what's the more lame in late game team games ?

In team games supremacy, what do you think is the more OP/broken things in late game ?

Old Han
4%
Genitours
6%
Cuirassier spam
53%
Opri spam
22%
Ashi everywhere
15%

Total votes: 79

France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

what's the more lame in late game team games ?

Post by Rikikipu »

I'm curious to know, what do you think guys ?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: what's the more lame in late game team games ?

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Cheddar's posts.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

tough choice haha. I went with cuirassier spam because I feel like that is on top of an already great civilisation in team games. Ashi everywhere shouldnt be possible if you wall up, right? In lategame, genitours feels not as OP and I dont really think opri spam truly works once the map is properly walled up. Old Han might be more lame though, but china is pretty shitty and the composition is very immobile so I'm not quite sure I'd call that lame.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Cheddar's posts.

Hahaha trust me or not, I've thought the same when I've written it xD
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

I would say opri, simply because that strategy simply involves actively avoiding fighting, and dancing around the map instead.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Old han and genitour are very strong but you can't raid that much with bows or goons (you can with goons but that's not really effective).
Do I'd say either ashi raids or cuir spam because both are very strong units, with a good siege and they kill vills very easily, while opris can't really fight an army.
With the shogun you can also train 2-3 moraturus to kill your opponents' buildings which is lame as well, that's why I'd say ashi raids.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

20 range goons?
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Cuir spam definitely. Cuirs beat everything but well-micro'd goons, and on top of that French have the best skirmishers. Honestly, what were the devs thinking lol.
IMO 20 range goons are good but they don't win games in the same way that ashi and cuirs do. There's a reason why you don't see goons in treaty much, the unit type simply isn't as useful in extreme lategame.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Hm.. let's give a civ the same/if not better eco as all others, with 20 less pop, then give them the best cav in the game, then give them the best skirmishers. And also a native scout age 1 by default cuz why not.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Opri ofc. When you are busy fighting and spaming units, dem opris come and destroy vils and houses. The definition of raid
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I mean, aren't opri and ashi raids mostly countered by walling up well? I feel like gendarme spam is lame regardless of if you are raiding or jsut trading.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

isn't old han the answer?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

walls don't matter vs opris lol.
30 opris will kill a stone wall in 10sec and you invested 1000w for one wall (in team) and 1000 more resources for the upgrade.
You can wall with goons behind vs a cuir spam as well and it will be much more effective.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

All of them except ashi spam lol.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

Instant cuir with 4 mortars taking out walls and military buildings should not be underestimated. However I would still say opri are worse because they are in the game for the sole purpose of running. There is no static counter to them, and they can usually kill a few vils before you get rid of them. Opri also force you to pull back all of your troops to your base, which cannot be underestimated.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I think you can deal with opris running around using your pure goon composition that you usually have. Although all are lame I think cuir spam is the least cheesy one in ultra lategame.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Ashis are the most effective units per pop in the game I'd say, so you can make tons of them: 20 raiding one side, 20 other, 40 in your army, and you still have 45 population left (if you maxed vills).
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Post by musketjr »

forgrin wrote:Cuir spam definitely. Cuirs beat everything but well-micro'd goons, and on top of that French have the best skirmishers. Honestly, what were the devs thinking lol.
IMO 20 range goons are good but they don't win games in the same way that ashi and cuirs do. There's a reason why you don't see goons in treaty much, the unit type simply isn't as useful in extreme lategame.

No no no. In tr they have 5 layers of walls plus only play on maps with inca. So they also have instantly training units, meaning there is little risk in going mostly skirm/cannons as well as the advantages of mobility being totally shut out
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Post by musketjr »

It's genitaurs, age 6 crossbow pike in age 4 and gendarmes. Can't pick between the 3
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

Jerom wrote:I think you can deal with opris running around using your pure goon composition that you usually have. Although all are lame I think cuir spam is the least cheesy one in ultra lategame.

It's not a question of whether you can deal with opri (they die very easily to dragoons, which is one of their few redeeming factors), it's a question of whether you can deal with them in time (before they kill a ton of vils or a factory), and how much pop you need to stop them. Because Russia's core units all cost 1 pop, they can send 20 opri to the side of your base while continuing to apply pressure on the front. You on the other hand, have goons that cost 2 pop.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Well in late teamgames they still have to trade cost effectively, so if you properly place walls on the map you should see them coming in time imo. They're not even considered very lame in Treaty I think, so I don't think they're lame in lategame team games if you're decent at the map awareness.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

nothing beats age 5 cuirs lol
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Papist wrote:
Jerom wrote:I think you can deal with opris running around using your pure goon composition that you usually have. Although all are lame I think cuir spam is the least cheesy one in ultra lategame.

It's not a question of whether you can deal with opri (they die very easily to dragoons, which is one of their few redeeming factors), it's a question of whether you can deal with them in time (before they kill a ton of vils or a factory), and how much pop you need to stop them. Because Russia's core units all cost 1 pop, they can send 20 opri to the side of your base while continuing to apply pressure on the front. You on the other hand, have goons that cost 2 pop.

opris cost 2 pop
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah it's a hard choice indeed, but I guess cuir spam wins it because fort stats scaling + insta and cheap spam + a lot of upgrades + 120 pop
Old han and genitours are OP but not in "real" lategame I think. I mean, 20 range goons are insanely lame, but it mostly is around 15-20 min in the game, not once people walled up and have age 5 units. Same for old han, kinda the same timing.
Ashis are really good but they are still musks, not that OP in late game. I mean, brit musks are insane as well, I guess a bit less strong than ashis in late game, and a bit slower, but still brit musks aren't considered lame. Skirms with the arsenal upgrade probs do rather fine against that.
Opris... I hesitated between opris and cuir spam. Opris also have an op scaling (3 hc upgrades + arsenal upgrade, from fortress stats) and are really annoying, but like old han and genitours, it's more OP before everyone walled up and stuff. Once you enter real lategame, cuir spam will be more annoying because it just reks your army, while opris can more or less be dealt with.

Jerom wrote:tough choice haha. I went with cuirassier spam because I feel like that is on top of an already great civilisation in team games. Ashi everywhere shouldnt be possible if you wall up, right? In lategame, genitours feels not as OP and I dont really think opri spam truly works once the map is properly walled up. Old Han might be more lame though, but china is pretty shitty and the composition is very immobile so I'm not quite sure I'd call that lame.

China is shitty ? What ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I dont even know if those things can be considerated lame. If that's the case then it's probably just the team game mode that is lame in the first place.
Having to chose probably old han is the real broken thing.
Image Image Image