Appreciation

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: Appreciation

Post by spanky4ever »

deleted_user wrote:I appreciate @Laurence Drake

actually I forgot him in my post. His posts have gotten more serious last year, and I do appreciate THAT - seriously :flowers:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

This seems like a poor rip off of my thread.

@Laurence Drake, for being my partner in trolling this place.

@benj89 for brilliant input on various topics.

@Gendarme for being one of the few sane/traditionalist people here.

@everyone else: you're all right I guess, except for one person who knows who she is.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

lejend wrote:

@everyone else: you're all right I guess, except for one person who knows who she is.

must be me then? there goes my faith in the appreciation thread you made viewtopic.php?f=315&t=13016 all gone. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is a way better compliment than the one you tried to make as a sarcastic one??, and nobody could figure out if it was honest, or not. Thank you for making this clear dude :grin:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

iwillspankyou wrote:must be me then?

What makes you think that? Are you feeling a little guilty, maybe? :?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

iwillspankyou wrote:
lejend wrote:

must be me then? there goes my faith in the appreciation thread you made viewtopic.php?f=315&t=13016 all gone. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is a way better compliment than the one you tried to make as a sarcastic one??, and nobody could figure out if it was honest, or not. Thank you for making this clear dude :grin:

Consider it a win to be on lejend's dislike list
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Hi @lejend . I apologize if you feel that I ripped off your thread. This wasn't my intention. I wanted to create something positive for all the community since there is often a lot of negativity. As someone who is incredibly sensitive to negative posts (yes, subjectively), I needed to express my positive thoughts and hoped to read other positive thoughts as well. I appreciate the fact that you put a lot of time and effort into many of your posts. I don't agree with many of your beliefs, but nonetheless, I appreciate you as a person. Thank you for giving me things to read and for inadvertently sharpening my mind.

As many of you know, I get in rough patches sometimes. Negativity gets to me pretty bad even though I may not show it. The light of others often rekindles my own embers. If we could all just show a bit of the beauty that is within..... I know that a lot of you struggle with the same type of shit I do...... Please be kind, or at the very least, respectful, to one another. You don't know the life of people behind the screen.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm appreciative I got to meet the great people @XeeleeFlower @Mitoe @_H2O @SoldieR @giveuanxiety @Vinyanyérë @kami_ryu @Goodspeed and @n0el in Chicago -- experiencing and exploring the city!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

deleted_user wrote:I'm appreciative I got to meet the great people @XeeleeFlower @Mitoe @_H2O @SoldieR @giveuanxiety @Vinyanyérë @kami_ryu @Goodspeed and @n0el in Chicago -- experiencing and exploring the city!

You don't appreciate @sirmusket for giving you the honour of facing him? How ungrateful
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

XeeleeFlower wrote:Hi @lejend . I apologize if you feel that I ripped off your thread.

It was a joke.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

@Jam for being, well, Jam!
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

@milku3459 doesn't get enough credit as the best memer on this site
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Thank you to @deleted_user and @Zutazuta for helping me ascend from a lowly PR32 Mac scrub to a PR35+ player, and thank you to @H2O_ for helping me reach Brigadier and beyond on top of being such a great friend.

Thanks to @Kaiserklein and @SoldieR for always agreeing to 1v1 me, despite knowing that their defeat is inevitable (hehe).

Thanks to @deleted_user4 for always being such a great long-time friend and for putting up with me whenever I try to force him to play.

Thanks to @Vinyanyérë and @kami_ryu for all their hard work in thoughtfully and meaningfully moderating the forum, despite how I practically forced them into joining the team. ;)

Thanks to @Mr_Bramboy and @MCJim for not flaming the hell out of me and the Business Team when we make a mistake or forget to consult the Media Team as closely as we probably should on some things. :P

Lastly, thanks to everyone currently and formerly on the ESOC team. You guys put in a ton of hard work regardless of the situation, and really should be proud of the community we've built here: it is a reflection of our passion and love for fun—even if the work involved is not always fun—and will hopefully last for years to come.

I'm sure that I missed a few people, as many people have made ESOC and AoE3 worth my time in the last few years, and if I did, I'm sorry! Forgive my silly memory.

Oh, and P.S. @Aizamk ă‚‚ăƒŒ
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

With inadequate attribution and in no particular order with the exception of

...my first and foremost appreciation for @kami_ryu for his proficiency in recognizing a legend when he sees one,

"Memory is the diary that we all carry about with us."— Oscar Wilde

I thank @ssaraf for introducing me to both ESOC and SirCallen's stream,

"Strangers are friends that we some day may meet."—Edgar Guest

I pleasurably evoke the memory of my first AoE3 stream-experience—@deleted_user4 playing a British mirror wearing his cap,

"Without the element of enjoyment, it is not worth trying to excel at anything."—Magnus Carlsen

I take a trip back to the early days of @aenna and @EAGLEMUT assisting people with FTJ issues,

"Through our willingness to help others we can learn to be happy rather than depressed."—Gerald Jampolsky

I acknowledge and embrace the aspiration of @Vinyanyérë to agree with me only when absolutely necessary,

“I never bother to talk to anyone who agrees with me. I learn nothing from them.”— Paul Samuelson

I admire @Goodspeed's patience and amiability throughout the most contentious disagreements,

"If I have done the public any service, it is due to my patient thought."—Isaac Newton

I remain bewildered by @XeeleeFlower's unequivocal, pervasive, and inexhaustible altruism,
"Let us try to teach generosity and altruism, because we are all born selfish."—Richard Dawkins

and I wish everyone an early merry Christmas. Remember to drink a lot of your favorite Christmas beverage!

"With bony hands I hold my partner; on soulless feet we cross the floor.
The music stops as if to answer an empty knocking at the door.
It seems his skin was sweet as mango when last I held him to my breast.
But now, we dance this grim fandango and will four years until we rest."

–Olivia Ofrenda
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I hate when the holidays put me in a good mood and I have to stop disliking you.

Also it was well written.

Aaand the quotes were a nice touch.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I'm pissed that I wasn't included, so I can continue being pissed at you
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Shoutout to @Interjection for all that casting and youtube vids early on.
Error 404: Signature not found
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Props to @Snuden for sharing his wisdom.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

If this thread was a blockchain protocol, the algorithm would be called PoSB (Proof of Social Belonging) Maslow 1943

IF I felt the need to jump on this bandwagon, I would send my appreciation to;

@allregularstreamers
@ESOCstaff
@ :devil:
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Gendarme wrote:With inadequate attribution and in no particular order with the exception of

...my first and foremost appreciation for @kami_ryu for his proficiency in recognizing a legend when he sees one,

"Memory is the diary that we all carry about with us."— Oscar Wilde

I thank @ssaraf for introducing me to both ESOC and SirCallen's stream,

"Strangers are friends that we some day may meet."—Edgar Guest

I pleasurably evoke the memory of my first AoE3 stream-experience—@deleted_user4 playing a British mirror wearing his cap,

"Without the element of enjoyment, it is not worth trying to excel at anything."—Magnus Carlsen

I take a trip back to the early days of @aenna and @EAGLEMUT assisting people with FTJ issues,

"Through our willingness to help others we can learn to be happy rather than depressed."—Gerald Jampolsky

I acknowledge and embrace the aspiration of @Vinyanyérë to agree with me only when absolutely necessary,

“I never bother to talk to anyone who agrees with me. I learn nothing from them.”— Paul Samuelsson

I admire @Goodspeed's patience and amiability throughout the most contentious disagreements,

"If I have done the public any service, it is due to my patient thought."—Isaac Newton

I remain bewildered by @XeeleeFlower's unequivocal, pervasive, and inexhaustible altruism,
"Let us try to teach generosity and altruism, because we are all born selfish."—Richard Dawkins

and I wish everyone an early merry Christmas. Remember to drink a lot of your favorite Christmas beverage!

"With bony hands I hold my partner; on soulless feet we cross the floor.
The music stops as if to answer an empty knocking at the door.
It seems his skin was sweet as mango when last I held him to my breast.
But now, we dance this grim fandango and will four years until we rest."

–Olivia Ofrenda

how long did it take you to write this wow
Top quality poster.
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: j_t_kirk

Post by j_t_kirk »

I appreciate @everyone who is keeping the game and the community alive :flowers:
ImageImageImage
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

@Jam for being so modest and humble
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Everyone involved with building this website and keeping it alive. It's been a solid source of entertainment for years now :smile: On top of that it changed my life in very unexpected ways.

@XeeleeFlower for letting me into her world.
@kami_ryu for being a great friend throughout the years.
@deleted_user4 for often putting into words what I'm thinking.
@Jam, @zoom and @Laurence Drake for their great sense of humour.

And @lejend, @Snuden, @Gendarme for supplying controversy ;)

The site has existed for only 3 years but there is already so much history here. We've had our share of drama but looking back we are actually a very tight community :flowers:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

@Goodspeed, are you sure you aren't grateful because she's letting you into a different place?