How can i battle and conquer the map?

Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

How can i battle and conquer the map?

Post by NekoBerk »

Hi, i'm NekoBerk and i am a british player, my opponents tend to beat me with a simple strategy, "They just control all the map and i die of hunger", i'm a player who prefers be defensive and just make a great boom, but this is a problem when i don't have animals in my city :/ around the min 10, and when i try to get some animals my opponent just come to raid and kill my vills :P, i don't know what can i do for control the map, can you give me some advices ?
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: How can i battle and conquer the map?

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

If you re a defensive player, do a timing push. At 9min, try to have as many units as possible and push to get the map.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

you need to push out on the map with a strong army so that you can gather the resources which are out on the map
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag S_I_D_aoe3
Crossbow

Post by S_I_D_aoe3 »

Lol you shouldn't have any problem with map control with the British. There are so many tools are your disposal and since britz are such a food heavy civ you have to get map control and have a decent amount of LoS. I don't personally think British should really be defensive (depending on mu obv). Use manors for LoS to put in front of herds and have a pretty open base or even forward base with your outpost and barracks if you can hold it. Im a devout British player and I have never really had that trouble. If your that defensive then maybe try and relearn British a bit or find a civ that better suites your defensive play style. Best of luck.
LP-33
Italy arcangelusregis
Skirmisher

Post by arcangelusregis »

brits should be aggressive indeed.. the only way u can be defensive is to split batches of musks to all the hunts so that the opponent can t raid them and u can have an eco strong enough to outmass him( don t even think to do this with china ) .. the walls should be made by musks and no true walls .. the tower should be the crucial point where u take map control, possibly near an hunt and a rack(in a mirror u wanna go early double racks instead and push like hell to siege his racks ).. generally i like to do a late timing at 8-9 minutes(exactly when he ages up after the semi ff) with 30-35 vills and maaaaany musk/lb.. like 60 of them if ur bo and treasures were good
One day i'll be Colonel, you will play with me, and you'll lose
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

I heavily dislike the 3v, 700w build tbh
You are not aggressive enough with one rax/stable and not boomy enough to go into the defense.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

have courage young one! and use the force!With your consciousness focused on the great being you will know where the enemy rests and strike him down in the darkest corners of the map! Thus shall you do battle with the enemy and conquer him!
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

You need to be continually gaining access to new hunts and mines as British, not camping in your base. If you are concerned about raiding, build towers on far away resources, and make forward manors to provide LOS so you can be aware of raids before they happen.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer

Post by NekoBerk »

And what did you do for improve your map control guys?

"And we hate po-po
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

in some brit mirrors I played with @EAGLEMUT he rushed the middle with like 4 vills to take map control and then let me starve from having no more hunts as I wasn't able to successfully break his FB with relatively equal numbers
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

NekoBerk wrote:And what did you do for improve your map control guys?

Basically what people are saying is that you can't camp in your base with Brits. You can either change your playstyle to be more aggressive or play Japan. You can still camp in your base on water maps to a point using the Schooners card and fishing boats, but eventually, you'll have to push out for hunts (water just delays how long you have until this happens).

In British mirrors, most people age with the Governor, chop for some manor houses + a barracks in the transition from age 1-2, and put the rax and outpost at half map. They then make musketeers and pretty much constantly fight over hunts. Not doing this on a land map just makes it more likely that you'll be starved. Of course, you can do a timing push, but this is riskier because if you fail to break their FB then you don't really get a second chance. It's easier and better to play aggressive, and Brits are quite good at it (either with Musk + Huss or lbow + pike + huss)
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer

Post by NekoBerk »

forgrin wrote:

Basically what people are saying is that you can't camp in your base with Brits. You can either change your playstyle to be more aggressive or play Japan. You can still camp in your base on water maps to a point using the Schooners card and fishing boats, but eventually, you'll have to push out for hunts (water just delays how long you have until this happens).

In British mirrors, most people age with the Governor, chop for some manor houses + a barracks in the transition from age 1-2, and put the rax and outpost at half map. They then make musketeers and pretty much constantly fight over hunts. Not doing this on a land map just makes it more likely that you'll be starved. Of course, you can do a timing push, but this is riskier because if you fail to break their FB then you don't really get a second chance. It's easier and better to play aggressive, and Brits are quite good at it (either with Musk + Huss or lbow + pike + huss)

Yesterday i just played against a guy who used india, and he did that sepoy rush but i stopped it with the bad luck that i lost like 6 vills fighting and trying to stop him. Then when he stopped of rushing, i was starting to have a good boom but i didn't have animals near my TC, i tried to get some animals but he already herded them, he had villagers in all the herds, he killed me of hunger because he was pushing me a lot of times and he didn't let me to conquer the map, he even had wall pillars around all the herds for have more line of vision, it's safe to say that he had a great map control. We played in ESOC Mendocino, Brits vs India.

"And we hate po-po
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

NekoBerk wrote:
forgrin wrote:

Yesterday i just played against a guy who used india, and he did that sepoy rush but i stopped it with the bad luck that i lost like 6 vills fighting and trying to stop him. Then when he stopped of rushing, i was starting to have a good boom but i didn't have animals near my TC, i tried to get some animals but he already herded them, he had villagers in all the herds, he killed me of hunger because he was pushing me a lot of times and he didn't let me to conquer the map, he even had wall pillars around all the herds for have more line of vision, it's safe to say that he had a great map control. We played in ESOC Mendocino, Brits vs India.

India, along with Russia and Aztec, are the exceptions to what I said before. Vs India you should do a timing push with lbow + Huss + musk but the MU is much harder to play from Brit's side I think, so if you play another civ like France you might want to do that instead (France deals with India fairly easily). If they did the 12 sepoy 10/10 rush then you should build some walls and longbow and hold it pretty easily with a good MM pop. You can scout that easily by just checking if they build a house before starting to age up or not.

Also you probably know this but losing 6 vills to 12 sepoy is quite bad. If you know India will try to rush then make sure you herd really well and back your vills off from the far-off dead animals when he ages up.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

vs india the tower ageup should be nice, you can 2 shot sepoy with the tc+tower, and you get LOS+an extra place to hide vills.

But yeah, generally you want to have as many units as possible at minute X and break their FB. After that you can choose what you want to do: keeping the pressure up, or going greedy.

Spain NekoBerk
Lancer

Post by NekoBerk »

macacoalbino wrote:vs india the tower ageup should be nice, you can 2 shot sepoy with the tc+tower, and you get LOS+an extra place to hide vills.

But yeah, generally you want to have as many units as possible at minute X and break their FB. After that you can choose what you want to do: keeping the pressure up, or going greedy.

Ok, i just confirmed that trying to beat india with brits is really hard, it's like India > Brits, so i think that i might use frenchs against then, what should i do with frenchs against india when they rush? TP boom and Semi-ff musk?

"And we hate po-po
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

cav semi, ship falcs
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Dont cav semi if they sepoy rush its really hard to hold and you will need 8xbow shipment. Musk semi is safer imo
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

If you like defend and boom. Go jap, Wall yumi op
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers: