breeze polls vs. basements pools

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.

I make the best polls.]

Breeze polls
77%
Basement pools
23%

Total votes: 48

Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Re: breeze polls vs. basements pools

Post by Laurence Drake »

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:a poll where you can vote for a poll. so meta.

Top quality poster.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

Laurence Drake wrote:Image

lets get more meta
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:

lets get more meta

but can we go deeper
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:
AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:

lets get more meta

but can we go deeper

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Jam wrote:
NyxAchlys9 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

but can we go deeper

mind-blown.gif
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

looks like we can go infinite meta
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Papist wrote:Damn, ESOC ripped me a new one :oops:

Jerom wrote:
Laurence Drake wrote:Maybe we should delete ESOC

I actually legitemately agree with this.

I don't understand this sentiment. Even if there are parts of the site/community that you have been alienated by, why is that valid reason to shut the whole operation down? It seems to me that the more practical solution is to avoid that which you find distasteful (and if that's everything, then to leave).

You yourself are a huge part of why ESOC has been successful - the time you dedicated to the Community and Media Teams was priceless to everyone here. It's strange to me that you want to throw all of that away because of a couple of bad experiences.

Because the esoc project has in my eyes failed to create a positive environment and I don't think it will ever manage to evolve beyond that anymore; Because I think if the community members were to rely on eachother and making friends with eachother to survive that the community would be in a more positive state than when your sense of being part of a community rests on a negative, troll and drama filled environment which requires no effort and positivity from your end to be sustained.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

I think there was a moment where esoc could have gone in a similar direction like teamliquid in terms of forum policy, but I think they missed it and cant really change it now.
r]
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Jerom wrote:Because the esoc project has in my eyes failed to create a positive environment and I don't think it will ever manage to evolve beyond that anymore; Because I think if the community members were to rely on eachother and making friends with eachother to survive that the community would be in a more positive state than when your sense of being part of a community rests on a negative, troll and drama filled environment which requires no effort and positivity from your end to be sustained.

What would the perfect ESOC look like, in your eyes?
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Jerom wrote:

Show hidden quotes

I don't understand this sentiment. Even if there are parts of the site/community that you have been alienated by, why is that valid reason to shut the whole operation down? It seems to me that the more practical solution is to avoid that which you find distasteful (and if that's everything, then to leave).

You yourself are a huge part of why ESOC has been successful - the time you dedicated to the Community and Media Teams was priceless to everyone here. It's strange to me that you want to throw all of that away because of a couple of bad experiences.

Because the esoc project has in my eyes failed to create a positive environment and I don't think it will ever manage to evolve beyond that anymore; Because I think if the community members were to rely on eachother and making friends with eachother to survive that the community would be in a more positive state than when your sense of being part of a community rests on a negative, troll and drama filled environment which requires no effort and positivity from your end to be sustained.

But that's why we need initiatives like the ESOC Council - to restore a friendly sense of community among the forum members!

Top quality poster.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Jerom wrote:

Show hidden quotes

The large amount of cynicism in this is unreal.

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

Papist wrote:
Jerom wrote:Because the esoc project has in my eyes failed to create a positive environment and I don't think it will ever manage to evolve beyond that anymore; Because I think if the community members were to rely on eachother and making friends with eachother to survive that the community would be in a more positive state than when your sense of being part of a community rests on a negative, troll and drama filled environment which requires no effort and positivity from your end to be sustained.

Jerom has a wonderful ideal view of a drama free ESO-C, where people share guides and stratagies and are above all, polite. It's a wonderful view shared by many people.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:
Papist wrote:

Everyone is 6'3" and only speaks Dutch and no one plays aoe3 anymore and no actual posting only reporting for mundane reasons.

Bram might be allowed but I'm worried he might not be Dutch enough for jerom

lol...

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

Googol wrote:
NyxAchlys9 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Everyone is 6'3" and only speaks Dutch and no one plays aoe3 anymore and no actual posting only reporting for mundane reasons.

Bram might be allowed but I'm worried he might not be Dutch enough for jerom

lol...

please don't misquote me