Piroshiki FF spain

No Flag bugattivitesse
Skirmisher

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by bugattivitesse »

I have heard that it is a really good strategy, so i would like to learn it. I tried to do just a spain ff on single player and was pretty happy with how it turned out.

I did: 3 vils>'700 coin>'10 pikes>'2 falcs>'4 lancers>' than all the other military shipments

Is this the basic idea he does?

I did this on Deccan, so my eco was a little inflated. I built a TP and a house in age 1 since i got a lot of starting wood. What else should i be doing?

Any help is appreciated!
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by Jaeger »

There are 12, 10, and 8 pike shipments in case you didn't know :P.

That's the basic idea tho of a Spanish ff, 3 vills 700g (usually 700w after this) then whatever military shipments you need.
This is pretty much what piroshiki does, but he puts a twist on it' he ages up with 12 villagers to colonial instead of the normal 15 or 16, so he gets a faster age 3 times but his eco is very bad. Generally, the 12 villager option is pretty bad. If you want to play Spain, this is how I suggest you do it:

Ship 3 villagers first card, and try to go for early hunting dogs if you can. Age up with 15 or 16 vilagers (usually 16) with the Governor politician, who grants you a tower+200g. In transition, gather 200w and build a TP. Also, make sure you have 100g when you age up, and have 2 vills in quee at your TC. Your first card in age2 should be 700g. The 700g combined with 200g from age up plus 1000g gives you the 1000g you need to age up. If you do it right you should be able to start aging up to fortress around 5:30-5:45 with either the 8 pike or 4 huss politician. After then 700g, send 700w and 5 vills. With the 700w, make a barracks and 5 houses. Also, keep around 3-4 villagers on wood, you will need the wood for houses later on. From the rax you should have time to make 5-10 musks before you are aged up,and once you are up you should immediately start making skirms. Once you are in age 3, there are many different things you can do.

Vs colonial civs (such as british and Japan) I like to send 2 falcs>'12 pike>'4 lancers, and commit when the 4 lancers come. Your 20 pike will make the falcs untouchable for cav. Your opponent knows this so he will probably just try to mass a lot of musks and just shoot the cannons down. However, your 4 lancers will be in time and deal insane damage while the musks are shooting down the falconets. You will probably loose the falcs, but your 20 pike+skirms+lancers will usually finish off the rest of the army.

Vs fortress civs (like french) it's a bit harder since they have falconets too. I prefer to age up with 4 huss vs those civs and ship lancers, abusing he fact that people dont make cav that early vs spain so you can out-comp them early with 4 huss 4 lancers+5 skirms+10 musk. Sometimes they will ship falcs first, assuming that you will too and then they can just loose them to cav (huge win for you) If that fails, just try to go for a lot of rods/pike+5 huss shipment+2 falconets and ram everything in there and pray that it works.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

ovi12 wrote:There are 12, 10, and 8 pike shipments in case you didn''t know :P.

That''s the basic idea tho of a Spanish ff, 3 vills 700g (usually 700w after this) then whatever military shipments you need.
This is pretty much what piroshiki does, but he puts a twist on it' he ages up with 12 villagers to colonial instead of the normal 15 or 16, so he gets a faster age 3 times but his eco is very bad. Generally, the 12 villager option is pretty bad. If you want to play Spain, this is how I suggest you do it:

Ship 3 villagers first card, and try to go for early hunting dogs if you can. Age up with 15 or 16 vilagers (usually 16) with the Governor politician, who grants you a tower+200g. In transition, gather 200w and build a TP. Also, make sure you have 100g when you age up, and have 2 vills in quee at your TC. Your first card in age2 should be 700g. The 700g combined with 200g from age up plus 1000g gives you the 1000g you need to age up. If you do it right you should be able to start aging up to fortress around 5:30-5:45 with either the 8 pike or 4 huss politician. After then 700g, send 700w and 5 vills. With the 700w, make a barracks and 5 houses. Also, keep around 3-4 villagers on wood, you will need the wood for houses later on. From the rax you should have time to make 5-10 musks before you are aged up,and once you are up you should immediately start making skirms. Once you are in age 3, there are many different things you can do.

Vs colonial civs (such as british and Japan) I like to send 2 falcs>'12 pike>'4 lancers, and commit when the 4 lancers come. Your 20 pike will make the falcs untouchable for cav. Your opponent knows this so he will probably just try to mass a lot of musks and just shoot the cannons down. However, your 4 lancers will be in time and deal insane damage while the musks are shooting down the falconets. You will probably loose the falcs, but your 20 pike+skirms+lancers will usually finish off the rest of the army.

Vs fortress civs (like french) it''s a bit harder since they have falconets too. I prefer to age up with 4 huss vs those civs and ship lancers, abusing he fact that people dont make cav that early vs spain so you can out-comp them early with 4 huss 4 lancers+5 skirms+10 musk. Sometimes they will ship falcs first, assuming that you will too and then they can just loose them to cav (huge win for you) If that fails, just try to go for a lot of rods/pike+5 huss shipment+2 falconets and ram everything in there and pray that it works.
Piroshiki''s strat: if 200w, build a tp and no houses, age up with 9+3 vills. While aging, just gather 100g+ as much food as you can, age 2 send 700g/700w/8pikes age with 8pikes, with 700w rax+houses and age3 you can push very early with 5musk+16pikes+2falcs+5 dogs. Then send 12 pikes and make skirm.
If you have an other start, it is bad Imo, do the same but 1house instead of tp=>' no 8pikes shipment.

Your BO is too eco, spain has to all in, so you should age up 15 and send 8pikes instead of 5vills.
Also, don''t send 4lancer and push ASAP. If you wait for 3 shipments vs Brit to push, you''ll get totally outmassed.
Vs age3 civs, you should also send the 2 falcs asap and push. If you can''t win a canon fight, why do you play spain?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by Garja »

It's not good. The -3 vills (-4) at the age up barely speed your age up by 25 second. And the tp is redundant as you get it in transition to colo anyway.
The times when this all in works coincide with the times that a less all in build would work too.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by deleted_user0 »

It speeds you up by 45 sec compared to 18v, 1 min compared to 19v and 20 sec compared to 15 into 16v.

I agree tho that the 15 into 16 all in is often better. I dont think the early tp is redundant though, it does give an extra shimpent at the 10 min compared to the 1 in transition. Because iirc he gets a 2nd tp in trans at times. Though im not sure.

In some mus 20 sec can make a difference though.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by Mitoe »

Well sometimes he ships 300w second to take the TP line. I've even seen him do 3v, 300w, coin trickle, 700c before.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ye that seems shitty
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by Garja »

umeu wrote:It speeds you up by 45 sec compared to 18v, 1 min compared to 19v and 20 sec compared to 15 into 16v.

I agree tho that the 15 into 16 all in is often better. I dont think the early tp is redundant though, it does give an extra shimpent at the 10 min compared to the 1 in transition. Because iirc he gets a 2nd tp in trans at times. Though im not sure.

Ye but I mean 12v vs 15v wich is the standard all in. And the TP is bad if you think you will be getting treasures instead.
Image Image Image
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by fei123456 »

garja wrote:
umeu wrote:It speeds you up by 45 sec compared to 18v, 1 min compared to 19v and 20 sec compared to 15 into 16v.

Ye but I mean 12v vs 15v wich is the standard all in. And the TP is bad if you think you will be getting treasures instead.

how to counter this with iroq? i tried to have an all-in rush, but spain mm+dog are terrible.
then i send 600w to train kanya, and when he pushes vs only 14pike+2falconet+5dog, i have 9 kanya and 20+ toma/aenna. but all my army died without killing even one falconet! lol
seems that every pike of piroshiki is playing dota
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by SoldieR »

Becoming legend
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by _H2O »

garja wrote:It''s not good. The -3 vills (-4) at the age up barely speed your age up by 25 second. And the tp is redundant as you get it in transition to colo anyway.
The times when this all in works coincide with the times that a less all in build would work too.

This is true
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by fei123456 »

piroshiki is god and rafuuuu is christ
rafuuuu lives in south dakota, the great plains, he rides a bison instead of a car.
No Flag bugattivitesse
Skirmisher

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by bugattivitesse »

Thanks guys! I appreciate it! I'm looking for some Piroshiki recs, so if you know of any good ones, links would be great.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Piroshiki FF spain

bugattivitesse wrote:Thanks guys! I appreciate it! I''m looking for some Piroshiki recs, so if you know of any god ones, links would be great.
Piroshiki sucks, I don''t know how he is colonel lol. If you want to improve, watch kakusama or garja.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by _H2O »

Or the ryanmankle account I play Spain on that :)
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Piroshiki FF spain

h2o wrote:Or the ryanmankle account I play Spain on that :)
You''re not easy to copy :p
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by Jaeger »

diarouga wrote:
ovi12 wrote:There are 12, 10, and 8 pike shipments in case you didnt know :P.

Thats the basic idea tho of a Spanish ff, 3 vills 700g (usually 700w after this) then whatever military shipments you need.

Vs fortress civs (like french) its a bit harder since they have falconets too. I prefer to age up with 4 huss vs those civs and ship lancers, abusing he fact that people dont make cav that early vs spain so you can out-comp them early with 4 huss 4 lancers+5 skirms+10 musk. Sometimes they will ship falcs first, assuming that you will too and then they can just loose them to cav (huge win for you) If that fails, just try to go for a lot of rods/pike+5 huss shipment+2 falconets and ram everything in there and pray that it works.
Piroshikis strat: if 200w, build a tp and no houses, age up with 9+3 vills. While aging, just gather 100g+ as much food as you can, age 2 send 700g/700w/8pikes age with 8pikes, with 700w rax+houses and age3 you can push very early with 5musk+16pikes+2falcs+5 dogs. Then send 12 pikes and make skirm.
If you have an other start, it is bad Imo, do the same but 1house instead of tp=>' no 8pikes shipment.

Your BO is too eco, spain has to all in, so you should age up 15 and send 8pikes instead of 5vills.
Also, dont send 4lancer and push ASAP. If you wait for 3 shipments vs Brit to push, youll get totally outmassed.
Vs age3 civs, you should also send the 2 falcs asap and push. If you cant win a canon fight, why do you play spain?
Spain is fun lol, and I dont wait 3 shipments, I try to poke in with falcs but I try not to commit until 4 lancers come, tho many times the fight happens just as they are otw, so an xp treasure is really helps to get them there faster. the 5 vills allows you yo make constant 5 skirms from rax and more dogs. H2o plays it with 5 vills 16 vills up as well.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Piroshiki FF spain

ovi12 wrote:
diarouga wrote:Piroshikis strat: if 200w, build a tp and no houses, age up with 9+3 vills. While aging, just gather 100g+ as much food as you can, age 2 send 700g/700w/8pikes age with 8pikes, with 700w rax+houses and age3 you can push very early with 5musk+16pikes+2falcs+5 dogs. Then send 12 pikes and make skirm.

Also, dont send 4lancer and push ASAP. If you wait for 3 shipments vs Brit to push, youll get totally outmassed.
Vs age3 civs, you should also send the 2 falcs asap and push. If you cant win a canon fight, why do you play spain?
Spain is fun lol, and I dont wait 3 shipments, I try to poke in with falcs but I try not to commit until 4 lancers come, tho many times the fight happens just as they are otw, so an xp treasure is really helps to get them there faster. the 5 vills allows you yo make constant 5 skirms from rax and more dogs. H2o plays it with 5 vills 16 vills up as well.
With spain you want to kill your opponent early, so all in is viable.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by SoldieR »

When I get home tonight I'll post a piro rec in rec forum
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by Jaeger »

iamsoldier wrote:When I get home tonight I''ll post a piro rec in rec forum
Wheres that piro rec
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by yurashic »

In fact, usually piroshiki ff is the best way to play Spain. Those 40 seconds mean so much...
If you play vs Dutch and come at 7.40, you can siege his tc and win because he will have nothing. If you come 40 sec later he will have 9 ruyter shipped and 10 made, so it will be much harder to win.
If you play vs China and come at 7.40, he will only have 8 arqu + free army. If you come 40 sec later he will have a batch of fortress age units and 5 meteor hammers that will kill your cannons in a couple hits.
If you play vs Otto and he does jan rush, you are much more likely to survive and dont lose your tc. Same for sepoy rush and other.
If you play vs Britain or Japan they will have like 15-20 less units at 7.40 than 40 sec later, while you will have around the same number of soldiers.
And there are many other examples.
Here is a rec of this build, found at RTS sanctuary.
Attachments
[RE SP] piroshiki[SP] vs poissondu44[OT] - SilkRoad.age3yrec
(394.45 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Silk Road
Silk Road
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 12 minutes
France iNcog
Ninja

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by iNcog »

that's actually a pretty interesting post yurashic

though doesn't that make spain an all-in civ? which is easy to counter
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Piroshiki FF spain

incog wrote:that''s actually a pretty interesting post yurashic

though doesn''t that make spain an all-in civ? which is easy to counter
Spain is an all-in civ, they are weak but not so easy to counter.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by Garja »

Omg you guys are serious with the piroshiki thing?
Image Image Image
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Piroshiki FF spain

Post by Jaeger »

garja wrote:Omg you guys are serious with the piroshiki thing?
lol ikr