ESOC Lore Quiz pt. 2

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Re: ESOC Lore Quiz pt. 2

Post by dicktator_ »

I really liked the mono-civ format, but with the way that DE is I just have to accept that there will never be another mono-civ tournament
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

When a warchief 2 tournament?
So many beautiful rules that no longer exist, today everything is so monotonous and boring :sad:
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Oliveza wrote:
28 May 2023, 14:00
when will we get the exam review and the sample solution?
Probably in a few days once answers stop coming in. If you want an answer to a specific question before that, feel free to message me, just don't go around sharing the answer.
duck
imo
Australia robo
ESOC Media Team
ESO: robo_boro
Clan: sQad

Post by robo »

18/100

Pog, considering I answered Garja for most of the questions I'm happy with that
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06

Post by Vinyanyérë »

The autograder is extremely strict about answers and I can't turn it off easily, so I go back and grade the answers manually. Your actual grade is 21/100
duck
imo
Australia robo
ESOC Media Team
ESO: robo_boro
Clan: sQad

Post by robo »

Pog even better
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Top 10 here I am (for now)
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

What about my score btw
Image Image Image
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Mitoe wrote:
28 May 2023, 16:31
Goodspeed wrote:
28 May 2023, 15:27
I guessed maps without hunts, because that would just be a terrible rule and I trusted ESOC's judgment
Starvation tourney was fun, but idk if I'd play it again. IIRC the only viable civs were Japan, Dutch, and Iro - because Iro is always viable.

Edit: India was barely playable too.
I think Japan was banned
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Garja wrote:
28 May 2023, 22:15
What about my score btw
41/100, you did miss the tournament rules question but did a good job on the questions that involved _H2O and his Japan mirror :smile:
duck
imo
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Say what you want but evilcheadar is a fraud
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

aligator92 wrote:
28 May 2023, 22:54
Mitoe wrote:
28 May 2023, 16:31
Goodspeed wrote:
28 May 2023, 15:27
I guessed maps without hunts, because that would just be a terrible rule and I trusted ESOC's judgment
Starvation tourney was fun, but idk if I'd play it again. IIRC the only viable civs were Japan, Dutch, and Iro - because Iro is always viable.

Edit: India was barely playable too.
I think Japan was banned
Yeah I think you’re right actually, forgot about that.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Goodspeed wrote:
28 May 2023, 11:49
Vinyanyérë wrote:
28 May 2023, 07:09
[*] @Goodspeed 24/100 which is public shame-worthy levels of bad from the previous quiz maker. How do you get the NWC winner question wrong, were you playing Go the entire time the finals were going
Perfect storm for me. My abysmal long-term memory prevents me from remembering stuff I once knew, and more recent AoE3 history is a complete unknown (I don't own DE and the last time I watched an AoE3 stream is at least 3 years ago). Combine those factors, and there's not much hope.

I couldn't even remember the second NWC finalist lol
i didn't enjoy all the questions about community teams and moderation teams etc etc, i was never part of any of those so i never had reason to pay attention to the rotation of different names under different tags.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Funny quiz :smile: I did not remember everything I knew since I left the forums :hmm:
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

I knew most of them but I couldn't remember so many, but I hope I get style points

EDIT: fak the whatsapp, now i remember
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
China juicyfruit1268
Skirmisher
ESO: Torie

Post by juicyfruit1268 »

dicktator_ wrote:
28 May 2023, 16:50
I really liked the mono-civ format, but with the way that DE is I just have to accept that there will never be another mono-civ tournament
Mono-civ for the opponent format: You lock in one civ that you will be facing the entire tournament, rather than locking in your own civ for the entire tournament
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

juicyfruit1268 wrote:
29 May 2023, 17:33
dicktator_ wrote:
Mono-civ for the opponent format: You lock in one civ that you will be facing the entire tournament, rather than locking in your own civ for the entire tournament
God mode: face Italy the entire tournament

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

juicyfruit1268 wrote:
29 May 2023, 17:33
dicktator_ wrote:
lock in vs brit whole tournament, rush every game, what can they do?
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

This is actually a bad idea with the number of civs in the game right now, but here’s a vague way to make that format (kinda) work. Though whether it’s actually fun to play is doubtful:

Before the match, players have to bid a number between 1 and 3. Whoever bids the lower number gets to choose 2 civs the opponent must play for the entire series. There is no restrictions to how that player uses those 2 civs. They may veto 1 civ from being picked.

In the event of a tie, both players get to choose 2 civs for their opponent. The picks are blind in this case.

The catch is that the number chosen is the number of games the opposing player must win in order to win the series. The other player must win 4 games.

So, in the event that a 1 is chosen, the player who has had his civs chosen for him only needs to win 1 game in the first 4 in order to win the series (1-3), while the other needs to win 4-0.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

A flaw is that this requires everyone to buy the DLC. Might even be a fatal flaw, depends if top players all have bought it.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
China juicyfruit1268
Skirmisher
ESO: Torie

Post by juicyfruit1268 »

Mitoe wrote:
30 May 2023, 00:47
This is actually a bad idea with the number of civs in the game right now, but here’s a vague way to make that format (kinda) work. Though whether it’s actually fun to play is doubtful:

Before the match, players have to bid a number between 1 and 3. Whoever bids the lower number gets to choose 2 civs the opponent must play for the entire series. There is no restrictions to how that player uses those 2 civs. They may veto 1 civ from being picked.

In the event of a tie, both players get to choose 2 civs for their opponent. The picks are blind in this case.

The catch is that the number chosen is the number of games the opposing player must win in order to win the series. The other player must win 4 games.

So, in the event that a 1 is chosen, the player who has had his civs chosen for him only needs to win 1 game in the first 4 in order to win the series (1-3), while the other needs to win 4-0.
As in there are too many civs in game, or to few civs in game?
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

juicyfruit1268 wrote:
30 May 2023, 20:27
Mitoe wrote:
30 May 2023, 00:47

As in there are too many civs in game, or to few civs in game?
Too many, because you could pick civs that the other player just has no clue how to play.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

I am still waiting for my results :(

Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

BrookG wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 11:59
I am still waiting for my results :(
42 maximum ;)
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Grades are mostly finished, been a bit preoccupied last few days and will be traveling the next few so I might not get to releasing the grades plus answer key for some time. Is on the to-do list though
duck
imo