Florence Nightingale

United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Florence Nightingale

Post by noissance »

Hey guys, i have used this card as britain in age 3 sometimes, and it seems to make my ranged troops immortal (especially longbows), as they get healed while they shoot (or at least it looks like that). Has any one done research on this card, priests, missionaries, and surgeons?
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag periloushare
Crossbow

Re: Florence Nightingale

Post by periloushare »

Passive heals from cleric-type units, surgeons and field hospitals (lol) work out of combat?

Active heals such as the chinese wonder, aztec firepit and french explorer get cancelled in combat.
United States of America Ikilled4penguins
Skirmisher
ESO: Ikill4penguins

Post by Ikilled4penguins »

Just ran a quick test in scenario:
Passive heal from manors does not work in combat; healing immediately stops once you begin shooting (however if you simply move units without attacking, healing process continues for a couple seconds).

Also to compare rates, I did a quick look through data files protoy, fieldhospital.tactics, & house.tactics
field hospital= 3
manor = 5
surgeon/priest/missionary = 10

Other notes you may be interested:
When testing in gameplay, it looks like field hospital and manor use same rate, but data files say otherwise.
manors & field hospitals only heal 1 unit at a time, they do not have an overlapping aura effect either.

It's on my AOE bucketlist to win a game using florence xD
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Ikilled4penguins wrote:Just ran a quick test in scenario:
Passive heal from manors does not work in combat; healing immediately stops once you begin shooting (however if you simply move units without attacking, healing process continues for a couple seconds).

Also to compare rates, I did a quick look through data files protoy, fieldhospital.tactics, & house.tactics
field hospital= 3
manor = 5
surgeon/priest/missionary = 10

Other notes you may be interested:
When testing in gameplay, it looks like field hospital and manor use same rate, but data files say otherwise.
manors & field hospitals only heal 1 unit at a time, they do not have an overlapping aura effect either.

It's on my AOE bucketlist to win a game using florence xD

That's easy, just win a game, don't push so the opponent doesn't resign, age up, and send nightingale
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

It would be a great card if units healed while fighting
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I think in games where resources run out it might be cool to just make 1-2 priests just for the sustain. They probably pay off pretty quickly if you make them at the right time.

In the past I have seen grunt use them to heal mercs and cannons too (which I totally stole )
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

iirc are not priest pretty tanky in their own right?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Yes, they are, I played victor_swe a while ago and he trolled me with a Jap priests build using the Dutch consulate. I was already behind, he made 10 priests and I just couldn't kill them with skirms and goons xD
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

_H2O wrote:I think in games where resources run out it might be cool to just make 1-2 priests just for the sustain. They probably pay off pretty quickly if you make them at the right time.

In the past I have seen grunt use them to heal mercs and cannons too (which I totally stole )

Iirc boneng or shmras did that in pk4 too. But it just takes forever to heal lol
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I think we should just buff the healer rate of priests so that a units just heal damn fast. Individually, but damn fast. They need to be out of combat, unlike in Starcraft for instance.

This could really add a lot to the game.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Bumping this thread since now florence nightingale is in age1. Has anybody ever considered using it semi-seriously?
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

I think in most case building a church and training a couple priests will cheaper and you will get additional benefits (tanking, xp trickle, upgrades...).
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

pecelot wrote:Yes, they are, I played victor_swe a while ago and he trolled me with a Jap priests build using the Dutch consulate. I was already behind, he made 10 priests and I just couldn't kill them with skirms and goons xD
@Victor_swe nice
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

harcha wrote:
pecelot wrote:Yes, they are, I played victor_swe a while ago and he trolled me with a Jap priests build using the Dutch consulate. I was already behind, he made 10 priests and I just couldn't kill them with skirms and goons xD
@Victor_swe nice
i have no memory of this, didnt even know jap could make priests :S maybe it was zuta?
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Victor_swe wrote:
harcha wrote:
@Victor_swe nice
i have no memory of this, didnt even know jap could make priests :S maybe it was zuta?
tbf this was six years ago.
nice six year bumps these days
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

With this bump you guys summoned the real Florence Nightingale. Let's listen:

May she haunt you for all eternity :devilrazz:
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

aaryngend wrote:With this bump you guys summoned the real Florence Nightingale. Let's listen:

May she haunt you for all eternity :devilrazz:
Well, she was right. She is just a name right now, but a famous one in every nursing school. She haunts us all :devil:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Victor_swe wrote:
harcha wrote:
@Victor_swe nice
it's like meeting a cherished celebrity — you're left with a memory that will stay with you for the rest of your life, while for the other party it's just another hand out of the remaining 100 to be shaken that day