SirMusket Beginners Guide to EP -British-

Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Re: SirMusket Beginners Guide to EP -British-

Post by Rohbrot »

deleted_user wrote:1v1 me NO build orders ONLY random card generator.
Random card generator tf?
Spain pain train is real
No Flag IsThisGuideGood
Crossbow

Post by IsThisGuideGood »

deleted_user wrote:The guide is fine, I disagree with some of the opinions on the match ups and what to do in them, but I think musket kind of misses the point of playing Brit which is: it's not really a build order civ (of course it isn't, because I'm not a build order player, I don't put crossbows in the corner of the map, and I main Brit).

As brit you're just always trying to build as many manors as you can to consume your safest resources without dying to 1) early rushes 2) early fortress pushes 3) contain style which nullifies your land vill eco advantage. Doing anything else misses the point of their entire civ bonus and you might as well play France or Spain. With VC you slam the manors all down first, and without VC it's more of a slow crawl.

There is a 4th) way to lose which is my personal favorite: going too greedy to not be able to defend a standard semi ff well, and losing 15 minutes later because my inneficient age 2 means I can never age up, never have a timing while they are aging up, and my opponent went greedy with 1k wood and 1k coin and just has the tech advantage so I can never win a fight w/the Zuta "more stuff" principle, all the while failing to protect all of my vills gathering all over the map.

Because Brit invest a lot of resources into manors in transition and early age 2, and because you age to III slow, you don't have many conventional timings. For this reason brit don't have any hard counters and nor do they hard counter themselves. But they are a very good civ.

The exception is aklak style builds which center around a strong early age 2 timing and requires really tight macro and sends the same cards. Same with blackwatch ff. Those are true build orders.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

deleted_user wrote:1v1 me NO build orders ONLY random card generator.
You could never win cause you're a BOB(build order bot).
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

honestly bo7 random card generator sounds super fun
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Jerimuno wrote:honestly bo7 random card generator sounds super fun
Please be a thing in DE, random deck games could be the next best thing we have compared to random civ games