you can add a rax and 5-10 pikes after you're max manors and have units out as they get there. The boats actually preserve your hunts. With VC you're OK with eating trees for food. I always up the 2nd wood rate in transition.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Attila_The_Hun wrote:its not possible that someone can build 20 manor at 5:30 it just a theory
If you age at 4:10, have 0 vills on food during transition and send 700w immediately upon aging you will at least have started building the final manor before 5:30. Whether you can have it finished by 5:30 probably depends on how many wood tres you find in age1.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

deleted_user wrote:I present to you a product of the greed meta, an anti-Dutch build on Florida I've cooked up with success -- because on EP VC isn't greedy enough!

300w start early tp 3v, VC, 700w (max manors) 600w (2x dock) 5 vill gather to age. Should have ST and PM when you start gathering to age and enough vills on wood to keep constant 2x dock (bless ye 70w boats) production. Keep in mind Dutch eco semi is slow and they send 1k wood first. Then lbow in transition, lbow hard and make goons. In age 3 I like to 1k coin first.

If he cabs he'll probably delay stable and you can add a rax and 5-10 pikes after you're max manors and have units out as they get there. The boats actually preserve your hunts. With VC you're OK with eating trees for food. I always up the 2nd wood rate in transition.
I guess this is what you used vs me on Hudson Bay? If yes, pretty good strategy :P
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:I present to you a product of the greed meta, an anti-Dutch build on Florida I've cooked up with success -- because on EP VC isn't greedy enough!

I guess this is what you used vs me on Hudson Bay? If yes, pretty good strategy :P

no that was 2 stable cossacks.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Attila_The_Hun wrote:or make a video on it that you build 20 manor at 5:30

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByEA-y ... sp=sharing

I built 5 manors at 5:35, without any treasure and without the best macro.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:

I added Cree on that game for good measure.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

cmon, boiz, he was just trolling there :roll:
Musketeer

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

But you used VC he said it could be done with 3 vills I was talking about 3 vills not with VC
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Attila_The_Hun wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

But you used VC he said it could be done with 3 vills I was talking about 3 vills not with VC

Ah yea, with 3vills it's not possible. It would take at least 6min -6min10 I'd say considering VC builds are usually 30-40 sec faster than 3vills builds.
Musketeer

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Attila_The_Hun wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Ah yea, with 3vills it's not possible. It would take at least 6min -6min10 I'd say considering VC builds are usually 30-40 sec faster than 3vills builds.

Hi, Do you have some free time? I want to learn some aoe3 I'm not an ultra noob I know how to counter units and my favorite civ is British I just want to learn about timings when to age up and when need to keep play on age 2 I requested many other good players but nobody really helps me
Musketeer

Attila_The_Hun wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Hi, Do you have some free time? I want to learn some aoe3 I'm not an ultra noob I know how to counter units and my favorite civ is British I just want to learn about timings when to age up and when need to keep play on age 2 I requested many other good players but nobody really helps me
I don't know what kind of abusive stuff in this message or post that nobody answer me after that message :grin: :grin: :grin:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Well honestly I don't have much time atm.
I made a VC tutorial but it's in French so I don't think it will help you.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

One of the best cards for booming. It's much better than 3 villagers simply because it allows you to build manors quicker, which in turn means more villagers, experience (faster shipments) and cheaper pop space.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

ok
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

gg
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Jotunir wrote:One of the best cards for booming. It's much better than 3 villagers simply because it allows you to build manors quicker, which in turn means more villagers, experience (faster shipments) and cheaper pop space.
Why did I waste so much time when I could've just said this :o
United States of America dutchdude117
ESOC Community Team
ESO: Dutchdude117

Post by dutchdude117 »

I love these jotunir bumps. They let me see all these interesting posts I’ve missed out on over th years.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

In hindsight, most people still don't send VC over 3v. Sending both is quite common but that's the main use of the card. Pure VC just doesn't feel very flexible, you just have less vils than with 3v if you're not manor booming, and in many situations you don't want to boom hard
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..