Piroshiki FF (Spain)

No Flag bugattivitesse
Skirmisher

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by bugattivitesse »

[img]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ageofempires/images/d/dd/Flag_of_New_Spain.svg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/190?cb=20120616151508[/img]

PIROSHIKI FF (Spain)

This is a very fast fast fortress designed to get to age III, and spam Spain's excellent fortress age unit cards.

This is by no means my strategy, it has been made by Piroshiki, a top player on ESO, that primarily uses this strategy with Spain. I just have an obsession with it, and so i thought i would post.

Why Spain? Spain is generally thought as an underpowered civ, so why do this strategy as spain? Here are a couple reasons.

1) Fast shipments. As you all probably know, Spain needs less XP to earn a home city shipment, making a TP a bonus, but not a necessary part of this strategy.
2) Great age III unit cards. Spain has numerous excellent unit shipments once they hit age III, combined with fast XP, they can get these on the battlefield faster than any other civ.
3) Explorer who can use war dogs. This can be used to get bigger treasures to get a faster age up, and when you push as a nice melee unit.

Necessary Cards

[img]http://s24.postimg.org/8yvwqlgl1/Deck_Spain.png[/img]

That is a sample deck. I would consider removing 1000 food, and maybe adding a mercenary card, such as 9 highlanders.

The Build Order

Age 1:
First card is 3 villagers. Do NOT build a house with the starting wood.You will get a 2nd shipment most of the time, save it for age 2.
This build order is a bit weird. Starting out, produce vils until you have 9, then send 3 vils. Your pop should be 12/10. Thats perfect.
Age up with the tower and 200 gold, During transition, chop for a Trading post, then put all vils to food. When you hit age 2, you should have 2 shipments ready.
Age 2: Send 700 gold, and then 700 wood. With the 200 gold from the age up, and the 700 from shipments, you have 900. That makes 100 to either gather, or get from treasures. You should generally click up around 5:10 - 5:25. Either go up with the 4 hussars, or 8 pikes. Build the tower wagon somewhere aggressive, near the enemy base, but off to the side. This will be the drop off point for you military shipments.
Using the 700 wood, build 5 houses and a barracks, then distribute your vils to prepare for skirmisher production. (generally 7 on gold, 5 on food)
Age 3: As soon as you hit age III, queue up as many skirmishers as you can. Then send 2 falconets. This is where the BO ends.

Tips:
-Protect your falconets at all costs. They are the protection against any massed heavy infantry.
-Use your pikes to kill houses. Avoid melee fighting, unless it is cavalry you are fighting.
-Don't forget to use war dogs and your explorer! He is a free, 500 HP unit, and the dogs take out enemy skirmishers or longbows with ease.

Recs: [attachment id="529"]
[attachment id="530"]

Please comment to improve this strat! Thanks!
Attachments
[RE SP] piroshiki[SP] vs poissondu44[OT] - SilkRoad.age3yrec
(394.45 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Silk Road
Silk Road
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 12 minutes
[RE SP] piroshiki[SP] vs Elite610[BR] - Yukon.age3yrec
(420.75 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Yukon
Yukon
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 18 minutes
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by _venox_ »

thanks for the writing
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by divine_moon »

any suggestion about what u do against civs which rush u? like india, russia, types? do u build the tower closer to home where it can be protected by TC fire?& it can protect the TC by it's fire? thus giving u a "safer" base?
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by _venox_ »

mm dogs and tower in base, 10 vills inside the tc and send 6 rods or 8 pikes for defense if need be
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by MCJim »

Thanks! Gonna try it

(note, the recs don't work for me)
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by aligator92 »

mcjim wrote:Thanks! Gonna try it

(note, the recs don''t work for me)
You have to delete the additional dots at the end. delete all but one
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by MCJim »

Thanks, it worked. But after seeing the recs (where he lost both...) and trying this strat myself, my conclusion is that this strat and the whole Spain civ is worse xD
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by aligator92 »

yeah :D I have yet to see a rec where piroshiki wins :coffee:
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by KINGofOsmane »

He sends 300w sometimes if he wants to add 2 tp :P
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag THEspain
Crossbow

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by THEspain »

man record no working
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by deleted_user0 »

It's very bad strategy and won't work in high level games. And it won't improve your aoe skills.
If you want to become a good player, don't use this. It is bad.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by Jaeger »

somppukunkku wrote:It''s very bad strategy and won''t work in high level games. And it won''t improve your aoe skills.
If you want to become a good player, don''t use this. It is bad.
But Umeu said it''s fine?

http://eso-community.net/post/8189
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by deleted_user0 »

its not fine. its an all in, which means it has limited use, and that there are often better options, but this may sometimes be the EASIEST option. In some cases, some mu's and maps though, this strat can be highly effective.

also playing spain in general will improve your aoe skills because its a micro intensive civ.
No Flag THEspain
Crossbow

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by THEspain »

please make or upload other record man , pls
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

We already said that this strat is bad in most situations, just do the std spain ff.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by gibson »

I dont think it's bad overall. Obviously you shouldn't use it game after game after game but piroshiki has managed to make it to colonel using it so it can't be that bad imo. Maybe if your trying to become the best at aoe3 you won't use it but as a large population of this forum is between ms and captian where it is completely viable you can't just write it off because it may not be viable at the very highest level of play
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I mean, if you start with 200w it can be viable, but otherwise that's just bad, a 15+2 vills ff is 30 sec slowers with 7 more vills and one more shipment.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Its still an funny strat so
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:I dont think it''s bad overall. Obviously you shouldn''t use it game after game after game but piroshiki has managed to make it to colonel using it so it can''t be that bad imo. Maybe if your trying to become the best at aoe3 you won''t use it but as a large population of this forum is between ms and captian where it is completely viable you can''t just write it off because it may not be viable at the very highest level of play
Yeah, it has got to have some form of viability if someone can get to colonel with it.
No Flag cquinn4
Crossbow

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by cquinn4 »

those 2 falcs can still get sniped even by infantry cost inneficiently (or bayonet charged) and cause you to lose if you have no eco to back up those age 3 shipments, suppose it can work situationally
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by Jaeger »

cquinn4 wrote:those 2 falcs can still get sniped even by infantry cost inneficiently (or bayonet charged) and cause you to lose if you have no eco to back up those age 3 shipments, suppose it can work situationally
Rlly the biggest enemy is vills, falcs will rape any melee musk blocked by pike, but they will not rape vills
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by _venox_ »

Spain has so much trashy units to block even without a good economy that you will never get to the falcs. Yes vills are counters or a trap attacking from all sides, making the defense of the falconets really hard also counters that.
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by blasdg »

Just saw a game between boneng and piroshiki (like 2,5 hours ago), Japan vs Spain. Boneng did the standard age-up, shipped 600w, built 2 rax and then spammed ashigaru until he won. He attacked the tower immidiately, forcing piroshiki to go all in with 4 huss, 5 dogs, 8 pike and explorer in order to not lose the tower. Afterwards, the 2 cannons died easily to ashi and from then on pike+skirm loses heavily to dual rax ashi spam.

You can do that with ANY civ that has musks I suppose. So no, this strat is not good at all.
No Flag cquinn4
Crossbow

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by cquinn4 »

think it would be much more viable at lower levels
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Piroshiki FF (Spain)

Post by deleted_user0 »

blasdg wrote:Just saw a game between boneng and piroshiki (like 2,5 hours ago), Japan vs Spain. Boneng did the standard age-up, shipped 600w, built 2 rax and then spammed ashigaru until he won. He attacked the tower immidiately, forcing piroshiki to go all in with 4 huss, 5 dogs, 8 pike and explorer in order to not lose the tower. Afterwards, the 2 cannons died easily to ashi and from then on pike+skirm loses heavily to dual rax ashi spam.

You can do that with ANY civ that has musks I suppose. So no, this strat is not good at all.

Piro doesnt micro or adapt, so its not just the strat that mayhave failed, most likely with proper micro etc he wouldnt have lost to puremusk atleast. Vs jap piro ff may actually be ur best bet since all other ffs kinda fail and colo loses too.