Clipsh, clipsh, and moar clipsh

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Clipsh, clipsh, and moar clipsh

Post by Kaiserklein »

Maybe I mean something different then. It seems like z moving by clicking behind your units (opposite of the target) causes the closer units to shoot, and the units at the back of the group to walk away. As if the targets were too far away and just ignored. I don't recall seeing that on legacy, I think the "range" of attack move was maybe bigger or something
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

It would happen on legacy tho, but ye it seems more frequent on DE. Thing is on DE buildings are also targeted by attack move so that might be a related issue. Also attack move is weird I think it's related to LOS and the firgint animation somehow. Like, how many times did you see goons not shooting with attack move. That's cause they have short LOS and slightly delayed firing animation. However if you select goons and skirms together to attack move, goons don't bug anymore. It's like they benefit from skirm LOS.
Image Image Image
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Kaiserklein wrote:Maybe I mean something different then. It seems like z moving by clicking behind your units (opposite of the target) causes the closer units to shoot, and the units at the back of the group to walk away. As if the targets were too far away and just ignored. I don't recall seeing that on legacy, I think the "range" of attack move was maybe bigger or something
I've had this on both games since forever. Almost wouldn't consider that a bug tho. If out of LOS they don't attack, that's kinda the definition of attack move.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Garja wrote:It would happen on legacy tho, but ye it seems more frequent on DE. Thing is on DE buildings are also targeted by attack move so that might be a related issue. Also attack move is weird I think it's related to LOS and the firgint animation somehow. Like, how many times did you see goons not shooting with attack move. That's cause they have short LOS and slightly delayed firing animation. However if you select goons and skirms together to attack move, goons don't bug anymore. It's like they benefit from skirm LOS.
Units target buildings with attack move in Legacy as well, but they try to shoot the building rather than torch it--so they just freeze in place on Legacy whereas on DE they will actually attack it
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

I think you should never group explorer with your units, just use a hotkey for it. Also be careful when u group reinforcements, as a similar thing can happen.
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

The important thing is knowing how to fix it in the heat of the moment. Odds are it's caused by units in the same group nearby, so just select the bugged units separately and attack move and it should work fine most of the time.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Garja wrote:It would happen on legacy tho, but ye it seems more frequent on DE. Thing is on DE buildings are also targeted by attack move so that might be a related issue. Also attack move is weird I think it's related to LOS and the firgint animation somehow. Like, how many times did you see goons not shooting with attack move. That's cause they have short LOS and slightly delayed firing animation. However if you select goons and skirms together to attack move, goons don't bug anymore. It's like they benefit from skirm LOS.
Yeah goons won't attack pretty often on DE. That didn't happen on legacy. I'm suspecting on legacy they used the actual LOS of the player to z move (LOS acquired by any unit) while on DE they're using their own LOS, which is very limiting.
Or maybe there's some other explanation. Either way it fucking sucks and it's one of the many things that make unit control shitty on DE and makes me want to stop playing the game.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Kaiserklein wrote:Maybe I mean something different then. It seems like z moving by clicking behind your units (opposite of the target) causes the closer units to shoot, and the units at the back of the group to walk away. As if the targets were too far away and just ignored. I don't recall seeing that on legacy, I think the "range" of attack move was maybe bigger or something

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200481153
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

i had that happen a bunch on earlier patches, not much lately
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America randerzbobanderz
Musketeer
ESO: RandyBobandy

Post by randerzbobanderz »

Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

princeofkabul wrote:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200481153
This is actually the same attack move bug I posted earlier. You see the crossbow you have in that same group attacking the dopps in the back?

Because he's in pull-range of your formation and has a separate group of units to attack, your whole army bugs.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Glad to know that nothing ever changes.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

Image Image
Sweden Aussie_Drongo
Skirmisher
ESO: Darkalbino_

Post by Aussie_Drongo »

kevinitalien wrote:https://www.twitch.tv/aussie_drongo/cli ... HLpBQOVjUO
thx @Aussie_Drongo for that moment of laughter xD
That was such a fun game, I enjoyed it a lot. I totally forgot about spies. You played very well. I will adjust soon to spies ^^
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

Aussie_Drongo wrote:
kevinitalien wrote:https://www.twitch.tv/aussie_drongo/cli ... HLpBQOVjUO
thx @Aussie_Drongo for that moment of laughter xD
That was such a fun game, I enjoyed it a lot. I totally forgot about spies. You played very well. I will adjust soon to spies ^^
its been a long time since i had laughed like this and just listening to your laugh, i watched the 20X clip haha ​​xD oh man thank you xD
Image Image
Sweden Aussie_Drongo
Skirmisher
ESO: Darkalbino_

Post by Aussie_Drongo »

Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Yeah their animation is shit. I think a small multiplier for organs vs artillery would make sense, so that in this situation they could have at least killed 1 falc.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah I mean everyone knows 2 falcs shit on 2 organs, because they don't shoot their whole volley instantly, and because 2 organs is 200 less resources... What's the point of this clip?
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah I mean everyone knows 2 falcs shit on 2 organs, because they don't shoot their whole volley instantly, and because 2 organs is 200 less resources... What's the point of this clip?

Obviously to show that Ports are BY FAR the worst civ, need a buff and its wrong when people say "but organ guns unpack béttér"!
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Why would you post link to a clip that is no longer available, literally minutes after posting?
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Because twitch deletes them minutes or hours after making. Usually it's related to music.