What is the British standard play?

No Flag TheFoxQR
Crossbow
ESO: TheFoxQR

What is the British standard play?

Post by TheFoxQR »

What is the British standard play?? I play mostly on the RE patch.

Currently, if my opponent isn't rushing, I send VC as my first card, and then age up with 7-8 manors. This gives me a relatively late age up, but 5 vill and 700 wood cards make for a very strong eco.
Or, i send 3 vill, 5 vill, 4 vill as my first 3 cards, and then respond to my opponents as well as I can. What do the other players do?
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Re: What is the British standard play?

Post by _venox_ »

I think the standard play is to send 3 villagers, getting early market if possible, gangsaw + manor spam in transition, having 200w for a baracks ready upon age up, sending 700w for more manors, placer mines and steel traps if you don't have it already, sending 600w for possibly a second baracks and a stable and more houses. If you don't need the infrastructure 5 villagers after 700w is fine too but a case can be made to still send 600w because the experience you get for building 600w worth of buildings makes you reach your 4. shipment faster. In general the experience you gain from constructing buildings is why people send the wood shipments before villager shipments.
If you need to push out of your base to gain access to more resources you shouldn't send villagers but rather musketeer upgrades or resource/army shipments; this way you will have as many units as possible when you push out, to make sure it will work.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

TheFoxQR wrote:What is the British standard play?? I play mostly on the RE patch.

Currently, if my opponent isn't rushing, I send VC as my first card, and then age up with 7-8 manors. This gives me a relatively late age up, but 5 vill and 700 wood cards make for a very strong eco.
Or, i send 3 vill, 5 vill, 4 vill as my first 3 cards, and then respond to my opponents as well as I can. What do the other players do?
You shouldn't 3v 5v 4v as first cards, 3v is fine but then you want 700w to make other houses and a military building at least. Then you can send 5v 4v if you want, that's quite greedy though
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I wrote this up awhile ago: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5546&p=119149&hilit=british+standard+brit#p119149

Some of the stuff I do differently now such as the age up politicians, but the general idea and when to market and what cards to send are all the same.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

deleted_user wrote:I wrote this up awhile ago: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5546&p=119149&hilit=british+standard+brit#p119149

Some of the stuff I do differently now such as the age up politicians, but the general idea and when to market and what cards to send are all the same.

wow callen. A lovely guide. Well done.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Imo, the standart play is musk huss with :
3vils, 700w,5selters,600w
The point of sending 5s after 700w is that it make it possible to build a stable with 700w (considering u have built a rax when u aged up), and to produce unit from both building. I mean that won't be possible if u send 600w as second age 2 shipment because you will have less vills during a short time. What is good with this BO is that it can work vs anything if you do that well, in the opposit of others BO wich are generally more specific to counter a tactic.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

isn't it 3v 700w? then adapt.
700w 600w: aggro start (longbow pike, or go hussar)
700w 5v: eco start
700w 6longbow: anti rush
700w 700g: semiff
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I think generalllyyy 600w > 5v just because of the xp, pop space, and extra flexibility it allows for infrastructure. You get your 3rd shipment a bit faster, which is better long-term, and still it's a nice eco boost, because 600w into all manors is still 4 vills with some change. I even think it is better vs a rush, since it allows for more lbow spam and you can add some simple walls to make lbow op. Can hold a sepoy or jan rush easily this way. 700w then 700g I think only works if you VC and get early tp.

An interesting new build order is to age with 500f, no market (3 manors in transition), drop a stable right away and ship 5v first. The 5v allow for 5/5/maybe 5 again cav batches. Ship 700w second, drop a rax and manors.

This is supposed to do well against russia (and probably aztec too) since their musks kind of suck and cav + mm can clean up anything they bring at you until your 700w arrives and you can mix in musk of your own. Normally 700w first drops when russia is in your base and you can hardly collect it anyways. I'm on the fence about what to send after 700w though. Mayyyybe 6 musk for a timing push. If you get a good trade vs russia with a mm + huss catch, then 600w and boom is probably better.

I still don't know how I feel about it, but it's a fun build. Feels nice getting that many huss out that early at the very least.

All in all, I've been favoring 500f over tower + 200g in virtually every match up now (it's just more resources) besides the brit mirror. It's easy enough to just put ~4 vills on gold in transition to get the 125 for steel traps.

I've also been favoring unit upgrades sooner now, before 700g or 5v even in some match ups. That could be bad though, idk. Take everything I say with a grain of pr 28 salt.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

deleted_user wrote:I think generalllyyy 600w > 5v just because of the xp, pop space, and extra flexibility it allows for infrastructure. You get your 3rd shipment a bit faster, which is better long-term, and still it's a nice eco boost, because 600w into all manors is still 4 vills with some change. I even think it is better vs a rush, since it allows for more lbow spam and you can add some simple walls to make lbow op. Can hold a sepoy or jan rush easily this way. 700w > 700g I think only works if you VC and get early tp.

An interesting new build order is to age with 500f, no market (3 manors in transition), drop a stable right away and ship 5v first. The 5v allow for 5/5/maybe 5 again cav batches. Ship 700w second, drop a rax and manors.

This is supposed to do well against russia (and probably aztec too) since their musks kind of suck and cav + mm can clean up anything they bring at you until your 700w arrives and you can mix in musk of your own. Normally 700w first drops when russia is in your base and you can hardly collect it anyways. I'm on the fence about what to send after 700w though. Mayyyybe 6 musk for a timing push. If you get a good trade vs russia with a mm + huss catch, then 600w and boom is probably better.

I still don't know how I feel about it, but it's a fun build. Feels nice getting that many huss out that early at the very least.

All in all, I've been favoring 500f over tower + 200g in virtually every match up now (it's just more resources) besides the brit mirror. It's easy enough to just put ~4 vills on gold in transition to get the 125 for steel traps.

I've also been favoring unit upgrades sooner now, before 700g or 5v even in some match ups. That could be bad though, idk. Take everything I say with a grain of pr 28 salt.

when i play russia i hate the tower so much. tower+tc =120atk=1 shot a musk/strelet=cm card.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

fair point. got that build from mitoe.
Mali SenorCallen
Skirmisher

Post by SenorCallen »

deleted_user wrote:fair point. got that build from mitoe.

explains alot about your gameplay now
"I suck"

-Mitoe

"Ugh I suck"

-Mitoe
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

3v, 700w, 600w, 5 vill, musket attack/4 vill is standard BO.

Age with tower and have 200w when you age up and place a forward rax and the tower. You should have built around 2-3 manors in transition. Build manors with 700w, and more on 600w plus a extra rax or stable. On 300w start, build a TP and chop for a house, if you do this, send 4 vills over musket attack most of the time because with a TP you will get your 6th card around the same time (normally 15-30 seconds later) as your 5th if you have no TP.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Personally I don't even have 4v in my deck
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

4v is adding eco add a point in time where your eco is already amazing and youre actually struggling to get mapcontrol or punish a semi ff as brits. Not a fan tbh.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Jerom wrote:4v is adding eco add a point in time where your eco is already amazing and youre actually struggling to get mapcontrol or punish a semi ff as brits. Not a fan tbh.

Yeah its not the best, but you can get away with it on high hunt maps, something that almost all ESOC maps are. I think it is fine, and I always have it. You can really send anything for your 5th card as brits and get away with it because by that time you most likely have 40+ vills and a larger army than your opponent.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

don't forget that it delays the upgrade cards!

Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

3 vill 700w, after that it's really up to you and you have to adapt
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

4v does suck
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

4v is probably good on mirrors for the vil count, not sure tho
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Jerom wrote:4v is adding eco add a point in time where your eco is already amazing and youre actually struggling to get mapcontrol or punish a semi ff as brits. Not a fan tbh.

thish
upgrades are way better