Names with unique meanings?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03
ESO: toriancarconn

Re: Names with unique meanings?

Post by toriancarconn »

Let's try the following:

When you explain the meaning of your username, nominate at least one other person whom you'd like to tell their story, by tagging them in your post.
Poland Nemo
Crossbow

Post by Nemo »

toriancarconn wrote:Let's try the following:

When you explain the meaning of your username, nominate at least one other person whom you'd like to tell their story, by tagging them in your post.
Ok, @analworsher9
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03
ESO: toriancarconn

Post by toriancarconn »

Nemo wrote:
toriancarconn wrote:Let's try the following:

Ok, @analworsher9
I see your curiosity immediately led you to "places" no sun is shining. Fair enough.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Contemplating whether any explanation might cheapen the quality of the name "mensvitamins" or if just this one will.

The concept originated in this thread first: viewtopic.php?f=315&t=14667&hilit=Vitamin

At that time, I was visiting my parents over holiday and became a little annoyed at my mother's incessant advocacy of "suburban" health. “Suburban" here denotes something you might see on a daytime talk show -- like Good Morning America, The View, Dr. Oz, etc. Suburban health might also be influenced by sharing anecdotes with other neighborhood Moms. In my family multi vitamins have long occupied the same echelon of importance as Emergen-C and zinc and cherry juice and quinoa and other immune system boosting super foods and supplements!

And so I was visiting home, probably irritated, probably hungover, having been given a giant bottle of Men's Vitamins and right next to where they sat on the counter there was a giant bottle of Women's Vitamins and I made the thread on ESOC. It was good and cathartic and I thought that was it.

Two years later, circumstances have landed me back home, with the same big bottle and brand of Men's Vitamins given to me, sitting right next to the same brand of Women's Vitamins on the same counter. I had just deleted my twitch account because I forgot the reason why, and the Proximity Principle suggested this Absurd Entity as significant to me at that time.

The interesting thing about independent Entities, which we are not exposed to each day so as to become acclimated, but which we manifest ourselves unto inbetween large periods of absence, is that we can examine our relationships with them and reflect upon our personal changings as a dependent variable.

And so when I looked at the big bottle of men’s vitamins again I wasn't annoyed for a reason I couldn't put into words, and I was not hungover. The Spectacle of the Bottle of Men’s Vitamins just made sense in the sense that of course it was a Spectacle. Spectacles are absurd and this is all that can be said of It and Them.

Accepting absurdity is preferable to existing in it in conflict.

In many ways my first encounter with Men's Vitamins was the product of a confused dissonance -- and my revisitation became an Instance of reconciliation between an ideology and reality, history and emergence. It was to me in every sense of the word, a Situation.

Ever since I've been Baader-Meinhof’ing applications of vitamins and appreciating vitamins for their intersectional qualities. Vitamins appear kind of everywhere and that's great and good for a twitch brand. They appear in grifters in all circles, they appear on TV, they appear in actual medical journals as deficiency treatments, they appear in op eds of big papers and in op eds of small papers and in industries that benefit by trying to credit them and in industries that benefit by trying to discredit them. A vitamin regimen was prescribed to Trump when Trump contracted COVID and then I watched them say that live at a press release. There are hour long YouTube videos of gurus inspecting every single supplement product in Costco, waxing healthily about their ingredients. I've watched every minute.

This is many words to say “mensvitamins” sounds funny and good but it's also a little something more than funny and good which is to say it’s mostly just a funny and good thing to say.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Too lazy to check to see if I already posted in this thread but here is the exact moment I got the name "The Ear"

viewtopic.php?f=318&t=3269&hilit=dominating
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain _NT_sven
Dragoon
Donator 06
Clan: NTDE

Post by _NT_sven »

deleted_user wrote:Contemplating whether any explanation might cheapen the quality of the name "mensvitamins" or if just this one will.

The concept originated in this thread first: viewtopic.php?f=315&t=14667&hilit=Vitamin

At that time, I was visiting my parents over holiday and became a little annoyed at my mother's incessant advocacy of "suburban" health. “Suburban" here describes something you might see on a daytime talk show -- like Good Morning America, The View, Dr. Oz, etc. Suburban health might also be influenced by sharing anecdotes with other neighborhood Moms. In my family vitamins have long occupied the same echelon of importance as Emergen-C and zinc and cherry juice and quinoa and other immune system boosting super foods and supplements!

And so I was visiting home, probably irritated, probably hungover, having been given a giant bottle of Men's Vitamins and right next to where they sat on the counter there was a giant bottle of Women's Vitamins and I made the thread on ESOC. It was good and cathartic. I thought that was it.

Two years later, circumstances have landed me back home, with the same big bottle and brand of Men's Vitamins given to me, sitting right next to the same brand of Women's Vitamins on the same counter. I had just deleted my twitch account because I forgot the reason why, and the Proximity Principle suggested this Absurd Entity as significant to me at that time.

The interesting thing about independent Entities, which we are not exposed to each day so as to become acclimated, but which we manifest ourselves unto inbetween large periods of absence, is that we can examine our relationships with them and reflect upon our personal changings as a dependent variable.

And so when I looked at the big bottle of men’s vitamins again I wasn't annoyed for a reason I couldn't put into words, and I was not hungover. The Spectacle of the Bottle of Men’s Vitamins just made sense in the sense that of course it was a Spectacle. Spectacles are absurd and this is all that can be said of It and Them.

Accepting absurdity is preferable to existing in it in conflict.

In many ways my first encounter with Men's Vitamins was the product of a confused dissonance -- and my revisitation became an Instance of reconciliation between an ideology and reality, history and emergence. It was to me in every sense of the word, a Situation.

Ever since I've been Baader-Meinhof’ing applications of vitamins and appreciating vitamins for their intersectional qualities. Vitamins appear kind of everywhere and that's great and good for a twitch brand. They appear in grifters in all circles, they appear on TV, they appear in actual medical journals as deficiency treatments, they appear in op eds of big papers and in op eds of small papers and in industries that benefit by trying to credit them and in industries that benefit by trying to discredit them. A vitamin regimen was prescribed to Trump when Trump contracted COVID and then I watched them say that live at a press release. There are hour long YouTube videos of gurus inspecting every single supplement product in Costco, waxing healthily about their ingredients. I've watched every minute.

This is many words to say “mensvitamins” sounds funny and good but it's also a little something more than funny and good which is to say it’s mostly just a funny and good thing to say.
Hi, today I encountered someone called 'girlsvitamins' on DE ladder. Is that your girlfriend or daughter?
Plum blossoms fall below the steps like whirling snow;
They cover me still though brushed off a while ago.

-Tune: "Pure Serene Music", Li Yu (937-978 AD), the Last Lord of Southern Tang Dynasty
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't know what you're talking about.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

KoenigRother wrote:Just bought le hussard sur le toit :)

König Rother is the main dude in a medieval Story from 1100s.
So how did you like it ?
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

_NT_sven wrote:
Hi, today I encountered someone called 'girlsvitamins' on DE ladder. Is that your girlfriend or daughter?
Daughter
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

@Victor_swe care to share?
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Everything is emcos fault
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Victor_swe wrote:Everything is emcos fault
Hmm ok this is what happened. I speak with emil on the phone. He say have you bought AoE yet? I say yes. He say have u played much online, i say no i have only played offline so far. He say OMG HURRY GO MAKE ACC or people will steal ur cd-key cuz it gets registrered online when u buy the game. I panic and type in name Victor. Its already taken, then emil say: Just put swe in the end, everyone has their contry like that u can change later anyway. So i did and now im stuck with it biggrin.gif tnx emil <3

@Challe @Victor_swe
Sweden Challe
Musketeer
ESO: Challe

Post by Challe »

ahahahah Epic swede rant :D :D

Good to see you Zuta
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

reading Brandon Sanderson's newest novel in which a character has multiple personalities, I began to think of my multiple smurfs and their playstyles, which I've deconstructed into male attire for some reason

SirCallen - boring but classic, timeless, JCrew's Essential Line Up. Nothing to be embarrassed by, but nothing to write home about.

DJ2Strong - this is the '89 YMCA 3v3 basketball tournament t-shirt you buy at goodwill for $0.99. You seem to win every Saturday pick-up game wearing it, so you stop wearing it because you're afraid of ruining the good luck. The next week everyone is wearing their own goodwill t-shirt. Awkward.

FPSdanksy - fps... danksy...? gamer name, graphic T. This is what's worn around the house chilling with your bros, not really giving a care just playing some vidya (famous 2v2 account).
spoiler
mensvitamins - bold, aesthetic, intellectual, inaccessible, entry level high male fashion. Not everyone gets it, but if you know you know.

TexasBBQ
- everyday work clothes, oil stained overalls, ragged shirts, attire for the hard manual work of creating content.
Korea South Miyawaki Sakura
Dragoon
ESO: April

Post by Miyawaki Sakura »

LeeSoonShin1592 - Yi Sun-shin is the admiral of Korea and all Koreans respect him. I also respect him so i used this name

Miyawaki Sakura - Miyawaki Sakura is singer of Japan. I'm military service in 2018-2020. In my company she was goddess. In the extreme cold(hot) and pain I thought of her and survived. when i participating tournament i will using this name

April - April is a Korean girl group. i'd like them. And my favorite SC1,2 pro palyer using 'July'
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

I googled the female befor the admiral
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

swesweMAGIC is just a copy of GG_Magic.
iirc someone else said it as a joke (might have ben mankle?)
I thought it sounded cool and used it as my sc2 acc and accidently became superfamous with it through day9s video. So now i have to use 2 nicknames. This is The life.
Dead hunts cant walk....

European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Honestly i envy people who already had the self-reflection at a young age to not choose a shitty nickname. Feels like most people go through a "adding random numbers and symbols" phase or a "killer, king, general, lord, master" phase before realising that's pretty cringe and settling for something a little more... normal.
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

scarm wrote:Honestly i envy people who already had the self-reflection at a young age to not choose a shitty nickname. Feels like most people go through a "adding random numbers and symbols" phase or a "killer, king, general, lord, master" phase before realising that's pretty cringe and settling for something a little more... normal.
But eventually it becomes cool again. I was considering Deathkiller or something similar just recently.
Dead hunts cant walk....

Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Victor_swe wrote:
scarm wrote:Honestly i envy people who already had the self-reflection at a young age to not choose a shitty nickname. Feels like most people go through a "adding random numbers and symbols" phase or a "killer, king, general, lord, master" phase before realising that's pretty cringe and settling for something a little more... normal.
But eventually it becomes cool again. I was considering Deathkiller or something similar just recently.
lol nerd
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
European Union KoenigRother
Skirmisher
ESO: Darky_soocer

Post by KoenigRother »

@Le Hussard sur le toit

i bought it in french which i kind of regret now

anyways he is very detailed/poetic when describing his surroundings which i had to get used to
notoric treehugger
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Unless one is a real (Sith) Lord.
[Sith] - Baphomet
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

@KoenigRother : It certainly must be pretty difficult for non native French speakers. Good luck !
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
No Flag uberjz
Dragoon
ESO: WoodPusher

Post by uberjz »

Woodpusher: A chess term describing a player who doesn't understand the game. A woodpusher has no strategy; he's just pushing wood pieces across the board. Going through the motions without knowing the purpose. A BOB, if you will.

This used to describe me pretty well. I've somewhat grown out of it, but I like the name and keep it as a reminder.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

evilcheadar is the squeaky antagonist
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums