Starting Mosque with Otto

United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Starting Mosque with Otto

Post by Darwin_ »

So I have been toying around with what to do with Ottoman on non-tp maps for the past few days. With the release of EP 2.0, Otto are now pretty strong in team play, and IMO much more competitive in 1v1. Abus guns are trash, but jan/huss is still very strong.

To be fair, this topic doesnt really have any finished builds, but just a few ideas regarding high-eco starts on non TP Maps.

The build I have been toying with has been the Mosque Start. This is strongest on non-tp maps and with a 400 wood start, though it can still be done with 300 wood with wood treasures or gathering required. Essentially, you just build a mosque and a house and get the first vill training upgrade. Mosques are 150 wood, and have a XP trickle of .7, which is proportionally almost as much as a TP. In addition, the first vill training upgrade makes your vills train 5 seconds faster, which gives you effectively an extra villager by around 7 minutes. Your 3 vills also comes around 10 seconds earlier than otto with no TP. This start seems surprisingly strong to me.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Starting Mosque with Otto

Post by Kaiserklein »

Abus guns are trash ? :hmm:
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America saveyourskill
Skirmisher

Post by saveyourskill »

Other civs get 10 xp for training a settler every 25 seconds. Ottoman doesn't get the xp from their settlers being trained so the .4 xp per sec on re makes up for that and on the fan patch your just getting .3 more than the other civs. Abus guns are still good. The thing about jan huss is that jan do 20 dmg and musk do 23 dmg and musk are cheaper(if you are using the huss to snare/tank). Not to sure about what is better earlier on, hunting dogs or the vill train time. For hard rush which otto eco on no tp maps are trash you pretty much have to do an age 2 rush so maybe getting the hunting dogs is better.
Got Badger Milk?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Abus Guns are useless, along with Dragoons and Uhlans.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Well duh, starting mosque on no tp is a must, and getting it if you will ff but cant defend outlying tps is goodas well, though u get it with excess wood of 400 or 700w.

I would go mosque over market on no tp. U dnt have enough vils to invest in market anyway. Just get market later
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Abus guns are probably not bad. Abus guns were still good when they had 26 attack or so on fp1.2
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Lol abus guns are still insanely good..... It's an age 2 skirm unit that has an insanely high base damage.......
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

Adbus guns ruin team games they are so good.
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump