... takes too long to understand

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.

what takes you too long to understand?

Jerimuno is not Jerom
30%
India is not best civ
15%
Garja is human being
43%
Other.. ( put your comment below )
13%

Total votes: 61

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: ... takes too long to understand

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

rsy wrote:Who is this dolan guy? Sounds like just another dr legend smurf. And excuse me but harry was and still is one of the most modest people around especially for someone who plays at his level

No.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

It took me 2 yrs to understand that all in rushes dont work well past master sgt.

Also, i heard that dolan used to be neuron, is this true?
Error 404: Signature not found
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

noissance wrote:It took me 2 yrs to understand that all in rushes dont work well past master sgt.

Yes.
Great Britain boyu
Musketeer
ESO: boyu

Post by boyu »

tabben wrote:How exactly are divine strikes "huge" for treasure contentions? They don't seem to change much of the procedure to me, it just forces both players to watch the treasure more carefully. I mean it's not like divine strikes favour either player at a contention xD Just helps Japan secure uncontested treasures a bit faster.

Depends how you define uncontested. If you're approaching a treasure that your opponent is trying to take and he gets a divine strike before you get there, he wins that treasure "contention".
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

tabben wrote:How exactly are divine strikes "huge" for treasure contentions? They don't seem to change much of the procedure to me, it just forces both players to watch the treasure more carefully. I mean it's not like divine strikes favour either player at a contention xD Just helps Japan secure uncontested treasures a bit faster.

I never said anything about treasure contentions; though Divine Strike is helpful for finishing treasures more quickly and thereby avoiding treasure contentions.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Divine strikes are so stupid and have no place in this game. Quicker treasures based on luck and anything less than 4 pikes die to this luck too (meaning you can't split a batch of 5)
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well japan can pick up some treasures just super quickly sometimes thanks to these. You're just next to the treasure and walking to steal it but in fact he just gets a divine strike and picks it up before you can do anything. Also japan loses much less hp sometimes while fighting the guardians while your explo is here cause of that
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Divine strikes are so stupid and have no place in this game. Quicker treasures based on luck and anything less than 4 pikes die to this luck too (meaning you can't split a batch of 5)

Oh yeah didn't even think about how it would affect defending shrines. That would be a pretty big nerf then. I still think Divine Strike and Crit is fine.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
noissance wrote:It took me 2 yrs to understand that all in rushes dont work well past master sgt.

Yes.

Ah.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Removing their abilities would certainly be a nerf and the explorers would have to be rebalanced it's just always bothered me that there's a mechanic on the game that is just pure rng
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

If you want to complain about imbalanced RNG complain about warship ROF not monk abilities

If anything, monk abilities are the least impactful RNG mechanics/factors in the game
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It depends. Its a small impact but it happens frequently, basically every game an asain civ is played. Anyway that's not relevant to the fact that that kind of mechanical RNG has no place in an rts game.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah give whatever buff instead if needed. As long as it's not just a totally random mechanic

You mean like tres, oh no wait tres is skill!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It would make the game more balanced if treasures were nerfed, set, or gone but it would also make an already boring age 1 even more boring.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I don't think static treasures would make the game more boring tbh. it would add strategy to age1. Even now good players know the location where good tres tend to spawn the most, same for livestock, so they scout in that direction. If you know the exact location of the tres (i think livestock is fine as is), then you can choose your strategy accordingly. Do you want to scout res/map over tres? Do you want to go for high profile tres and risk getting it stolen or explorer killed in a contention, or do you ignore it and pick up a bunch of easy tres and forego the high profile one. Or do you just go for the high profile one, but not to take it, only to contest it. Rather than it just being luck what you get, age1 can truly become skilled and based on an actual strategy rather than just an elevated scouting pattern.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

You're not wrong, I was primarily thinking boring if treasures were completely removed. I can already tell you people will got through mental gymnastics to try to demonstrate that memorizing treasure patterns takes skill while memorizing the location of a specific good treasure wouldn't.
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

Dolan wrote:
Method_man714 wrote:Why are you still here if its a dead game no one cares about? This is so disrespectful to people who put time effort and money into this game. Hazza is hazza no different from when he was 1st lt and some people just do what they enjoy instead of jumping on the bandwagon

Good question. I actually left the forum a few times. I only came back to discuss some topics I was interested in mostly in the off-topic section. I rarely, almost never, post anything about AOE3, even tho it's still my all-time favourite game. Too bad I can't play it anymore because I don't have time and the game is technically very old and many people lag while playing it.

Nah, I know how Hazza was a few years ago, I talked to him on Skype, he was a much more modest lad. Now he's got on this high horse and doesn't know how to take a joke anymore. He should learn more from Garja, who knows how to take a joke without getting upset. It's part of growing up. Hazza still has this lil kid ego "me > you" sort of attitude. That's funny until you lose to some of the real top players like Diarouga and then you get mad, because you realise your ego was a bit overinflated.

I can take a joke, I can take criticism, no problem, it keeps me grounded and motivates me to improve.

So you spoke to him once on skype. K
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

umeu wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah give whatever buff instead if needed. As long as it's not just a totally random mechanic

You mean like tres, oh no wait tres is skill!

Treasuring involves skill yeah, unlike randomly getting a divine strike or whatever, which is just pure luck. But yeah of course there's too much luck regarding treasures. That's only because the treasures aren't balanced though. They don't have to be totally fixed, we just need to balance them, so that the time and hp invested into taking a treasure are roughly proportional to the reward.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

What about random crates which determines you have a tp or not?
Im surprised its still not fixed.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Dsy wrote:What about random crates which determines you have a tp or not?
Im surprised its still not fixed.

+1
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

tabben wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I'm quite sure that you said that India was the top civ in 1v1. Hazza, tabben and erik also did.

Not entirely true, though I definitely place India above average. But i also think some people have been drastically overrating them (like Prince, Hazza, Lukas).
[spoiler=spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Like a few months ago Prince was ranting in the India thread about how "blatantly OP" the civ is, claiming that it hadn't lost a single non-mirror in elimination brackets thus far (which was blatantly false).

And Garja was claiming that India FI is "pretty much viable in every MU atm" which just seems like a completely random statement without much support.

Though i do believe you underrated their strength a bit in some matchups (vs brits, aztecs for example) when you returned.

Could you mention players who lost as india to other civs where the players were even remotely close in skill? Garja snowww ain't gonna cut it... sorry G
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

princeofkabul wrote:
tabben wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I'm quite sure that you said that India was the top civ in 1v1. Hazza, tabben and erik also did.

Not entirely true, though I definitely place India above average. But i also think some people have been drastically overrating them (like Prince, Hazza, Lukas).
Like a few months ago Prince was ranting in the India thread about how "blatantly OP" the civ is, claiming that it hadn't lost a single non-mirror in elimination brackets thus far (which was blatantly false).

And Garja was claiming that India FI is "pretty much viable in every MU atm" which just seems like a completely random statement without much support.

Though i do believe you underrated their strength a bit in some matchups (vs brits, aztecs for example) when you returned.

Could you mention players who lost as india to other civs where the players were even remotely close in skill? Garja snowww ain't gonna cut it... sorry G

Dongtay vs me.

We're close in skill because he's winning our series 3-1.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Hard to distinguish between some players:

Soldier =/= grunt AKA "He is back! Why did no-one notice? :o "
zutazuta =/= Veni "interjection's co-caster"
ramex12 =/= ramex19 AKA "How can Veni be playing against himself? :huh: "
musketsr =/= musketjr =/= sirmusket =/= musketeer925 AKA "same but different :unsure: "
LONEWOLF123 =/= Howlingwolfpaw AKA "Oh, it's the FFA guy"
tabben =/= tedere =/= duolckrad "Not sure whom to root for :hmm: "
Osmane + Kaboul =/= the breezebrothers (and also that they do not come from the country nor city in their names)
prince =/= koenig erik = snoww
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

princeofkabul wrote:
tabben wrote:

Well I lose to worse players than me when I play India vs fre/iro etc...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

deleted_user wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Dongtay vs me.

We're close in skill because he's winning our series 3-1.
lol ur terrible. Iv beaten dongtay 5+ times on 1v1 and none of them have been close. I bash him so ez he always accuses me of cheating at the end.