French Veteran Hus or Cuir?

No Flag mamapapaisop
Skirmisher

Post by mamapapaisop »

Hi if i play teamgames with french i almost go everytime cav when i hit the third age im not sure wether i should go for cuir or hus/vet hus .. what would you go for and why ? Cuir are more expensive and you can t mass them as good as huss i thi k
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Definately cuir, best cav in the game. But if you have 15+ huss, make veteran upgrade in stable first and after start making cuir.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Cuir are best but only make them if you can afford it. There is no point in killing your economy if you can only get 5 cuir out of it. Also, as ovi said, upgrade your huss if you have a lot. Otherwise send them to the back of your opponents' bases and raid.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Always cur it's just strictly better than vet hussar
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Yeah cuirassiers are juggernauts.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I would go with Hussars any time! They are much cheaper, they have more speed and are able to dodge enemy dragoons like ninjas!!! (:))
Also, I have an evidence why Hussars are better! Also, they have better attack than Cuirs!!!

If Cuirs would be better why so many great leaders like Queen Elizabeth, Maurise of Nassau and Suleiman would use Hussars instead??
They all know that Hussars are much better so that's why you can't train cuirs with other civs. Napoleon was the only idiot who couldn't see that Hussars are clearly better so that's why French have the both options available!
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

Napoleon that complete retard who conquered more than half of Europe territories from Hamburg to Rome to Barcelona, 134 departments, 70 million people, one of the most stupid war general in history, definitely :)
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Post by DerMaxinator »

somppukunkku wrote:I would go with Hussars any time! They are much cheaper, they have more speed and are able to dodge enemy dragoons like ninjas!!! (:))
Also, I have an evidence why Hussars are better! Also, they have better attack than Cuirs!!!

If Cuirs would be better why so many great leaders like Queen Elizabeth, Maurise of Nassau and Suleiman would use Hussars instead??
They all know that Hussars are much better so that''s why you can''t train cuirs with other civs. Napoleon was the only idiot who couldn''t see that Hussars are clearly better so that''s why French have the both options available!
But Cuirs only have less attack because they also get area damage, so in practice they actually do better against skirms and bow units, and imo they are also better vs other cav, because of that area damage.
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

Go for a mix - good singletarget (huss) and good multitarget (cuir) damage.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Cuir for sure... Already getting vet huss up sux too much for me to go huss. If there are too many goons, you shouldnt make handcav in general. Also for raiding 3 cuirs so much more dangerous than 3 huss
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Post by aoefan4life »

It would be funny to see someone making hussar rather than gendarmes in treaty lol
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon

Post by DerMaxinator »

aoefan4life wrote:It would be funny to see someone making hussar rather than gendarmes in treaty lol
I think it might work, because they are not as expensive and stuff...
But id like to see the players micro :P
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

Post by glorious_ »

I'd say in fortress u should go goons/skirms anyways this mix is good for a push, probably send 3 cuir for raids because they are op. But to come back on your question I'd prefer cuir much more op for raids.
No Flag lukasl99
Musketeer

Post by lukasl99 »

somppukunkku wrote:I would go with Hussars any time! They are much cheaper, they have more speed and are able to dodge enemy dragoons like ninjas!!! (:))

They all know that Hussars are much better so that''s why you can''t train cuirs with other civs. Napoleon was the only idiot who couldn''t see that Hussars are clearly better so that''s why French have the both options available!
+1 Uhlans >' Huss >' Cuir cause most dmg
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

dermaxinator wrote:
aoefan4life wrote:It would be funny to see someone making hussar rather than gendarmes in treaty lol
I think it might work, because they are not as expensive and stuff...
They also don't train instantly like gendarmes. The cards give cuir better attack btw.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon

Post by DerMaxinator »

papist wrote:
dermaxinator wrote:I think it might work, because they are not as expensive and stuff...
They also don't train instantly like gendarmes. The cards give cuir better attack btw.
I guess that makes my point a bit worse :/
But thx for the Info :D
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Post by _venox_ »

The cards also give hussars better attack...
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

Cuirs are better in almost every situation, except perhaps while running away from things... But more importantly you don't have to waste 400 resources bringing them up to level with other 3rd age units. I would only upgrade to vet huss if I had 30+ hussars left from age 2, which almost never happens.
Taunt 3
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

If I have 15+ huss I up them which happen quiet often especially in team
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Post by _venox_ »

Vet Hussars have about 15% higher hitpoints per resource and better single target damage. Also if you have too few cuiraser you damage all units but they don't quite die yet because their high damage is spread apart. Also cuirassier have a speed of 6.25 instead of 6.75 and are quite expensive. Btw is the aoe damage (not the unit being hit) of cuirassiers also lowered by melee resistance?
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Re: French Veteran Hus or Cuir?

Post by Kazamkikaz »

:maniac: if u are in noob map great plain make comanche ugrade speed for cav 10% , hussard 6.75 to 7.43 i think and start catch dragoons best idea i hv :devilrazz:
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
No Flag Bucknasty
Musketeer

Post by Bucknasty »

Why u keep bringing up stuff from over 2 years ago without adding anything at all to the topic u bumped
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

The basement got banned for stuff like this!
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

Bucknasty wrote:Why u keep bringing up stuff from over 2 years ago without adding anything at all to the topic u bumped

why u think is nothing, just keep try doing your standard strategies and comment with noob and old ideas when u hv time ok

User has been informally/lightly warned for excessively bumping old threads with low-quality and non-sensical posts.
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

This topic is quite offensive in my opinion. :/
Pay more attention to detail.