(Fake news!)Does ep really stop cheater?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
United States of America frostibite
Musketeer

Re: (Fake news!)Does ep really stop cheater?

Post by frostibite »

It really just goes to show you that people will try to get ahead in life even in a dead game that means nothing. We live in an ego driven society to the point where even losing in a more-than-a decade old PC game shakes people up to the point of desiring cheats.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
HUMMAN wrote:I am on the same side with ear, there is nothing regulating you are maphacking or not
EP has caught almost 200 incidents of maphack program usage so far.

200 caught on a patch for an old game. Just think how many have yet to be caught.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Thousands probably
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I read a report that estimated it at well over 45,000 incidents of maphack that were missed.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

@lordraphael why you get tilted because of my statement? We know Uhlan cheated in a tourney, it is very possible pr 30 guys get pr 35 level with mh. Bad players can always cheat, i am not targeting so called good players but since tourney is a serious business i am talking about a risk.

To give example think about wallhack in cs. There are ways to understand if you are wallhacking like a retard but a decent player can wallhack without showing. If tourneys were not lan dont you think there would be pro cs players getting away with wallhack?

Ok you are wayy better than me and you say mh is very impactful. But i think you would beat players like somppu/k-bar even if they use mh(not claiming these players mh) with casters(trying not to show off).

@EAGLEMUT
I wonder level of these 200 players, very cool you get them and i always appreciate what are you doing. Didnt know it.
Switzerland ChewSick
Dragoon
ESO: chusik

Post by ChewSick »

HUMMAN wrote:Ok you are wayy better than me and you say mh is very impactful. But i think you would beat players like somppu/k-bar even if they use mh(not claiming these players mh) with casters(trying not to show off).

maphack is far more impactful than you think. I don't think any pr35+ player would lose a single game if they're using it even if they try to not make it too obvious.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

how can you be so narrow-minded to think that building rotator is unfair? do you still live in 1999 when 2D AoE2 was released?
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer

Post by HUMMAN »

pecelot wrote:how can you be so narrow-minded to think that building rotator is unfair? do you still live in 1999 when 2D AoE2 was released?

Why everybody is triggered lol. For sure it is unfair when buildrotating is not avaible in default game mode. If it was accessible to everyone it would be fair. And whatever it is a good design or not to enable build rotating is not in my interest.

@ChewSick
Then why they dont? I believe not all players share same ethical values.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

HUMMAN wrote:
pecelot wrote:how can you be so narrow-minded to think that building rotator is unfair? do you still live in 1999 when 2D AoE2 was released?

Why everybody is triggered lol. For sure it is unfair when buildrotating is not avaible in default game mode. If it was accessible to everyone it would be fair. And whatever it is a good design or not to enable build rotating is not in my interest.

@ChewSick
Then why they dont? I believe not all players share same ethical values.

So you are saying it's fair in EP? Since there it's accessible to everyone.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

From what I've gathered in staff/tournament discussions, the general consensus among top players is that building rotator does disproportionally affect matches, even if both players have access to it. In a Dutch v. Aztecs game, for example, the Dutch player benefits far more from having access to the rotator than the Aztecs player. The rotator buffs some civs, and since the exact effect is unknown and any hidden buffs are undesirable, the rotator is banned in tournament games.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer

Post by HUMMAN »

@edeholland as bramboi said it may change the balance but i think.its fair if both players accept the terms.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

its fair not balanced
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

omg, then maybe players need to adapt
when Dutch is walling with banks then most of the times map's layout and position of the enemy will be more crucial
it's a 3D game, building rotator has been in the game since day one and it was omitted in skirmishes due to an oversight
EP allows it, for suck's fake
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

HUMMAN wrote:@EAGLEMUT
I wonder level of these 200 players, very cool you get them and i always appreciate what are you doing. Didnt know it.

Average PR of known offender is ~25. Note that it's just incidents, some of which are by the same player; I didn't do any fancy filtering or grouping on the data, only meant to give a rough idea that something's happening.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
India Frost Bite
Dragoon
ESO: ContainsCaffeine
GameRanger ID: 3243371

Post by Frost Bite »

lordraphael wrote:
HUMMAN wrote:Many players try to make game easier(build rotator, easy buy sell, wall program) how do you know they dont mh? I am on the same side with ear, there is nothing regulating you are maphacking or not, but since its not a big deal(you should not avoid raids, attack without scouting etc.) here we are. Game already gives many information(whatever enemy ages or you see their deck) it is mostly effective in finding treasures and seeing enemy composition.

lol if iwas using maphack id never lose a single game. Thats how big maphack is and to even assusme such a thing is an insult to all honest players. Especially becasue you specifically target "good " players. The bad players dont cheat, or dont use maphack but the good players do. So pathetic. That being said theres the possibility that some players use maphack. But imo its kind of hard to use maphack in a casted game and get away with it.

Well, I doubt that having a maphack would help you win. Yes it allows you to view your enemy, but I am sure that it will affect you because you have to play in a way that it isn't obvious to the enemy. For example if u see ur enemy's cav trying to take down your vills or you trying to raid you should play in such a way that a normal person would without mh. It actually builds up the pressure in you. So an additional responsiblity.
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

With mh you can just counter build every game and claim either you scouted or just blind luck
India Frost Bite
Dragoon
ESO: ContainsCaffeine
GameRanger ID: 3243371

Post by Frost Bite »

Yeah, but you have to keep an eye always on the enemy, Doesn't that hamper your macro? your timing could get affected.
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Frost Bite wrote:Yeah, but you have to keep an eye always on the enemy, Doesn't that hamper your macro? your timing could get affected.
no
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

well, it can, but in top games players would have no problems with splitting their attention; furthermore, the loss of 10 food due to a-bit-flawed macro for total scouting information is totally worth it
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

I've had this idea for a while for a custom map which gives each player a ~33% chance of getting full vision of the map. At the end of the game it would be revealed which players (if any) got granted full vision. Spectator UI-enabled, of course (otherwise it would be no fun).

Might be an interesting experiment.
oranges.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Aizamk wrote:I've had this idea for a while for a custom map which gives each player a ~33% chance of getting full vision of the map. At the end of the game it would be revealed which players (if any) got granted full vision. Spectator UI-enabled, of course (otherwise it would be no fun).

Great in teamgames, if only one of the team has the maphack. It's going to be a communication test
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Aizamk wrote:I've had this idea for a while for a custom map which gives each player a ~33% chance of getting full vision of the map. At the end of the game it would be revealed which players (if any) got granted full vision. Spectator UI-enabled, of course (otherwise it would be no fun).

it would be. we can have 1 champion, who plays with mh enabled in the custom map, and challengers try to win a game vs maphack champion. if you win, you become champ.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

umeu wrote:

it would be. we can have 1 champion, who plays with mh enabled in the custom map, and challengers try to win a game vs maphack champion. if you win, you become champ.

Pretty cool idea tbh.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Frost Bite wrote:Well, I doubt that having a maphack would help you win.

:hmm:
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..