Civ by civ guide from the masterz?

How pumped are you to see these guides?!?!?

SOUNDS AWESOME WOLOLOLOL<3~!~!!!@@@##@!@@@@@
83%
COOL!
6%
meh
9%
bad idea
2%

Total votes: 47

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

We have an extremely good guide from Goodspeed, by far the best out there, and it covers everything from each civ's BO's, scouting, timings, and much more. However, altough he covers a lot about every civ [strike]Sioux,[/strike] Goodspeed does not go as deep as some might like into each civ's little details, possible builds, and quirks that you get to know once you have played many thousands of games with one specific civ. That is why I am asking if high level players could write a guide for their home civ. This would be an unforgettable help to all players, help straighten the community, and solidify eso-community's position as the new main AOE3 hub. I don't have anything to offer, so if the pro's agree to do this, they would do it purely out of their passion for this game and their desire to strengthen and prolong the life of the community. My reccomandations for who should wite each guide are below, but I do not know everybody very well so it is possible I could be mistaken. Even if not everybody agrees to do this and we do not have a complete guide for all 14 civs, it would still be a huge help to get at least some of them.

Aztec: Garja
Germany: Mitoe or Blackstar_OP
Spain: Interjection (or maybe Garja/Umeu if the master does not agree)
India: H2o or blackstar_op
Sioux: Blackstar_op or nagayumi
Dutch: h2o or mitoe
Russia: blackstar_op or garja
Portugese: no idea, my bet guess is umeu
French: samwise after he gets a chance to test new meta, or blackstar
Japan: H2o or blackstar
China: Nagayumi or boneng
Otto: Also not sure, going with umeu again
British: Veni_vidi_vici_w?
Iro: Not sure, maybe blackstar?

I don't often talk to most of these players, so it would be best if an admin on this site or someone ike that would talk to them.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

its a great idea but i doubt they have time to do that
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

hazza54321 wrote:its a great idea but i doubt they have time to do that
Yeah, I reccomended some players for multiple civs, but even if they do only 1 it would still be great. We could hopefully coplete the list of 14 as time goes on and as I get to PR35+ ofc :P
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

ovi12 wrote:
hazza54321 wrote:its a great idea but i doubt they have time to do that
Yeah, I reccomended some players for multiple civs, but even if they do only 1 it would still be great. We could hopefully coplete the list of 14 as time goes on and as I get to PR35+ ofc :P

Interjection spain lol?
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Dutch guide: resign.
German guide: make uhlans, win game.
Otto guide: make jans, eat popcorn, win game.

GL HF
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I've played all the Civs pretty much at different times. I would say you are better off having a guide of that depth at the matchup level. It's much more relevant to have a guide on specific match ups.

Also I think there's still things people do that are not the best. China for example. I would say I know that civ in the current meta better than the people listed even though I do not play that civ much today.

The only big surprise for me so far has been suiox being able to play fortress. It's just been assumed to be off the table for so long that it was a pleasant surprise to see it is actually strong.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

princeofkabul wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Yeah, I reccomended some players for multiple civs, but even if they do only 1 it would still be great. We could hopefully coplete the list of 14 as time goes on and as I get to PR35+ ofc :P
Interjection spain lol?
was joke XD
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

mitoe wrote:Dutch guide: resign.

GL HF
Hmmmm with Dutch persoanlly I would go for "self destruct all buildings and vills" strategy, but I guess you''re the expert.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

h2o wrote:I''ve played all the Civs pretty much at different times. I would say you are better off having a guide of that depth at the matchup level. It''s much more relevant to have a guide on specific match ups.
Yeah that would be really cool too, we won''t have all of them instantly ofc but hopefully we could accumulate most of the matchups over time. We kindda need someone to kickstart it tho, I know you''re busy but maybe you convince someone to do it :D
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

h2o wrote:I would say you are better off having a guide of that depth at the matchup level. It''s much more relevant to have a guide on specific match ups.
This.

My guide covers most possible build orders, it just doesn''t go into specifics as to when to use which. It''s something I might have included if I''d played this patch more, but still it''s the kind of stuff even high level players often disagree about and the meta is changing too much to write anything about it with enough confidence that it''ll stay that way.

Also I don''t think anyone will want to give away how they think the game should be played months before a big tournament.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

That would be great but as GS said, people won't do that.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

I would :). I have been giving away all sorts of stuff and plan to continue doing so!
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Post by cowhax »

I've been thinking about wanting to see some sort of Mythbusters for AoE3 that explores why certain cards are bad to send, why some civs are bad on certain maps, why some units are bad overall, etc.. It could involve many of the things you don't see in competitive play. Like Churches/monasteries and Saloon units... aging up with the bishop or cows etc.. etc.. I'd rather see that, and it'd only really require one good, trustworthy player to make the video series.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

cowhax wrote:I''ve been thinking about wanting to see some sort of Mythbusters for AoE3 that explores why certain cards are bad to send, why some civs are bad on certain maps, why some units are bad overall, etc.. It could involve many of the things you don''t see in competitive play. Like Churches/monasteries and Saloon units... aging up with the bishop or cows etc.. etc.. I''d rather see that, and it''d only really require one good, trustworthy player to make the video series.
But that''s stuff every PR 25+ already knows, and the ''guide'' we are talking about is for top play.
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Post by cowhax »

Yeah but writing guides is way more of an involved effort IMO. Video making can be more improvised. And if those are things every PR 25+ already knows, then how is a high-level guide going to be much better? At high levels, the factor of adaptation and reaction is way more important than a comprehensive how-to guide. Reading "not letting my vills get caught by a raid" doesn't prevent it from happening. It takes personal growth.
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

ovi12 wrote:We have an extremely good guide from Goodspeed, by far the best out there, and it covers everything from each civ''s BO''s, scouting, timings, and much more. However, altough he covers a lot about every civ [strike]Sioux,[/strike] Goodspeed does not go as deep as some might like into each civ''s little details, possible builds, and quirks that you get to know once you have played many thousands of games with one specific civ. That is why I am asking if high level players could write a guide for their home civ. This would be an unforgettable help to all players, help straighten the community, and solidify eso-community''s position as the new main AOE3 hub. I don''t have anything to offer, so if the pro''s agree to do this, they would do it purely out of their passion for this game and their desire to strengthen and prolong the life of the community. My reccomandations for who should wite each guide are below, but I do not know everybody very well so it is possible I could be mistaken. Even if not everybody agrees to do this and we do not have a complete guide for all 14 civs, it would still be a huge help to get at least some of them.

Aztec: Garja
Germany: Mitoe or Blackstar_OP
Spain: Interjection (or maybe Garja/Umeu if the master does not agree)
India: H2o or blackstar_op
Sioux: Blackstar_op or nagayumi
Dutch: h2o or mitoe
Russia: blackstar_op or garja
Portugese: no idea, my bet guess is umeu
French: samwise after he gets a chance to test new meta, or blackstar
Japan: H2o or blackstar
China: Nagayumi or boneng
Otto: Also not sure, going with umeu again
British: Veni_vidi_vici_w?
Iro: Not sure, maybe blackstar?

I don''t often talk to most of these players, so it would be best if an admin on this site or someone ike that would talk to them.

British is h2o bro :3 and iro too i think... dutch is musket junior
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by bart331 »

This is all a bit subjective , different players have different styles, and all ahbe their pros and cons. Its not like one has the "best". It is better to just divide it as much as possible. Ideally some proper writeups accompanied with some good recs are welcome from everyone imo
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Challe has nice ports as well, and i dont have much experience with the tad spain, garja knows more.
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

h2o wrote:I''ve played all the Civs pretty much at different times. I would say you are better off having a guide of that depth at the matchup level. It''s much more relevant to have a guide on specific match ups.

Also I think there''s still things people do that are not the best. China for example. I would say I know that civ in the current meta better than the people listed even though I do not play that civ much today.

The only big surprise for me so far has been suiox being able to play fortress. It''s just been assumed to be off the table for so long that it was a pleasant surprise to see it is actually strong.
would you still prefer the porcelain tower over the confusion academy as you did with samwise and flooky?
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

That's a mirror build on the fan patch. I would need to look at the fp notes and see if I still would. It was a really useful adaption since the tower gives a lot of wood trickle. Actually i bet it is still good in the mirror and in matchups where you can ff without getting pressured.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

mitoe wrote:Dutch guide: resign.

GL HF
TY for your time, I''m waiting for the other pros! :P (rofl) :D

OK, now for real.
This Idea is awesome, but as some said, not everyone might agree to write down their thoughts on their best civ, so making a list of names like this might be hard.
I would make it open for people to volunteer to write the guides, i''m sure we will have quite a few players helping..
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

And for Brits, GS with his Virginia play.. haha
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

Garja already has a mostly complete guide for the aztecs. It tells you when to use certain strategies but doesn't talk about civ matchups, only mentioning that because you said something about it earlier. It is an awesome guide and it brings up some very subtle points that an experienced player new to the aztecs may not know about.

www.rts-sanctuary.com/Age-Of-Empires-3/showtopic=219301
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

h2o wrote:I would :). I have been giving away all sorts of stuff and plan to continue doing so!
Thats very kind of you, but every knows you are likely to win anyway lol
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Aztec: Goodspeed
Germany: Goodspeed
Spain: Goodspeed
India: Goodspeed
Sioux: What's this?
Dutch: Goodspeed