... takes too long to understand

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.

what takes you too long to understand?

Jerimuno is not Jerom
30%
India is not best civ
15%
Garja is human being
43%
Other.. ( put your comment below )
13%

Total votes: 61

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: ... takes too long to understand

Post by Dolan »

>falling for Hazza's smurf trolling

I mean, he does have a point, but just sayin'!
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

>too stupid to realise its not actually me
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

>implying I keep track of your smurfs

There's more to life than ESO and AOE3, ya kno.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Theres more to life than following me everywhere on eso and aoe3 and doing your best to insult me and then cry like a little bitch when i retaliate
Vietnam 500000vnd
Crossbow
GameRanger ID: 475839

Post by 500000vnd »

Setler india = 70w or 80w
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Hazza54321 wrote:Theres more to life than following me everywhere on eso and aoe3 and doing your best to insult me and then cry like a little bitch when i retaliate

I don't watch anything that you do anywhere. You're basically insignificant from any point of view, in my book.

I think the fact that you somehow got into the first 100 players in a dead game played by 15 people somehow got to your head and now you think you're some kind of VIP.

You don't have anything to say that could possibly create any shadow of doubt in my mind. And it's ironic you project this "cry like a little bitch" onto me, when it was you sending me a direct message on Twitch asking me why am I taking the piss on you. It was just too upsetting for you, I suppose. ^^
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lol wtf is happening here XD
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I will fight for my General!

Die Dolan!
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Can we have a grudge match?
How did this beef start though, can we have some backstory?
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

deleted_user wrote:I will fight for my General!

Die Dolan!

you still think general52 is hazza ?
Lol its iamgrunt, hes back!
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

Dolan wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:Theres more to life than following me everywhere on eso and aoe3 and doing your best to insult me and then cry like a little bitch when i retaliate

I don't watch anything that you do anywhere. You're basically insignificant from any point of view, in my book.

I think the fact that you somehow got into the first 100 players in a dead game played by 15 people somehow got to your head and now you think you're some kind of VIP.

You don't have anything to say that could possibly create any shadow of doubt in my mind. And it's ironic you project this "cry like a little bitch" onto me, when it was you sending me a direct message on Twitch asking me why am I taking the piss on you. It was just too upsetting for you, I suppose. ^^

Why are you still here if its a dead game no one cares about? This is so disrespectful to people who put time effort and money into this game. Hazza is hazza no different from when he was 1st lt and some people just do what they enjoy instead of jumping on the bandwagon
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Method_man714 wrote:
Dolan wrote:

... Hazza is no different from when he was 1st lt ...

yea
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Method_man714 wrote:Why are you still here if its a dead game no one cares about? This is so disrespectful to people who put time effort and money into this game. Hazza is hazza no different from when he was 1st lt and some people just do what they enjoy instead of jumping on the bandwagon

Good question. I actually left the forum a few times. I only came back to discuss some topics I was interested in mostly in the off-topic section. I rarely, almost never, post anything about AOE3, even tho it's still my all-time favourite game. Too bad I can't play it anymore because I don't have time and the game is technically very old and many people lag while playing it.

Nah, I know how Hazza was a few years ago, I talked to him on Skype, he was a much more modest lad. Now he's got on this high horse and doesn't know how to take a joke anymore. He should learn more from Garja, who knows how to take a joke without getting upset. It's part of growing up. Hazza still has this lil kid ego "me > you" sort of attitude. That's funny until you lose to some of the real top players like Diarouga and then you get mad, because you realise your ego was a bit overinflated.

I can take a joke, I can take criticism, no problem, it keeps me grounded and motivates me to improve.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

This thread really took a turn
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Who is this dolan guy? Sounds like just another dr legend smurf. And excuse me but harry was and still is one of the most modest people around especially for someone who plays at his level
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

rsy wrote:Who is this dolan guy? Sounds like just another dr legend smurf. And excuse me but harry was and still is one of the most modest people around especially for someone who plays at his level

Dolan was the creator of this website.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

gibson wrote:All the asain explorer rng features are bullshit and stupid tbh

Yeah I'd love ep to remove that. I mean it's just pure luck it makes no sense
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

That would be such a huge nerf though. Maybe make them castable abilities or something.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah give whatever buff instead if needed. As long as it's not just a totally random mechanic
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

It's not even that impactful 99% of the time anyway.

I'm pretty sure people would complain way more about Indian monks being able to cast stomp than it being an RNG ability anyway lol. And India is really the only civ I think you could argue this is even a problem, really. Divine Strike is rarely useful vs units and Crits are great but really only impactful in the early game, and in general not even a big balance issue IMO.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well yeah the stomp can be huge in fights or in age 1 treasure contentions. The divine strike is mostly huge for treasure contentions, but also for example to one shoot a rather low hp nat scout, or one shooting pikes sieging your shrines. Critical hits are dumb but not super impactful thats true, but turning a dead unit into a free disciple can be.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Mitoe in one post you say its not relevant 99% of the time and the next you say removing it would be a huge nerf. The point isnt even about how big of a deal these abilites can and cannot be, the point is there shouldnt be rng abilities like that in an rts game.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

gibson wrote:Mitoe in one post you say its not relevant 99% of the time and the next you say removing it would be a huge nerf. The point isnt even about how big of a deal these abilites can and cannot be, the point is there shouldnt be rng abilities like that in an rts game.

Sorry I should have clarified. It's a huge nerf to their age 1: absolutely colossal. I feel like this is also the point in time where this affects the other player the least.

Later in the game I feel like the abilities don't really matter at all. A good stomp can still net you an advantage in a trade, but most of the time not really. Divine Strike is virtually worthless once unit counts eclipse like 10-15+, and once you get higher tech and higher HP units. Crits are good, but overall it just increases their average DPS by about 20-30% and isn't really a big issue, IMO.

Basically these abilities are essential in age 1:

China is full melee and can't really kite treasures the same way most other civs can. They can do it, of course, but it's much harder/slower and with greater risk, I would argue.

Japan is also pretty reliant on Divine Strike for treasuring, and removing it would hurt their early game a lot. It's also pretty nice to be able to scare off scouts at a lower hp than normal and that sort of thing, which is important because you want to dissuade them from harassing you while you're shrining in transition, and losing those monks as a result of not having it would be a huge blow. In general really the Divine Strike--similarly to China--just increases their average DPS by about 10-20%, and there's also a bit of skill involved in using it, such as retargeting monks onto low hp units in small skirmishes, for example.

India is already pretty weak in age 1, although the stomp is definitely annoying sometimes here when they manage to get lucky and steal a treasure as a result of it. I'm actually uncertain exactly how removing or changing this would affect them, because you can't fight an enemy unit on top of treasure guardians because of the risk of aggroing the treasure guardians with stomp, but at the same time it's quite good when it does go off while you're treasuring or fighting the enemy explorer (it's also the only way to escape an enemy explorer while snared if your other monk is dead or too far), and also in relatively small unit numbers (e.g. when sepoy rushing against a crossbow defense or defending a Russian strelet rush etc.). I can definitely see the argument for making some kind of change for India here, but I would rather have it as a casted ability than removing it altogether.

After the early game (say, 6 or 7 minutes) I think they're mostly irrelevant.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Please keep nerdy AoE 3 discussion off the sacred off topic section
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

How exactly are divine strikes "huge" for treasure contentions? They don't seem to change much of the procedure to me, it just forces both players to watch the treasure more carefully. I mean it's not like divine strikes favour either player at a contention xD Just helps Japan secure uncontested treasures a bit faster.