Clipsh, clipsh, and moar clipsh

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Re: Clipsh, clipsh, and moar clipsh

Post by aligator92 »

Looks like material for at least 5 new taunts
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

https://clips.twitch.tv/DistinctAgitate ... tiPraiseIt

top 5 mechanics lads, dutch brit is a really hard mu for brit too.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

i have no mechanics but i got the boom
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

couple from team gamesh tonight:

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnergeticShinySnoodTooSpicy

https://clips.twitch.tv/ZealousSuspiciousWheelHotPokket

nothing like the thrill of barely beating captains. kudos to @kaister for the winning stratz
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Lmao the 2nd clip soo close haha
:nwc:
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

That was pretty unlucky, the sword was on the explorer.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Spain pérez
Pro Player
ESO: Pérez

Post by pérez »

i was about to post it, u stole that fame from me i feel so sad now @BrookG
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

pérez wrote:i was about to post it, u stole that fame from me i feel so sad now @BrookG
2slow bruv
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

lol funny clip but actually good to point out the "bugs" in the game. Some people think the attack move bug isnt a thing xD. As riot pointed out, it actually bugged there and it wasnt my fault that the muskets walked into the army. You can slow down the vid and see I have the muskets selected and the sword is over the exploer and I tell them to attack the exploer. Then a mini lag spike happens during this and the game misses the command and instead tells my muskets to walk into the army instead of attacking the exploer. This is the same exact thing that happens when attack move bugs. There is a mini lag spike and the game misses a command. This happens quite often sadly. With attacks like that, attack move, shift commands, selecting deck. Hopefully this could be fixed in DE, but I dunno how likely that would be.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

GUA Best Content Creator of all time ngl tbh.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

When you right clicked the explorer, lagg happened so your last click didn't matter/(d-sync'd/delay so the latter click wasn't registered) on the ground ,@giveuanxiety
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

giveuanxiety wrote:lol funny clip but actually good to point out the "bugs" in the game. Some people think the attack move bug isnt a thing xD. As riot pointed out, it actually bugged there and it wasnt my fault that the muskets walked into the army. You can slow down the vid and see I have the muskets selected and the sword is over the exploer and I tell them to attack the exploer. Then a mini lag spike happens during this and the game misses the command and instead tells my muskets to walk into the army instead of attacking the exploer. This is the same exact thing that happens when attack move bugs. There is a mini lag spike and the game misses a command. This happens quite often sadly. With attacks like that, attack move, shift commands, selecting deck. Hopefully this could be fixed in DE, but I dunno how likely that would be.
Yea the small lagspike meant your command didn't go thru which was unforunate, i'm not entirely sure it can be fixed though, seems like something that would be on any game that can have a lag spike which is basically everything.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

I played it on slow speed and it was definitely not because of lag / bug at all. It's just very hard to click on a moving unit precisely, and unfortunately GUA clicked at the exact point when the sword briefly flashed into a non-sword. If you listen carefully, you can hear the musk voice over immediately confirms that a move command was issued, rather than an attack command. Meanwhile, the LB voice over confirms an attack command was issued and those units proceed to attack correctly.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

I mean i don't actually think in the fight it mattered too much, tit seemed pretty far ahead.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

I disagree, but even if the click did register the lag still hugely affected it.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Yeah, in laggy games this happens much more regularly.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

EAGLEMUT wrote:I played it on slow speed and it was definitely not because of lag / bug at all. It's just very hard to click on a moving unit precisely, and unfortunately GUA clicked at the exact point when the sword briefly flashed into a non-sword. If you listen carefully, you can hear the musk voice over immediately confirms that a move command was issued, rather than an attack command. Meanwhile, the LB voice over confirms an attack command was issued and those units proceed to attack correctly.
I slowed it and it was totally because of the lag spike. The sword cursor appeared and he clicked on the explorer (which is not even necessary) as the unit highlighted for a sec. This happens all the time.

On a related note. Attack move clicking on previous red signals (such as the ones when you right click units to any point on the ground) causes the attack move to bug. Basically on TAD that's the only point where yo're not allowed to click when attack moving. I know because on nilla you're only allowed to click on empty ground and the opponent units for the attack move to work. Anything else (your own units, buildings, natural resources, etc.) on nilla bugs.
Image Image Image
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

EAGLEMUT wrote:I played it on slow speed and it was definitely not because of lag / bug at all. It's just very hard to click on a moving unit precisely, and unfortunately GUA clicked at the exact point when the sword briefly flashed into a non-sword. If you listen carefully, you can hear the musk voice over immediately confirms that a move command was issued, rather than an attack command. Meanwhile, the LB voice over confirms an attack command was issued and those units proceed to attack correctly.
did it though? maybe im blind but i couldn't see the sword turn into a non-sword at any time
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

Hawk_Girl wrote:
did it though? maybe im blind but i couldn't see the sword turn into a non-sword at any time
It did I'm afraid
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

it happens to me every single game for one week from now ( more or less )
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Garja wrote:
I slowed it and it was totally because of the lag spike. The sword cursor appeared and he clicked on the explorer (which is not even necessary) as the unit highlighted for a sec. This happens all the time.
You aren't looking close enough. He wasn't using attack move, so it is necessary to click with absolute precision. The highlight happens after a simple move command was issued for the muskets (the highlight is caused by the Longbowmen being correctly tasked to attack).
Hawk_Girl wrote:
Even if you're blind, you can simply listen to what the musk says in response, clearly not having any intention to attack anything from the start.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

disagree but like I said either way the lag spike would have caused the units to stop moving, increasing the chances of anyone to misclick since units suddenly freeze.

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Hmm without the message at the bottom of the screen you're not attack moving. Also I was sure lbows and musks were in the same group but in fact they were not. So ye you misclicked with the musks (due to the lag spike freezing the walk for a sec) and right clicked correctly with the lbows.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

It's known that lag causes some commands to be skipped. Especially annoying when z moving, but also in other cases, like when shift clicking the shift might just be ignored.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..