Appreciation

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Re: Appreciation

Post by japanesegeneral »

Am i the only one who liked your style lately? Your presentation of arguments about net neutrality was really well done and your family member joke was fun aswell.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Just make a post about your anger and take your time for it..
-read it more than once
-don't speak about people directly or pm then
- be nice and calm

Or just ignore what you don't like or people you don't like they will be more annoyed about the fact that you ignore them than to answer there bs and don't let them trigger you

I hope you get better soon
shit juice :hmm:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Merry Christmas everyone

YEE HAW!
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

japanesegeneral wrote:Am i the only one who liked your style lately? Your presentation of arguments about net neutrality was really well done and your family member joke was fun aswell.

could b
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

deleted_user wrote:Merry Christmas everyone

YEE HAW!
that was the perfect joke
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

:oops:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I told you, Spanky. Our badges are broken at the moment. What I meant was that donations are broken. We are working on getting it fixed. A lot of donations have not been counted.
Pay more attention to detail.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

:roll:
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

@spanky4ever I'm fairly certain that everyone appreciates what you've given to the community, not just funding tournaments, but engaging in discussions, trying to be kind to people, etc. The Warchief's tournament was so awesome and it was created because of you! You have a lot of value here. You don't have to donate anymore if you so wish it, but I do hope that you will continue to contribute to discussions. I recognize that it's difficult at times because of the toxicity and hostility... this was the reason why I started the thread in the first place. There's a lot of negativity. A lot of people have been hurt, self included. I just wanted to spotlight some of the people who have helped me get through shit, and wished for others to do the same in whatever way they so chose. I apologize if I hurt your feelings.

@Kaiserklein it's certainly not attention whoring to wish to break up some of the salt with a little sugar. There are so many fucked up things said to one another in our community. I simply wanted to bring out some good.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

XeeleeFlower wrote:@spanky4ever I'm fairly certain that everyone appreciates what you've given to the community, not just funding tournaments, but engaging in discussions, trying to be kind to people, etc. The Warchief's tournament was so awesome and it was created because of you! You have a lot of value here. You don't have to donate anymore if you so wish it, but I do hope that you will continue to contribute to discussions. I recognize that it's difficult at times because of the toxicity and hostility... this was the reason why I started the thread in the first place. There's a lot of negativity. A lot of people have been hurt, self included. I just wanted to spotlight some of the people who have helped me get through shit, and wished for others to do the same in whatever way they so chose. I apologize if I hurt your feelings.

@Kaiserklein it's certainly not attention whoring to wish to break up some of the salt with a little sugar. There are so many fucked up things said to one another in our community. I simply wanted to bring out some good.
s
sorry,
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

phpBB [video]
Mali SenorCallen
Skirmisher

Post by SenorCallen »

@Mitoe that is a real jackass move by not including me all ive ever done was push u into sucking more
"I suck"

-Mitoe

"Ugh I suck"

-Mitoe
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

@spanky4ever I certainly appreciate you. The people I specifically mentioned in my post are literally my SO, close friends and/or people I've known for 10+ years with the exception of Callen whom I idolize. I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say that for me it would just be too much work to mention everyone who has had a positive effect on me and/or the site as a whole. Some people I have talked to at length over the years, played hundreds of games with and still didn't mention.
No doubt you are one of the most valuable contributors on the site. I've always agreed with your political views in particular, and your music taste ;)
I hope you feel better tomorrow and I hope you continue posting.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Goodspeed wrote:@spanky4ever I certainly appreciate you. The people I specifically mentioned in my post are literally my SO, close friends and/or people I've known for years with the exception of Callen whom I idolize. I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say that for me it would just be too much work to mention everyone who has had a positive effect on me and/or the site as a whole. Some people I have talked to at length over the years, played hundreds of games with and still didn't mention.
No doubt you are one of the most valuable contributors on the site. I've always agreed with your political views in particular, and your music taste ;)
I hope you feel better tomorrow and I hope you continue posting.

could b;) thx to u 'goodspeed. always an apreciated person :love:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

gibson wrote:I appreciate @spanky4ever for always showing up to watch my stream and all the support she's shown to the community :)

thank youl - I really appreciate you, seriourly :flowers:
https://youtu.be/n2aMaMkDwTA
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I appreciate you for still reading and responding, even though you are probably not having a great time. I hope you will feel better soon and have a good christmas.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

XeeleeFlower wrote:@Kaiserklein it's certainly not attention whoring to wish to break up some of the salt with a little sugar. There are so many fucked up things said to one another in our community. I simply wanted to bring out some good.

I don't doubt your intentions were good. Just saying some people don't see the bright side of that thread, or don't post in here with honourable intentions. Which is human, after all. We're all attention whores to some extent.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

I appreciate @hleung that he is so patient and lovely with *zensored* esoc members :hmm:

:flowers:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I appreciate @Vinyanyérë for canceling his lame New Years plans with his lame friend to attend a fun concert with me, which I assume he will do
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

fightinfrenchman wrote:I appreciate @Vinyanyérë for canceling his lame New Years plans with his lame friend to attend a fun concert with me, which I assume he will do

I hope we will see some pictures!
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

iwillspankyou wrote:User avatar
hleung
ESOC Community Team
Regarding your posts in "Bloodbath in the Cascades" and the
Sent: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:06 am
Recipient: iwillspankyou

Hi iwillspankyou,

It has come to our attention that you have spammed quite a few off-topic posts under the thread "Bloodbath in the Cascades" within 15 minutes, starting from here: viewtopic.php?p=276410#p276382. Normally we would have done something in public about the spam, but as we understand the circumstances of you making those posts, we have decided to settle the matter in private instead.

Judging by where and how the posts were written and the things that you mentioned, we presume the posts were made out of anger while you were drunk. Nonetheless, I do believe you were telling us about how you actually feel, as you demonstrated later in the Appreciation thread: viewtopic.php?f=314&p=276423#p276423.

Anyway, a few points we would like to write to you in private.

First and most importantly, we actually appreciate your help a lot on the success of the community. We have explicitly thanked you in quite a number of occasions, like in these two: viewtopic.php?f=397&t=3275 and viewtopic.php?f=308&t=11397. We also created badges to recognise and appreciate the generous donations from you and several other individuals; and for you specifically, we organised and held the WarChief Classic Tournament a while ago, as you have always wanted to see some WarChief civs being extensively played in a tournament environment. All of these have been done officially as a gesture of appreciation and a big thanks to your contribution - what you have done for the community.

As for the Appreciation thread, again, like Athena/XeeleeFlower mentioned, everyone appreciates you and your contribution to the community. We might not be explicit enough to mention your name in our posts, or even have the time to participate in any forum discussions at all, but rest assured everyone in the community knows your name and appreciates what you have brought to ESOC and how important you are. You do not have to contribute by donation if you wish, as there are many other ways to contribute, such as being a kind person in general and participate constructively in forum discussions - things you have been doing.

And like what lordraphael said in the thread "Bloodbath in the Cascades" as a response to your off-topic posts there, not everyone who had crucial contribution to the community was mentioned in the Appreciation thread, but that does not mean we do not appreciate you. Quite the contrary, we sometimes appreciate people who are very important to us but often forget to say so, or prefer to show our thanks and appreciation in other ways. Just an example, we as ESOC staff often carry out our duties in the background and make things better, and we sometimes have to make rather difficult decisions as well. How often are we appreciated by other ESOC members instead of being negatively criticised? Everyone comes to ESOC for a classic game and all kinds of discussions, loves browsing the website with a brilliant design, and actively participates in any official and sometimes even unofficial tournaments - all these mean a lot to us as staff members. We know we are important to the community and our efforts are being appreciated by everyone - that is and should be what it really matters to any of us - appreciation without words is sometimes the best kind, just like what we do to our parents - yet another example.

Regarding the matter with Snuden, we understand he had been a pain in the neck to you, but we recently wrote to him via PM and asked him not to harass you and tone down a bit as well. It would also be great if you could avoid being engaged in any conflicts with him as well, in the best interest of ESOC forum discussions. Thank you in advance.

If there are any other issues, please feel free to send us a PM, and we shall do our best to help. Merry Christmas and have a wonderful new year! :flowers:

Tbh... I hope... Just go sleep ffs
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Someone's gonna have a solid hangover tomorrow
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Mali SenorCallen
Skirmisher

Post by SenorCallen »

i appreciate auke1 being sexy asf and always so good at carry
"I suck"

-Mitoe

"Ugh I suck"

-Mitoe