H2O's Eco Indian Elephants

France iNcog
Ninja

Re: H2O's Eco Indian Elephants

Post by iNcog »

Jerom wrote:Ofc mart new the meta before it happened.

I used elifents today too, it was funny. Howdahs are cool, garja really is right here.

to be perfectly fair, every time goodspeed says "the meta will be this", he's right. i'm not even saying it because he's my friend, he's just right

he said "TPs will be king" and lo and behold half the aoe3 community bitched about OP TPs. it's amazing

i'm guessing fast industrial metas will be around soon enough
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I wonder how effective it would be to age up with the agra to age 3. It might be fairly hard to actually get it up in a forward position, but it would give you 5 gurhka, and good map control. 800w and inspiration is really good though.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

how good is that agra anyway? more like false protection :?:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I am sure someone has done something similar to this. But in the current meta and vs China specifically. The timing to get 6 howdah. The surgeons, the transition to mahout Urumi. It was all very planned and coordinated. I don't really think theory crafting of any sort can take credit for the game. The only way this happens is from practicing a specific matchup on a specific map. I had variations to deal with aggression but I scouted a tower and marker and saw stagecoach tps coming up.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

iwillspankyou wrote:how good is that agra anyway? more like false protection :?:

the agra fort is being underestimated and overestimated at the same time. Overestimated because the dmg it does is pretty much neglectable, underestimated because its still provides a very nice anchor to fall back on and simply cannot be ignored if you want to push on india. Pusing into india while the fort is still in place is almost always a game losing move.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

_H2O wrote:I am sure someone has done something similar to this. But in the current meta and vs China specifically. The timing to get 6 howdah. The surgeons, the transition to mahout Urumi. It was all very planned and coordinated. I don't really think theory crafting of any sort can take credit for the game. The only way this happens is from practicing a specific matchup on a specific map. I had variations to deal with aggression but I scouted a tower and marker and saw stagecoach tps coming up.

mind explaining what kind of variations you had in the pocket?
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

lemmings121 wrote:
_H2O wrote:I am sure someone has done something similar to this. But in the current meta and vs China specifically. The timing to get 6 howdah. The surgeons, the transition to mahout Urumi. It was all very planned and coordinated. I don't really think theory crafting of any sort can take credit for the game. The only way this happens is from practicing a specific matchup on a specific map. I had variations to deal with aggression but I scouted a tower and marker and saw stagecoach tps coming up.

mind explaining what kind of variations you had in the pocket?

Yeah I was going to write up a little guide to the build since I think it is fun and people will want to do it based on the reactions on stream. You need to know all the variations though otherwise you get blown out as somp was suggesting in chat
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Re: H20 Eco Indian Elephants

Post by Diarouga »

_H2O wrote:
Diarouga wrote:Gotta love how you said it was bad on my stream one day before.
Was it a strategical move?

The build Mitoe and I put together is also just not even close to what you have been doing on your stream.

Plus our build was developed specifically to play against China. I still have to test it in other matchups to flesh out all the variations needed.

I would also like to point out that you have made howdah once in a rated game on your main account, never made one in a custom game. Lately you have been playing on diarouga on stream and doing it in custom games. So I am not sure where I could have learned about this Howdah eco india build from you? Maybe I missed something though.

I'm not talking about howdahs, because they're bad, but about the karni mata build.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

You are stretching a lot in my eyes to find inspiration from your build for this one. How this build happened was I was playing with Mitoe and he said what if you just played age3 India against chinA. We were worried mongo would dodge the China mirror with Russia. If I could play India vs China then I could ignore his Russia too and play India vs all his civs. I then thought, what about howdah? Since I know gurka zam doesn't play. We tried it. I had insane poke but lost later on because I had bad macro. Then mike said what if you add Urumi so that the changs can't slam as hard into your mahouts. Adding the Urumi kinda sealed it and I just smashed him every game after that.

So we kinda got a bit lucky to find this and if it didn't work we would have had to try for the China mirror or civ dance a bit.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Rofl diarouga, gs was doing karni builds way before that, also semi ff builds. Aiz has done it. Garja has been doing karni builds. And I have also done all variations of that semi ff, including karni, agra and GFA. And i doubt that any of it has not been done by players such as boneng or nagayumi before either.
Austria mongo10
Dragoon

Post by mongo10 »

_H2O wrote:You are stretching a lot in my eyes to find inspiration from your build for this one. How this build happened was I was playing with Mitoe and he said what if you just played age3 India against chinA. We were worried mongo would dodge the China mirror with Russia. If I could play India vs China then I could ignore his Russia too and play India vs all his civs. I then thought, what about howdah? Since I know gurka zam doesn't play. We tried it. I had insane poke but lost later on because I had bad macro. Then mike said what if you add Urumi so that the changs can't slam as hard into your mahouts. Adding the Urumi kinda sealed it and I just smashed him every game after that.

So we kinda got a bit lucky to find this and if it didn't work we would have had to try for the China mirror or civ dance a bit.

I would never dodge a china mirror.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

_H2O wrote:Then mike said what if you add Urumi so that the changs can't slam as hard into your mahouts. Adding the Urumi kinda sealed it and I just smashed him every game after that.

That Eureka-moment must have felt great.
Pay more attention to detail.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

woah there this isn't civ gendarm
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Well, the hype is pretty real when it's a tournament. At least I'd like to think so, but perhaps I'm wrong.
Pay more attention to detail.
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

umeu wrote:Rofl diarouga, gs was doing karni builds way before that, also semi ff builds. Aiz has done it. Garja has been doing karni builds. And I have also done all variations of that semi ff, including karni, agra and GFA. And i doubt that any of it has not been done by players such as boneng or nagayumi before either.

I actually do this build because GS suggested it to me, I haven't claimed I have invented this build.
It's just that H2O wrote on my twitch chat that this karni build was bad, while it's the same idea.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

ok
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

It's not the same idea. The only thing that's similar is aging with the Karni and sending the age 1 wood trickle. After that literally nothing is similar.

Edit: forgot both builds do train villagers as well and gather all starting rates and involve making a house before aging.
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

_H2O wrote:It's not the same idea. The only thing that's similar is aging with the Karni and sending the age 1 wood trickle. After that literally nothing is similar.

Edit: forgot both builds do train villagers as well and gather all starting rates and involve making a house before aging.

Sure, so howdah ff is better than the sepoy rush vs China while sepoy/gurkha semi ff isn't better than the sepoy rush vs France? :lol:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Its better, on re it almost worked, but u were always a little bit tslow. But on ep you will be just in time. Until fre changes the mu and goes more agressive.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

This thread isn't about diarougas build to possibly beat France on EP though. It's about the build mitoe and I worked out that involves a cool unit comp that worked well enough to win a semifinal game.

I am not too concerned about the sepoy gurka build right now. I don't even know if it's good. I don't think my opponents play India so it's not too important for me to figure it out either.

All I am saying is that my build honestly drew zero inspiration from the 5 minutes I spent watching you duel Kaiser and prince on Hudson.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Pure howdah interesting unit comp indeed
Brazil t3rror1sta
Dragoon
ESO: Knight_br

Post by t3rror1sta »

where are the recs?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I have a feeling they don't exist anymore.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

I have them from mongos point of view as mine got overwritten by casting right after. I'll upload soon.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

i still have them too, if needed.