Clipsh, clipsh, and moar clipsh

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Clipsh, clipsh, and moar clipsh

Post by gibson »

I don’t disagree,but the point is it’s not gonna matter for a new player if they play vs you or me or a 1500 elo player or a 1200 elo player, they’re gonna get shit on regardless.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah not for a new player. Then again that new player should be matched against as low elo players as possible, which is currently not the case, but yeah he will most likely get shat on anyway.

Sucks more for the 1500 players who could get plenty of close games but instead get destroyed by some top player I guess.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

at 1500 the crowd is already pretty thin, more like 1300
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

this qs make no sense - there needs to be options...

my record is gettin mached vs someone with 700ish elo :flowers:
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Of course there should be more options, but why aren't you all just cancelling at 7 minutes then requeuing? The end result is pretty much the same. I've waited 50+ minutes doing this before but it's still better than getting a pr5.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Kawapasaka wrote:Of course there should be more options, but why aren't you all just cancelling at 7 minutes then requeuing? The end result is pretty much the same. I've waited 50+ minutes doing this before but it's still better than getting a pr5.
I do normally do this, but when streaming sometimes you just can't afford to cancel
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Mitoe wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:Of course there should be more options, but why aren't you all just cancelling at 7 minutes then requeuing? The end result is pretty much the same. I've waited 50+ minutes doing this before but it's still better than getting a pr5.
I do normally do this, but when streaming sometimes you just can't afford to cancel
I mean, if the QS had a set elo range and didn't go into "literally anyone" mode after 7 mins in queue, you'd be waiting for 30mins in QS on stream anyway, same as cancelling and requeuing. So in that sense you would rather play literally anyone than wait longer for a game.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Kawapasaka wrote:
Mitoe wrote:
I mean, if the QS had a set elo range and didn't go into "literally anyone" mode after 7 mins in queue, you'd be waiting for 30mins in QS on stream anyway, same as cancelling and requeuing. So in that sense you would rather play literally anyone than wait longer for a game.
I know what you mean but it feels like it's not the same for some reason :P
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Well I don't exactly know how the matchmaking currently works beyond the range expanding every couple of minutes. So I guess there's also the question of hypotheticals like: 1 pr40, 2 pr 30s and 1 pr 25 in queue - what's the most desirable outcome assuming nobody else close in level is going to queue in a reasonable time frame? I'm not sure, honestly.
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

Kawapasaka wrote:Well I don't exactly know how the matchmaking currently works beyond the range expanding every couple of minutes. So I guess there's also the question of hypotheticals like: 1 pr40, 2 pr 30s and 1 pr 25 in queue - what's the most desirable outcome assuming nobody else close in level is going to queue in a reasonable time frame? I'm not sure, honestly.
Thing about queue cancelling is that if youre say 2000 elo the sometimes you have to queue for 7 mins to match with someone 1700 or so
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

TheNameDaniel wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:Well I don't exactly know how the matchmaking currently works beyond the range expanding every couple of minutes. So I guess there's also the question of hypotheticals like: 1 pr40, 2 pr 30s and 1 pr 25 in queue - what's the most desirable outcome assuming nobody else close in level is going to queue in a reasonable time frame? I'm not sure, honestly.
Thing about queue cancelling is that if youre say 2000 elo the sometimes you have to queue for 7 mins to match with someone 1700 or so
Hmm, in my experience a difference of 300ish should always match before "literally anyone" mode activates, but yeah it can take 6-7 mins for sure. I dont think I've ever gotten anyone remotely decent from a 7+ queue, but fair point if you've experienced that before.
United States of America randerzbobanderz
Musketeer
ESO: RandyBobandy

Post by randerzbobanderz »

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Please not again this "just cancel your queue" argument...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Kaiserklein wrote:Please not again this "just cancel your queue" argument...
Again, it's not an argument against much needed changes to the barebones QS we currently have. I'm just saying that within the constraints of what we currently have, cancelling and requeuing at 7 minutes seems to be better than letting it tick over into match-with-anyone territory, at least in my experience.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

harcha wrote:at 1500 the crowd is already pretty thin, more like 1300
1400 is the sweet spot tbh
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Kawapasaka wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Please not again this "just cancel your queue" argument...
Again, it's not an argument against much needed changes to the barebones QS we currently have. I'm just saying that within the constraints of what we currently have, cancelling and requeuing at 7 minutes seems to be better than letting it tick over into match-with-anyone territory, at least in my experience.
I can get a pr 30 sometimes if I wait 7+ mins. In fact, if I cancel before 7 mins, I can match only very few people. And whenever you cancel and requeue, you might be missing an opportunity to match vs someone decent, as you have to wait again while he might just get another game.
So requeuing doesn't work for me.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

I was getting samwise quite a lot a couple weeks ago and i'm damn dogshit, so the system is horrible.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

The system cant do anything else as matching against any player of any ELO, because this game has no good players except ESO-c members. The game could only attract noob players and not pro/decent players of other games (if we got like 10-20players thats too less anyways.). Like i dont see viper even streaming Aoe3 DE anymore what was good advertisement for the game. Conclusion, if there isnt a good player queing at the time where a 2000ELO player is queing then he wont get any good player and he gets instead a beginner, who may leave the game after he matches always against better players and not his equal.
Spain pain train is real
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

harcha wrote:i had this happen to me today. when i was playing i didn't even understand how that happened
part1
this time i'm not sure how my movements turned into an ageup cancel, i really don't understand. i never had this happen in TAD.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

harcha wrote:
harcha wrote:i had this happen to me today. when i was playing i didn't even understand how that happened
part1
this time i'm not sure how my movements turned into an ageup cancel, i really don't understand. i never had this happen in TAD.
ez for the moult

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

just stop uselessly clicking on the tc for no reason while spamming some buttons and mashing your mouse like a catlicker @kaister
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

If you watch it on 0.25 playback speed, the icon is hovered over and grows larger. It's possible your left finger registered a click on accident at this moment. There's nothing to say unless you have a program displaying registered actions in real time. Recall that left clicks used to not register if you released outside of the icon, so it's possible they now behave in an "ultra sensitive" way, that could be a little different than Legacy (I don't recall).
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

One of the best things about de is how it punishes people who just spam click for no reason
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

You guys are just jealous you don't have the skill to click your explorer hotkey and then your tc hotkey over and over again, shit players.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Jerimuno wrote:just stop uselessly clicking on the tc for no reason while spamming some buttons and mashing your mouse like a catlicker @kaister
i'm not clicking uselessly, i'm tapping the find tc button uselessly. it's a huge difference