Would ESOC have been better off if they banned the trolls?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Would ESOC have been better off if they banned the trolls?

Post by momuuu »

pecelot wrote:I was trying to be nazi sometimes as a mod, but it turned out the line was pretty blurred and being strict would have required banning a lot of people because there wasn't really any authority
it's far from ideal, but it's really tough to execute the ideal state with limited human resources, as you could probably tell, my fellow ex-moderator :santa:
though I don't have that much problem with posting off-topic these days, from a peasant user point of view I'd rather have this than issuing premature and unnecessary punishments all over the place for even the slightest infringements

This might be true. Maybe a combination of removing posts more actively with banning users who end up spamming the same post that has been made a million times already would work better. At some point I do think one should ban and just move on. It worked with bpdscolony didn't it? I've never even seen somebody complain about his permanent ban.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

momuuu wrote:I couldn't help but wonder what would have happened to ESOC if moderation had been stricter and notorious trolls (like for example the basement and other shitposters)

Would like some clarification since for some reason my post got deleted - do you think I should be permanently banned or not?
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
momuuu wrote:I couldn't help but wonder what would have happened to ESOC if moderation had been stricter and notorious trolls (like for example the basement and other shitposters)

Would like some clarification since for some reason my post got deleted - do you think I should be permanently banned or not?

Get over it and move on. And yes, I know what I am talking about.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Snuden wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

I just think it's a bit ridiculous that a post calling for my banning is allowed but a post fighting back against that is not.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

fightinfrenchman wrote:

Yes
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Snuden wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I just think it's a bit ridiculous that a post calling for my banning is allowed but a post fighting back against that is not.

You do realize that the original post doesnt actually call for your banning at all?

Oh well, you probably are well aware and are just using this to troll/put pressure on the moderators. I shouldnt take the bait
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Oh right, you just called me a notorious troll and suggested the forums would be better if I was banned. Totally different! By the way did any Basement members even post in the thread that made you complain to begin with?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Oh right, you just called me a notorious troll and suggested the forums would be better if I was banned. Totally different! By the way did any Basement members even post in the thread that made you complain to begin with?

I didnt suggest anything. I asked if it would be better if trolls were banned. I just mentioned you as an example of a troll.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Pay more attention to detail.