Russian Semi FF Idea

Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Russian Semi FF Idea

Post by milku3459 »

Had this idea when I couldn't sleep last night and can't stop thinking about it. It takes advantage of the massive 17 strelet age up bonus and the follow up 17 strelet shipment.
It starts with Hazza's normal Boyars build, but first shipment in colonial is 700 gold instead of 5 Cossacks. Build blockhouse forward to trick the enemy and pressure with 10 muskets. Send 700 wood, build houses, age up with 17 strelet.
Gather 1000 gold in transition, then switch to food+gold for muskets. Train 5 musk in transition. Send Manchu and attack with 15 musk, 17 strelet and 9 Manchu. Ship 2 falcs, 11 muskets or 17 strelet as needed. Ship 1000 wood for vet upgrades and TPs, maybe TC.
Is this viable or is there a reason why Russian FFs aren't a thing? Because 17 strelet age up bonus + 17 strelet shipment is MASSIVE.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: Russian Semi FF Idea

Post by Goodspeed »

Sounds very slow, the manchu would come out at like 10-11 min at which point your opponent probably has already killed your army or significantly outmassed your ranged inf count
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Post by Diarouga »

Not really, you won't have enough units/eco. Sorry :(
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

milku3459 wrote:Had this idea when I couldn't sleep last night and can't stop thinking about it. It takes advantage of the massive 17 strelet age up bonus and the follow up 17 strelet shipment.
It starts with Hazza's normal Boyars build, but first shipment in colonial is 700 gold instead of 5 Cossacks. Build blockhouse forward to trick the enemy and pressure with 10 muskets. Send 700 wood, build houses, age up with 17 strelet.
Gather 1000 gold in transition, then switch to food+gold for muskets. Train 5 musk in transition. Send Manchu and attack with 15 musk, 17 strelet and 9 Manchu. Ship 2 falcs, 11 muskets or 17 strelet as needed. Ship 1000 wood for vet upgrades and TPs, maybe TC.
Is this viable or is there a reason why Russian FFs aren't a thing? Because 17 strelet age up bonus + 17 strelet shipment is MASSIVE.

If you want to take advantage of the 17 strelet ageup, I have a build which gets you 47 vet musk and 2 falc at 9 min. send 300w 700g 700w suvorov 2 falc. With 300w get a tp. Age with 17 vills to age 2 with the quartermaster and build a blockhouse, market and get hunting dogs. This should use the 400w age up and you should still have 100w from the 300w. Age to 3 once the 700g arrives. Use the 100w and the 700w to train 3 batches of strelets in transition to fortress(17 strelet politician) and 5 houses. Once you are in fortress send surovov reforms and 2 falcs and push.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

Thanks for your comments guys. I can't do the Suvorov thing (oh the shenanigans that would be possible) because imma vanilla scrub
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Agression without 5 cav is not very good, and your army is weak to skirmishers.

Russian semi ff that I like to do is:

TP+steel traps from 400 wood, 5 cossacks + 5-10 musk trained, 700 w for houses, stable and TP boom if possible, 700 g and age up fast, 1000 w first then 2 falcs. It might be good to age up with strelets and send the church card in transition for upgrades and Kalmucks.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

a good semiff sould upgrade no units (french), or just 1 unit (german). so it sould be vet cossack+ca+cannon, or vet.strelet+ca+cannon.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

CA protect cannons better than goons do I think, since their strenght is in «standing and fighting», not in their speed
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

P i k i l i c wrote:CA protect cannons better than goons do I think, since their strenght is in «standing and fighting», not in their speed

One things that goons do have going fir them tho is that they can move between shots, so they can mess up the pathing of the cav. Also if 5 more cav come from a completely different direction you can body block them with goons, while if you have CA you will have to reset their shooting animation.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

lol but CA have melee resist?
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

ovi12 wrote:
P i k i l i c wrote:CA protect cannons better than goons do I think, since their strenght is in «standing and fighting», not in their speed

One things that goons do have going fir them tho is that they can move between shots, so they can mess up the pathing of the cav. Also if 5 more cav come from a completely different direction you can body block them with goons, while if you have CA you will have to reset their shooting animation.

True but if you bodyblock with goons you'll lose them quickly if the opponent attack them, as a goon loses to a huss in melee, unlike a CA. I know that goons are overall more useful but I mean that CAs are better at certain tasks, goons at other ones.

I think that if you defend (for example) 2 falcs with goons, against a hussar mass, you'll probably lose your falcs but kill his cav without losing any goon in theory.
I you defend them with CAs, you'll not run and fire at cav as with goons, but stay where the falcs are, lose a few CAs, kill the enemy cav and maybe keep the falcs alive.
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Germany optimusprime
Advanced Player
ESO: optimus__prime

Post by optimusprime »

in 3v3 u can opri ff or churchcard ff in some cases 700g 700w church, for 9 guard goon
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Honestly I was having some success with a cossack semi ff Russia build on EP vs people my rank. It went distributism, tp in transition, market in transition with HD, placer mines, and 125w for ST. Stable on age up (delay first batch slightly though) + 2 houses + ST. 5 coss first, 700w, then 700g (age up - fast politician). Was kind of fun. The timing actually always hit perfectly in that I would have the 1200f and 1000g to age right after a batch of settlers and 700g was collected (constant production, ofc). The idea is to leverage the early cav advantage and raid as much as possible. Works well vs other cav semi ffs who do not make infantry. Alternative version is to ship 4 coss + boyars instead and stay age 2 or something. If your opponent is rurl bad you can go pure coss w/boyars, scout cavalry, and advanced arsenal cards. That's a hoot and a holler. Beat a landsknecht strat with that.

The players better than me say it's bad though so I'd agree with them. Fun though, not playing brits every game.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

deleted_user wrote:Fun though, not playing brits every game.
??????
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Goodspeed wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Fun though, not playing brits every game.
??????

Consider it step number one in my slow but sure journey towards insanity
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

yurashic wrote:Agression without 5 cav is not very good, and your army is weak to skirmishers.

Russian semi ff that I like to do is:

TP+steel traps from 400 wood, 5 cossacks + 5-10 musk trained, 700 w for houses, stable and TP boom if possible, 700 g and age up fast, 1000 w first then 2 falcs. It might be good to age up with strelets and send the church card in transition for upgrades and Kalmucks.

Didn't you do this once and I was India and i made like 20 of those highlander type musk units, fusilier or something
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Oh yes on that game that you couldnt go age 3 because your opponent pressured you too much. That crazy merc pop saved you!
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

tedere12 wrote:Oh yes on that game that you couldnt go age 3 because your opponent pressured you too much. That crazy merc pop saved you!

he went age 4...
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

I like trickle (300w for nilla), 5 coss, 700c, 700w, 1000w, 2 falcs a lot. Age 14 vills (try to get a market but not necessary), in transition gather for a tp, steel traps, placer mines, plus 50w. Use age up wood for two houses and a bh. Train a batch or two of strelets or musk to go with your 5 coss. Age as soon as 700c comes in (fast age). Use 700w for stable, infrastructure. Spam cossacks during age up to fortress and then build CA/strel. Don't forget vet upgrades and if you're feeling greedy you can even try to add a tc with 1000w. The hard part of the build isn't aging safely (imo it's even easier than a semiff with fre or ger) but actually taking advantage once you reach fortress.Just remember that Russia will almost always scale better assuming you have access to resources so don't try to end the game too soon.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

all russia ff's are bad
/thread
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

somppukunkku wrote:all russia ff's are bad
/thread

you're bad?
/thread?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I mean russias age 3 sure has something to offer. Cav archers are pretty good tbh and strelet combat appears to me as pretty nice though. Thing with strelet combat is that boyars is still better haha. Russias age 3 unit shipments arent really the greatest otherwise.

As dutch vs russia I have faced a russian early falc timing which is actually very hard to deal with as dutch, especially when you're not really expecting it. I dont know what the build for it would be.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

the first thing is that you need 600w 600g to upgrade your shit meanwhile france usually needs max 1 up.
the second thing is that going III without boayars is like going to a hooker without condom. why would you do it without?
the third thing is that you don't even have eco to spam anything after upgrades because your eco probably sucks.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

somppukunkku wrote:the second thing is that going III without boyars is like going to a hooker without condom.

I like the similes

What is the Oprichnik FF? Can someone give me a brief write up or link?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

somppukunkku wrote:the first thing is that you need 600w 600g to upgrade your shit meanwhile france usually needs max 1 up.
the second thing is that going III without boayars is like going to a hooker without condom. why would you do it without?
the third thing is that you don't even have eco to spam anything after upgrades because your eco probably sucks.

Yeah I agree. Though this cav archer falc timing Ive faced as dutch did really well against dutch. It kinda replicated the spain ff stuff. But thats very match up specific and probably not the best strat you have.