blast from past

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

blast from past

Post by milku3459 »

hello everyone

I reopened my account today out of sheer curiosity. Ever since quitting AOE3 for good, I've always wondered what happened to that community I used to spend so much time with. Did it die slowly? Peter out gradually? Was I a drop in a slow-rolling wave of people leaving that would dry up the game?

To my delight, I was completely wrong. I was relieved to see that the last topic posted when I logged on was from just 3 seconds ago, by hazza no less, so a good omen. The forums appear to have gained some fancy new features while I was gone, such as being able to see your own place in the ELO ladder (the site thinks I am jamescheif100 apparently). And my notification box was full of mentions--it was gratifying to know that people did not immediately forget me when i left, and that I somehow managed to win "funniest poster" in the community awards 11 months or so after leaving.

It's good to see the usual suspects--@tedere12 @pecelot, @fightinfrenchman @Googol, @spanky4ever @Vinyanyérë , etc, etc--who I used to play with, make memes about and occasionally feud with, still alive and active. It stirs the memories to see people talk about Russian strats, argue about consulates and make memes about Garja. It's encouraging to look at the population stats (another fancy new feature that is so cool!) and see that the player base hasn't only not died, but seems to be growing slowly.

Does this mean I'm coming back? No. Does this mean new memes? No. I've not had the wherewithal in the past two years or so to play AOE3, but someday I will. Someday I will get a good computer, buy TAD and boot up the old game once again, to argue over who gets to do "cav" in a laggy 3v3 on Deccan.

but until then, keep the game alive for me ok?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: blast from past

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Has it actually been two years? That is unbelievable to me
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Has it actually been two years? That is unbelievable to me

I think I stopped playing sometime before quitting forums, but it's all hazy
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Members of the Blyat army.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

It's been a while indeed. Good to see you
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ive always enjoyed your presence, and your involvement in the brief Insight Community, before I got whack, but am now getting less whack. You were the first good memer- I'll never forget that.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

hello
we need a meme war
@Sargsyan vs @milku3459
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Milku wins ez with his meme videos
Real recognize real my g
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco