Strategy Wall

Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Re: Strategy Wall

Post by BrookG »

Can you guys pin this BO in the iro section? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13279&p=281134
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Does it deserve to be in the strategy wall though? :P
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Does it deserve to be in the strategy wall though? :P

I don't know, does it? Is there any semi-FF BO for iro on the wall?

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Well I'd say that it is quite incomplete, also inaccurate sometimes.
Anyway, it's not my job to judge whether a "strat" deserves to be on the wall or not so I don't know.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Well I'd say that it is quite incomplete, also inaccurate sometimes.
Anyway, it's not my job to judge whether a "strat" deserves to be on the wall or not so I don't know.

I have 3 posts on the strategy wall so the bar is not exactly high.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Many strategy guides have been made about how to play a country or how to execute a build order. I have found many of these to be very useful.

I was wondering if someone could write a guide as to how to play against Sioux. For example, playing against Japan has quite a different style which generally includes high siege units to clear shrines, a techy approach to winning and perhaps spies to kill the explorers. I have seen top players, particularly Umeu comes to mind right now say "people don't know how to play against Sioux", "people don't know how to play Sioux." I remember playing a game, from what I considered almost perfectly and getting absolutely smashed by attack dance bow riders in mid fortress. Could someone enlighten me, and I'm sure many others, as to the playstyle required against Sioux on both EP5 and RE?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

chris1089 wrote:Many strategy guides have been made about how to play a country or how to execute a build order. I have found many of these to be very useful.

I was wondering if someone could write a guide as to how to play against Sioux. For example, playing against Japan has quite a different style which generally includes high siege units to clear shrines, a techy approach to winning and perhaps spies to kill the explorers. I have seen top players, particularly Umeu comes to mind right now say "people don't know how to play against Sioux", "people don't know how to play Sioux." I remember playing a game, from what I considered almost perfectly and getting absolutely smashed by attack dance bow riders in mid fortress. Could someone enlighten me, and I'm sure many others, as to the playstyle required against Sioux on both EP5 and RE?

Well I'm not going to write a guide, but in my opinion the best way to beat Sioux is to either rush and take a lead in early game (that's viable on the RE, not sure you can do it on the EP with teepees and buffed infantry), or you can turtle super hard (which is what I like to do).
In the 2nd case you just want to boom, make ranged units (skirm/goon, though you'll need some melee units to tank later in the game), and just NEVER push.
Literally never. Even with the EP eco buff, every civ but otto should outboom Sioux, and with walls everywhere on the map, you should also hold any age3 timing.
Then you want to get a big army and get to the 4th age, because although Sioux units are scary in age 3, they aren't that much in age 4.
After this you just want to play a late game with better eco and better units.

To sum up the key rules are
1) Never push
2)Build walls everywhere
3) Go late game ie unit upgrades, make eco, and make a quality army

This is a bit too simple of course, and this might not work vs a top Sioux player (eventhough the principles still stand), but it will against any pr35-. On big TP maps however it's a bit harder.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Its a diarouga build so it works perfectly
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Just keep in mind that your wall base has to have enough space for all mills+plantations.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

I didn't say wall your base, I said wall the map, which is different.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

Just wanted to add that here.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Well I don't care, that's not what I recommended.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

tf is your problem?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Walls
Pay more attention to detail.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

BrookG wrote:Can you guys pin this BO in the iro section? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13279&p=281134

bump, there is still nothing for Iroquois on the Strategy Wall (except for Goodspeed's guide section)
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

P i k i l i c wrote:
BrookG wrote:Can you guys pin this BO in the iro section? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13279&p=281134

bump, there is still nothing for Iroquois on the Strategy Wall (except for Goodspeed's guide section)

Yeah bfisher boom really need to be added here !
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

P i k i l i c wrote:

Yes the comment was before I come in staff team. Now I have something here :flowers: https://wiki.eso-community.net/Strategy_Wall

bwinner1 wrote:Yeah bfisher boom really need to be added here !
linksh?

Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

P i k i l i c wrote:

There is this https://wiki.eso-community.net/Wise_Woman_FF :biggrin:

Not irrelevant: is there anybody interested in being a strategy board curator who can keep track of the strategy wall(s) and generally cares about the strategy board by, for example, linking relevant sources, helping out newer players, starting discussion threads or polling about how to improve the strategy section.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

edeholland wrote:
P i k i l i c wrote:

Not irrelevant: is there anybody interested in being a strategy board curator who can keep track of the strategy wall(s) and generally cares about the strategy board by, for example, linking relevant sources, helping out newer players, starting discussion threads or polling about how to improve the strategy section.

This would help me a lot

France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Nice for Wise Woman FF, but it's confusing to have like a 2nd Strategy Wall
Maybe you have some reasons to do that, but then you could put the link on the non-wiki Strategy Wall as well, so at least you can find everything in 1 place
@BrookG this is bfisher's BO https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=15913 and yes would be cool to have it linked to the Strategy Wall as well
edeholland wrote:is there anybody interested in being a strategy board curator who can keep track of the strategy wall(s) and generally cares about the strategy board by, for example, linking relevant sources, helping out newer players, starting discussion threads or polling about how to improve the strategy section.

I am interested in this
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

edeholland wrote:
P i k i l i c wrote:

I could do that.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Strategy Wall V2

Post by deleted_user »

deleted_user wrote:yeah tbh i do 5v 500f cav build in 80% of MUs now for some reason. Feels nice.

Now I do VC 700c 700w.

Nothing matters.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

Can someone put Diarougas strategy guide here too? It would be a great addition.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Scroogie wrote:Can someone put Diarougas strategy guide here too? It would be a great addition.

It's there. Check the French section.