Should I just give up

United States of America jamesmp98
Dragoon
ESO: jamesmp98

Should I just give up

Post by jamesmp98 »

LOL. I've owned this game for two years now, played it a good bit, and I'm still terrible :P

Should I just quit playing?
best german stratgey

1. age with 3 settler wagon
2. make pike
3. push
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Should I just give up

Post by momuuu »

No, being good is less fun anyways. The better you get, the more balance just fucks you, the saltier and more disrespectful the opponents and the longer you have to wait to get games. Just stay as shitty as you can while still playing as much as you want to play.

Ps: the feeling that you suck is the feeling about 95-99% of the community shares.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

jamesmp98 wrote:LOL. I've owned this game for two years now, played it a good bit, and I'm still terrible :P

Don't quit. You don't have to be good to have fun.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
No Flag DemonDog
Skirmisher

Post by DemonDog »

jamesmp98 wrote:LOL. I've owned this game for two years now, played it a good bit, and I'm still terrible :P

Tell me what you do know about the game and I can probably make you decent.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jerom wrote:No, being good is less fun anyways. The better you get, the more balance just fucks you, the saltier and more disrespectful the opponents and the longer you have to wait to get games. Just stay as shitty as you can while still playing as much as you want to play.

Ps: the feeling that you suck is the feeling about 95-99% of the community shares.

Yesh
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
ESO: Mvp618

Post by Mvp618 »

Jerom wrote:No, being good is less fun anyways. The better you get, the more balance just fucks you, the saltier and more disrespectful the opponents and the longer you have to wait to get games. Just stay as shitty as you can while still playing as much as you want to play.

This must be why you enjoy the game so much.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Jerom wrote:No, being good is less fun anyways.

How can you know since you've never been good ? 19
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yeah you probably should what's the point of doing anything if you're not good at it anyways
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

deleted_user wrote:Yeah you probably should what's the point of doing anything if you're not good at it anyways

Then why so you still play? :uglylol:

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

not sure
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

deleted_user wrote:Yeah you probably should what's the point of doing anything if you're not good at it anyways

Lol it doesn't matter if you're good it matters if you enjoy it
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

for like the longest time I was just a mediocre player, then I learned a few things mainly from blackthoughts and other you tube vids, soon just got it and improved immensely.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

After 2 years I was MS in nilla lol.
Keep playing, learn build orders and execute them as well as top players and when you lose a game, always ask yourself why (you can also blame garja but it won't help you).
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

the great thing about games is that you're allowed to play 'em casually
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Jerom wrote:No, being good is less fun anyways.

How can you know since you've never been good ? 19

I still regret the day I tried to become better. Life was much greater when I was still pr17. Anyhow, maybe the saltfest, continuous dodging and waiting 30 minutes for a fair game is great, could be. Im assuming its not.
No Flag watching
Crossbow

Post by watching »

You've only had 62 official games. To master anything requires alot of time/repetition and insight. If you really care about getting better try to get 500 games at least under your belt. I am sure by that time u'll be alot better. Work at small improvements like never forget making vills, herding, being less wastefull with villager seconds and stuff like that. Once you get better move on to improving more advanced stuff.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I also find it's hard to improve at AoE3, or any game really, unless you actually have someone to play with regularly who's also interested in getting better. I played 100s (if not 1000s) of 1v1s with Cohenski—and later H2O—and feel like I would still be PR20-25 if not for that.

But with that said, no! Of course you shouldn't give up XD You're probably not half bad, either.

If I could give any advice for improving, it would be this: don't be afraid of losing and don't go hunting easy games. You learn way more from losing than you do from winning (if you actually take the time to think about the game afterward, that is), and from challenging yourself with harder games. Don't be afraid to experiment with crazy builds or mechanics, it can only help you in the long-term.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Honestly it just depends on people I think. Also on how old you are. From what I've seen, people around 20 yo are often trying harder than younger or older people, who play more casually.
Some people just like to play competitively, they like challenge, they want more. Some like to just play casually and enjoy their stuff. Just ask yourself on what side you are. If you want to rank up and get better, then just try to play with slightly better players, play 1 civ 1 strat to improve your mechanics, record your games, ask for advice, watch stream/obs players etc. If you just want to play casually, then not much to do, just enjoy it.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

If you play with friends for fun, you can continue.
If you play for rank or expect to improve, so you have more competitive intentions, imo you should move on. It takes years to get to a decent level, and since this game has no future, if you planned to get to a competitive level, better move on to something else. This game doesn't have any future.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Is playing still fun? If yes don't stop, if no maybe it's time to quit.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

I wish I never tried to improve playing this game lol, because I lost interest in the game due to reason xD

I love the time when I used to play sandbox computer and didnt attack till i have imperial age, all upgrades and 200/200 pop

Losing to medium maurice of nassau was main reason for me to think to improve, fuck him ;(
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

this game IS the future Image
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Italy arcangelusregis
Skirmisher

Post by arcangelusregis »

you should quit and give me your account and password .
One day i'll be Colonel, you will play with me, and you'll lose
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

watching wrote:You've only had 62 official games. To master anything requires alot of time/repetition and insight. If you really care about getting better try to get 500 games at least under your belt. I am sure by that time u'll be alot better. Work at small improvements like never forget making vills, herding, being less wastefull with villager seconds and stuff like that. Once you get better move on to improving more advanced stuff.

500 is not enough, it's rather 1500