ESOC Memes

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Re: ESOC Memes

Post by sebnan12 »

I wouldve liked the meme but the "tbqh ngl" on top made me not do it
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

sebnan12 wrote:I wouldve liked the meme but the "tbqh ngl" on top made me not do it
spot on
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

sebnan12 wrote:I wouldve liked the meme but the "tbqh ngl" on top made me not do it
Beating myself for not going with 'it really do be like that sometimes'
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Tbh the devs dont rly give a shit. If they did they would have reworked the campaign audios too where for example the word iroquois is used a lot.
And some shit is just ridicolous like changing the term colonial militia. Are we gonna ignore the fact they were colonies all together becuz thats way more comfy? Just imagine if other games did that. Thats kinda like if the game was set in WW2 and they never mention the germans were bad people lol.
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

Why do we go with euphemisms and the like when it clashes with historical settings. Just call it what it is, it's part of our history.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Squamiger wrote:actual nazi meme gtfo

edit ok just for context the comic is Stonetoss, which is a comic strip written by an actual nazi. The implication of the meme is that there's some sinister reason for adding Native American representation to AoE3 (or substitute that for any generally liberal idea). If you know the context of the strip, the reason implied is that the Jews are trying to push diversity on America in order to undermine the white race

i know that not everyone who uses stonetoss comics is a nazi themselves but whenever I see this shit floating around the internet i feel the need to point it out. i don't like seeing alt-right / nazi shit on esoc tbh
That's not the implication of the meme at all. There's no references to Jews or Nazis in the image. It's just making fun of the game developers for engaging in pointless culture wars instead of focusing on making the game fun and playable
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Do we pretend jews weren't gassed? Why would we pretend natives weren't massacred
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

People read too much into memes. They’re jokes, take it or leave it but recognize they’re jokes.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Lots of ESOC users have enjoyed posting Stonetoss comics for a long time, including some old staff members!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

vividlyplain wrote:People read too much into memes. They’re jokes, take it or leave it but recognize they’re jokes.
Jokes generally mean something though
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Separate the art from the artist!

This is a beautiful painting. Now, can we get back to ESOC memes?
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

You can't separate something with an inherent political meaning from the creator though.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

scarm wrote:You can't separate something with an inherent political meaning from the creator though.
Correct, but if you change the context mean to fit AoE3, surely the original inherent political meaning is lost?
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

I am 50/50 on that to be honest. On the one hand yes.

On the other you are still spreading awareness for a dude who is blatantly nazi and contributing to make his ideology more public and maybe visible to some people, who will be vulnerable to believe und spread it further. Essentially it is a part of perpetuating racist, anti-semitic propaganda. Even this discussion in this thread, while in good faith may be read by someone who now searches that dude, finds him funny and starts to believe his bullshit, radicalising in the process. Is a cheap laugh and a like really worth that?

I know you will probably say that i am dramatizing, and as i said i am 50/50 on it. In the end it is probably a personal decision to make.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

im not saying we should ban stonetoss comics from here. im just going to call you a nazi if you support the ideas the comic promotes.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

What's the issue ? Is it that tribal thing again ?
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Can we keep this to memes only,
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

@jesus3 , has to speak!
Spain pain train is real
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Squamiger wrote:im not saying we should ban stonetoss comics from here. im just going to call you a nazi if you support the ideas the comic promotes.
Actually took a look at these since I didn't know about it, and I had a great laugh.
I'm pretty sure I could make a stonetoss comics about your comment :P
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

You guys do realize it's not an actual stonetoss meme, right? It's pretty obvious I made it myself in Paint, lmfao

Just because a meme format is based on a racist comic doesn't mean every meme using that format is racist. That's like saying all countryball memes are racist against Polish people
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Squamiger wrote:im not saying we should ban stonetoss comics from here. im just going to call you a nazi if you support the ideas the comic promotes.
Actually took a look at these since I didn't know about it, and I had a great laugh.
I'm pretty sure I could make a stonetoss comics about your comment :P
good, hope you have a blast off in neckbeard land
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

N E R D
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

scarm wrote:I am 50/50 on that to be honest. On the one hand yes.

On the other you are still spreading awareness for a dude who is blatantly nazi and contributing to make his ideology more public and maybe visible to some people, who will be vulnerable to believe und spread it further. Essentially it is a part of perpetuating racist, anti-semitic propaganda. Even this discussion in this thread, while in good faith may be read by someone who now searches that dude, finds him funny and starts to believe his bullshit, radicalising in the process. Is a cheap laugh and a like really worth that?

I know you will probably say that i am dramatizing, and as i said i am 50/50 on it. In the end it is probably a personal decision to make.
I can see the problem of giving exposure to problematic authors. I had not thought of this issue so thank you for bringing it up. Overall I would say the scenario you are sketching is ambitious and unlikely to happen .. but who knows. Hopefully this page of discussion will stop that scenario from playing out.

I believe the vast majority of viewers in this thread will view meme, laugh, and continue scrolling.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Separate the art from the artist!

This is a beautiful painting. Now, can we get back to ESOC memes?
Nah, cause art isn’t just what’s on the page, it’s about the creator, the means of creation, and potentially many other things. Why do you think the monalisa is worth 7 digits today? It’s not just because of the oil on the page I’ll tell you that
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

How dare you try to take this topic away from us? Mods, I order these troll posts deleted immediately!
No-one messes with Meme topic