Post by pecelot »

@Jerom , thanks for the shout-out! I'm one of them :hmm:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: a civ for a newbee

Post by zoom »

Hazza54321 wrote:Why aztec
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Definitely not aztec.
sdsanft wrote:Why german and india?
Resolute wrote:Hello again! I've created the new topic to not litter on the forum. What's a good civ that's competitve at all game stages? I like universal armies in all RTS. Some advice about their playstyle? Thank you guys in advance!
I never said it would be easy...
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

They're competitive at all stages but they aren't good for noobs. Did you even read the topic title?

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

sdsanft wrote:They're competitive at all stages but they aren't good for noobs. Did you even read the topic title?
How are they not?

I certainly did. It seems I'm the only one to have read the OP as well, though.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

zoom wrote:
sdsanft wrote:They're competitive at all stages but they aren't good for noobs. Did you even read the topic title?
How are they not?

If your new that means you are probably not very good and not familiar with the mechanics of the game. Those civs are hard to play and they punish you for not having very goodechanics which is why they aren't good for noobs.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I read the OP too, I just couldnt bear advising france.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

sdsanft wrote:
zoom wrote:
How are they not?

If your new that means you are probably not very good and not familiar with the mechanics of the game. Those civs are hard to play and they punish you for not having very goodechanics which is why they aren't good for noobs.
That depends on what your idea of "good for noobs" is. If it is performance then no, they aren't good.
No Flag Resolute
Crossbow

Post by Resolute »

in what cases should I use FF or semi-FF tactics? to my mind, FF's good if I can't compete with an enemy in colonial stage and I need fortress units ASAP. The second situation is that my enemy has great boom and I need to stop him. semi-FF's is the FF option and depends on your wish: it's possible to use against boom civs or if I need to protect territory from rushing unless I make the fortress. Am I right?
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Dude just pick a civ and try out its different build orders and relax. It's really ur choice and it doesn't matter what civ u choose what matters is that u have fun with it and are open to experimenting with other civs. U can get really good starting with any civ. Boneng started with ottos, I started with India and another guy I know started with Sioux so it really doesn't matter.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Carlsberg
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

whichever one you like the best. i don't believe ottomans is the best one as it will make you a worse player in the long run. actually I think only experts should play ottomans otherwise you will get in the bad habit of not making vils all the time, one of the worst bad habits a new player can have other than idling them. yeah it will be easier to win if you don't have to worry about making vils, but you should focus on learning the game not just winning against low PRs. Traditionally people say spain and france, i don't get why spain, i guess because it is a simple civ and teaches you the basics of micro and macro with it's strats/units but I would prefer france because you get a gathering boost from CDB and they are generally more viable and solid civ.