... takes too long to understand

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.

what takes you too long to understand?

Jerimuno is not Jerom
30%
India is not best civ
15%
Garja is human being
43%
Other.. ( put your comment below )
13%

Total votes: 61

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

... takes too long to understand

Post by deleted_user »

what do you think? what takes too long to understand for you? reasonable reasons please
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: ... takes too long to understand

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

India is not best civ. It's been 4 years since this statement is true and still people don't get it.

At first it was only the pr30- (couprider) and veni, but now even hazza, tabben, erik etc have joined the bandwagon
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

well it is a retarded civ that's for sure
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

It took me too long to understand that jermon is fackfase, and the reason behind it is the alt d thread
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Sargsyan wrote:It took me too long to understand that jermon is fackfase, and the reason behind it is the alt d thread

did you understand that you are a follower of Gendarme already?
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Took me 2 years to fully understand that I truly suck at AoE3, and I probably always will.
[Sith] - Baphomet
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

It takes me too long to understand that piroshiki is not a bot, this day where i saw him streaming on twitch, woooow biggest suprise of all time. And i think he was even speaking like a true human, OMG.
That was a huge revelation tbh.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Ashvin wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:It took me too long to understand that jermon is fackfase, and the reason behind it is the alt d thread

How so pls enlighten me
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Sargsyan wrote:
Ashvin wrote:

How so pls enlighten me

the same way you understood the fuckfase thing, read any of spanky's thread :P
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Ashvin wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:
Show hidden quotes

How so pls enlighten me

the same way you understood the fuckfase thing, read any of spanky's thread :P

What do you mean ? :hleung:
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

lol
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

lolz
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:India is not best civ. It's been 4 years since this statement is true and still people don't get it.

At first it was only the pr30- (couprider) and veni, but now even hazza, tabben, erik etc have joined the bandwagon

Could you not put words in people's mouth? I never said it was the nr1 civ, but that imo its a say top 3 top civ, big difference. First of all, the matchup and map matters, so its hard to have 1 overall best civ but easier to categorize a civ as top 3. Secondly, there is a difference to be made between 1/1 and team and I speak mostly of team. Third, the last years some dynamics and balance has changed, making it for some civs easier to deal with others than before (for example you can use dutch vs india).
I actually thought you understood these things.

Prince also puts it down quite nicely.

Maybe you will understand some day...and just maybe, it might be, possibly so, that perhaps Hazza etc have some valid reasons of their own ^^ They are in fact capable of thinking critically themselves and they do have game knowledge and experience. Then again, perhaps Erik and Hazza being regarded as currently very good players, doesn't matter for you. Because, in the end, anyone who disagrees with you is appearently wrong.
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

princeofkabul wrote:well it is a retarded civ that's for sure

It is, that doesn't make it op.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Veni_Vidi_Vici_W wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:India is not best civ. It's been 4 years since this statement is true and still people don't get it.

Could you not put words in people's mouth? I never said it was the nr1 civ, but that imo its a say top 3 top civ, big difference. First of all, the matchup and map matters, so its hard to have 1 overall best civ but easier to categorize a civ as top 3. Secondly, there is a difference to be made between 1/1 and team and I speak mostly of team. Third, the last years some dynamics and balance has changed, making it for some civs easier to deal with others than before (for example you can use dutch vs india).
I actually thought you were capable of understanding these things.

Prince also puts it down quite nicely.

Maybe you will understand some day...and just maybe, it might be, possibly so, that perhaps Hazza etc have some valid reasons of their own ^^ They are in fact capable of thinking critically themselves and they do have game knowledge and experience. Then again, perhaps Erik and Hazza being regarded as currently very good players, doesn't matter for you. Because, in the end, anyone who disagrees with you is appearently wrong.

I'm quite sure that you said that India was the top civ in 1v1. Hazza, tabben and erik also did.
It's fine if you disagree, that doesn't make you a bad player by any mean, but considering that all the guys who claim that India is imba don't play the civ, I can argue that their statement isn't very relevant.

India is however totally broken and you can get away with so many mistakes which is lame, but that's another point.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't actually understand timings and I don't scout I'm too preoccupied getting 80f in transition in a corner of the map so I only play max greed every game with every civ so that it never becomes an issue then I lose 7 vills to 12 sepoy or to Dutch with free 5 bank (hence the advent of the VC, livestock pen, 2 dock boom).
India Frost Bite
Dragoon
ESO: ContainsCaffeine
GameRanger ID: 3243371

Post by Frost Bite »

These kind of polls, and the fact tht ppl vote it.. too much bullshit. This is the thing i dont understand
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I'm quite sure that you said that India was the top civ in 1v1. Hazza, tabben and erik also did.

Not entirely true, though I definitely place India above average. But i also think some people have been drastically overrating them (like Prince, Hazza, Lukas).
[spoiler=spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Like a few months ago Prince was ranting in the India thread about how "blatantly OP" the civ is, claiming that it hadn't lost a single non-mirror in elimination brackets thus far (which was blatantly false).

And Garja was claiming that India FI is "pretty much viable in every MU atm" which just seems like a completely random statement without much support.

Though i do believe you underrated their strength a bit in some matchups (vs brits, aztecs for example) when you returned.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Frost Bite wrote:These kind of polls, and the fact tht ppl vote it.. too much bullshit. This is the thing i dont understand

This is a perfect poll actually
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

kami_ryu wrote:
India is however totally broken and you can get away with so many mistakes which is lame,

What do you mean?

Where to start?

1) You can use the pull trick to get out of snare with your monks, so if you get caught you can get away with it.
2) You can stun your opponent's explorer to steal his treasures. Thus, it's okay if you're out of position or slower than your opponent, you have a second chance.
Now, imagine your opponent is out of position and steals your treasure. At least you can snare his monk and kill one. Oh wait, you can't ! That's how you can end up having no treasure while your opponent gets 250w and 90f as India vs Aztecs (hi iamturk).
3) You can build Agra in the middle of the map and get the map control for free. In the current meta it isn't really an issue but it is much harder to play without map control because it's like there was a clock and you have to make something happen before you run out of food.
4) You can make 100% sepoy and win. You can and actually in some MUs you should. I'm not going to explain why playing with a 100% musk composition is easy.
5) Your late game is great thanks to great units (zams/gurkhas/sepoys) and great eco, so it's just like map control, if your opponent doesn't manage to kill you, he's dead unless he plays Japan or something. Again, this is no big deal assuming perfect play because you can do a lot with a timing but the lower the level is, the less precise the timings are and the harder it is to beat India as a consequence.
6) Last but not least, cease fire ! This is what allows you to go mahout/sepoy/urumi in age 3 while taking extremely cost efficient fight. You can just walk and get to hand combat without taking damage and kill the falcs for free, great RTS feature lol. Tbh it should be removed from the game.
Try to go musk/huss in age 3 against skirm/goon and you'll see that you'll lose more than half of your cav before even reaching hand combat lol.

As I said, it's not a balance issue because on TP maps you can just timing with most civs and kill India if you're careful, but this is lame. It's just like protoss in Starcraft II. If you scout perfectly, adapt accordingly, and micro like maru it's fine, else you die to a DT build or lose because storms and colossus are fucking lame.
Saying that, I notice that I forgot to say that you could scout super easily because your monks are as fast as coyotes so you can escape most of the time, and scouting for free is a big deal.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

tabben wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I'm quite sure that you said that India was the top civ in 1v1. Hazza, tabben and erik also did.

Not entirely true, though I definitely place India above average. But i also think some people have been drastically overrating them (like Prince, Hazza, Lukas).
[spoiler=spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Like a few months ago Prince was ranting in the India thread about how "blatantly OP" the civ is, claiming that it hadn't lost a single non-mirror in elimination brackets thus far (which was blatantly false).

And Garja was claiming that India FI is "pretty much viable in every MU atm" which just seems like a completely random statement without much support.

Though i do believe you underrated their strength a bit in some matchups (vs brits, aztecs for example) when you returned.

Well, I remember that when I asked you what the best civs were in your opinion you answered India and Sioux. You probably changed your mind since then.
I still think that Brit and Aztec are decent civs to face India.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

All the asain explorer rng features are bullshit and stupid tbh
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

>This thread

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

British is the best civilization. Then Chinese. Then Japanese. Fuck the rest.